Calories Per Serving: NA
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
1/2 cup strong black coffee
1/2 cup milk (whole or skim)
1 Tbsp. Karo Light corn syrup
ground cayanne red pepper
1/8 tsp. vanilla
* You need an electric "stick" mixer to make this.
* Brew some strong coffee. I use one of those 1-cup plastic things that you place atop a mug, with a cone-shaped filter.
* I use a ratio of 1/4 cup of coffee to 1 cup of boiling water.
* Pour 1/2 cup of the strong coffee into a tall mug - I bought a tapered, six inch high one for 3 dollars.
* Add 1 Tbsp. of the light corn syrup to the coffee. Add more or less to taste.
* Add a VERY small amount of table salt, and a VERY small amount of cayanne pepper.
* In a small saucepan with fairly tall sides, add 1/2 cup of milk - whole or skim. Heat with stirring to just boiling. You can do this while you are brewing the coffee.
* Remove the milk from the heat, and mix the milk with the electric stick mixer - about 20 seconds or so. There will be some visible foam on the surface - and the milk will be aerated with fine bubbles you can't see.
* Pour the steamed, foamed milk into the mug, and stir.
* Add 1/8 tsp. of vanilla, and stir.
Inexpensive to make. The coffee shops charge upwards of 2 dollars for a Cafe-au-Lait/Misto.
(Beverages) Cafe-au-Lait (Misto)
No replies to this topic