21 replies to this topic

#21 zevo

zevo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

How important is it to do the program everyday? How long does a daily workout usually take? I'm considering getting this. I've been increasing muscle mass the last few months but I'm beginning to lose definition, so I think something like Insanity would be a good way to really get defined.

Because of my job I can only reasonably do the exercises 4 times a week. The first month the workouts are around 45 mins....month two the workouts are 1 hour.

#22 Andrew in CA

Andrew in CA

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Because of my job I can only reasonably do the exercises 4 times a week. The first month the workouts are around 45 mins....month two the workouts are 1 hour.

Well, I just started month 2 and the workouts are killer! Makes the first month look like child's play, but I kinda like it--the more complex moves keep me more interested than doing ski jumps over and over.

As for results, I've gotten more definition, but my weight hasn't gone down--I've pretty much maintained. I think I've got to alter my diet for this next month and see what happens. I'm usually a big proponent of dropping carbs to next to nothing, but I tried that a bit with Insanity and found I ran out of gas much faster than if I had an english muffin with breakfast. It's all mixing and matching to find what works, I guess.

Anyway, I'm glad I've kept it up, hoping to see weight loss with month 2, and maybe I'll extend it another month (though I do miss weightlifting)!