21 replies to this topic

#1 zevo

zevo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:13 AM

I just started it today. If the fit test is a sign of things to come....its gunna suck!

#2 zevo

zevo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

Day 2. 50 minutes of wanting to vomit. I can definitely see why people get good results.

#3 joesixpack

joesixpack

Hell Bent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,015 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:58 AM

Day 2. 50 minutes of wanting to vomit. I can definitely see why people get good results.

When you're gonna puke, that's the zone you need to get to. Snot out of the nose, sweating like hell and ready to puke your brains out. Once THAT workout is done, you get a serious high. :)

#4 zevo

zevo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:39 AM

When you're gonna puke, that's the zone you need to get to. Snot out of the nose, sweating like hell and ready to puke your brains out. Once THAT workout is done, you get a serious high. :w00t:

ha ha! thats true. im on my 8th day. yesterday was my day off. The most difficult thing is to do it 6 days a week. The days I work, I work 12.5 hours so I am exhausted when I come home but I still manage to do it. The results are really good thus far. I am not following any diet of sorts. I am 5' 10.5". I started at 186 lbs and clocked in today at 184.2.

#5 joesixpack

joesixpack

Hell Bent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,015 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:48 PM

ha ha! thats true. im on my 8th day. yesterday was my day off. The most difficult thing is to do it 6 days a week. The days I work, I work 12.5 hours so I am exhausted when I come home but I still manage to do it. The results are really good thus far. I am not following any diet of sorts. I am 5' 10.5". I started at 186 lbs and clocked in today at 184.2.

I've lost ten pounds since I started last month. Basically all I've done is cut out fast food, added in fruits and salads. That and for the workout, I'm on a program to get to two hundred consecutive bodyweight squats, 100 pushups and 200 consecutive crunches (6 week program). The squat workouts are murderous. Legs shaking, heart pounding. After one workout, I kid you not I was high for a good half hour. Nice. :thumbsup:

Edit: And, I've been walking like Frankenstein all month haha

#6 DarthICE

DarthICE

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:06 AM

I've lost ten pounds since I started last month. Basically all I've done is cut out fast food, added in fruits and salads. That and for the workout, I'm on a program to get to two hundred consecutive bodyweight squats, 100 pushups and 200 consecutive crunches (6 week program). The squat workouts are murderous. Legs shaking, heart pounding. After one workout, I kid you not I was high for a good half hour. Nice. :)

Edit: And, I've been walking like Frankenstein all month haha

OOOOH Hindu Squats suck! Sounds like you are kinda working a Matt Furey deal?

#7 joesixpack

joesixpack

Hell Bent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,015 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:38 AM

OOOOH Hindu Squats suck! Sounds like you are kinda working a Matt Furey deal?

No, lol, that's later. I found a website with the plan. Just regular old squats.

#8 joesixpack

joesixpack

Hell Bent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,015 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:41 AM

hey Zevo, how's it going?

#9 joesixpack

joesixpack

Hell Bent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,015 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:44 AM

I think we lost zevo. :bag:

#10 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,364 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:57 PM

Maybe he went insane.

#11 stuckincincy

stuckincincy

Get away, Jordan,

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,375 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:12 PM

I think we lost zevo. :thumbsup:

I hope not. I like his posts.

#12 zevo

zevo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:18 PM

Haha! Im still here! I have been fighting a virus that has put me out of commission. Im just again getting back. I put together a new routine. I am mixing a 4 mile run 3 or 4 days a week with insanity the other days. I havent lost a whole lot of weight but my body is firmer and I feel in much better condition. If I followed a steady diet results would more likely be extraordinary but I love my food and am not really willing to give it up. I would run 4 miles any day for a pizza!

#13 Pete

Pete

circle the wagons friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

do you recommend insanity? I always am looking for new workouts

#14 kegtapr

kegtapr

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,889 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:26 PM

do you recommend insanity? I always am looking for new workouts

If your goals are increased cardio, fat loss and lean muscle gain then hell yes.

#15 zevo

zevo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

So as usual I fell off the wagon back when....but this month I have started a routin of Bowflex, insanity and elliptical. I got a killer deal on a new bowflex and love how it works...Im mixing in insanity 2 or 3 times a week and using an elliptical on the nights I come home from work after a 12 hour shift. Results thus far are great.

#16 meazza

meazza

ASR 1927

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,775 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

Day 3 of insanity completed. It's rough but great. Haven't been able to complete a full workout yet as after about the 25th min, everything seems to be exponentially harder. I have gone back to salads and tried to cut out the excess carbs. I do intend to complete it.

#17 zevo

zevo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

I'm back on the horse...started at 178 and now at 173.....Its getting easier

#18 zevo

zevo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

now at 168.....and have been eating whatever i want....its all about moving and burning the calories.....def a lot more cut and more defined abs....

#19 Andrew in CA

Andrew in CA

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

now at 168.....and have been eating whatever i want....its all about moving and burning the calories.....def a lot more cut and more defined abs....

How important is it to do the program everyday? How long does a daily workout usually take? I'm considering getting this. I've been increasing muscle mass the last few months but I'm beginning to lose definition, so I think something like Insanity would be a good way to really get defined.

#20 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,364 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

The Best Workout You're Not Doing

Drop serious pounds and sculpt sexy curves with Insanity, the DVD craze that lives up to the hype. The magic behind the routine comes from plyometrics: explosive, full-body exercises that rev your heart rate and ratchet up metabolism to torch megacalories and build lean muscle. We asked Insanity creator Shaun Thompson for his top multitasking moves to help you get an insane body in only 20 minutes.