6 replies to this topic

#1 Fires

Fires

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

I had to give up my team and players on GLB a long time ago. My mother lost her battle to cancer and I had to help with her

estate, and about that time my father in law was diagnosed with terminal cancer. So I had a full plate and couldn't handle day to

day duties, so I passed off my team to a gamer friend.

I did log into my account about 6 months ago, and saw where it was still active, had a team and a few of my players were still

active. I think it still said "Beta"... LOL

One thing I hated about that game. They changed player build rules to where if you built a balanced player he wasn't

worth a crap. They seemed to nerf alot of things and then tried to change them back after a season. Developers were getting

greedy by making all those leagues and not enough guys to fill them. I think there were some exploits being taken advantage of too.

Every online game I've ever played has them.

Just wondered if you guys were still playing. At one point it seemed like everyone had a team..

#2 ajzepp

ajzepp

TBD's Resident Focker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,256 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:07 PM

Hey man....really sorry to hear about your mom and dad :thumbsup: I lost my mom to cancer a few years ago, so I know what that feels like.

There are still a handful of us playing. I've been playing since season one, and I was the DC on Just Jack's Buffalo Crusher team that just won a league championship. Jack did almost all the work and owns the team, but it felt good to be a small part of a winner since I'd been trying since season one. I know AD is still active, and I'm sure there are several others, too.

#3 Fires

Fires

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:52 AM

Thanks Ajzepp.

I started in Season 1. I guess after Fez posted about the game on TBD. Had alot of fun with it, but had a hard time recruiting.

Thats cool that you guys are still playing. If I ever get the time again, maybe I'll get back on there and make a player or 2.

#4 ajzepp

ajzepp

TBD's Resident Focker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,256 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:40 PM

Cool man, let us know if you do. They've made a few changes to the build process, so should be interesting to see how it impacts the game. I used to be really into it, once creating the most amazing defensive scheme in the history of GLB, only to see it get beat by a gimmick play in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I went from loving the DC position to hating it. So now I throw some advice at Just Jack once in a while on his championship team, and I have a handful of players on Slothrop's team. It's still fun to spend some time there each week :P

#5 D'love

D'love

UDFA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:55 AM

Aw, last post May 2010. I played this game since season one for 5 or 6 seasons... got sick of Bort changing the game so much and making my baller players become mediocre with his changes. It became a total crapshoot, the best players were the ones that happened to have high #s in whatever it was he buffed lately and guys who figured out how to abuse the attribute points kept getting screwed.

Pissed me off, what a waste of my time in the end.

#6 Fezmid

Fezmid

DirecTV Advocate again!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

I still play - although don't pay a ton of attention to it anymore.

#7 justnzane

justnzane

Jethus Cwhithe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

I still play - although don't pay a ton of attention to it anymore.

same here fizmed.