Calories Per Serving: Who care
Preparation Time: lengthy, but worth it
6 cups CONCORD Grapes
1 1/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon lemon juice
dash of salt
maragaine or butter
* Make pastry for two pie crusts
* Preheat oven to 425 F
* Remove and save the skins from the grapes.
* Put the pulp in a sauce pan without water and heat to a roiling boil.
* While hot, rub the pulp through a stainer to remove the seeds.
* Mix the pulp with the saved skins.
* Mix together (and lightly through the grapes) the sugar and flour.
* Sprinkle with the lemon juice and the salt.
* Pour the filling into the pie crust.
* Put several dabs of butter or margarine on the top of the filling.
* Cover the filling with the top crust and cut several slits in the top.
* Bake until the crust is lightly brown. 35 to 45 minutes
Serving Suggestions: Serve warm...Vanilla ice cream
Additional Comments: This is a lot of preparation..Make a lot of the filling at one time...Freeze and just add crusts
(Desserts) Grape Pie
No replies to this topic