- The Bills have no receiving threats who fulfill the requirement "he's open even when he's not open". Plaxico is a big guy (6ft.5) who you can throw the ball to when he is covered and Plax will win those 50/50 battles and come down with the ball. He can be used as red zone target,he caught 8TDs last year with Mark Sanchez throwing the ball, Plax will open space for others by drawing doubles near the endzone. Maybe David Nelson fills this role but I think the two can co-exist.
- It takes a while to get your legs back after you go to prison. Ask Jamaal Lewis, ask Mike Vick. They each had down years after they returned from prison, mental strain aside it takes a while to get your legs back into elite football shape. Both Jamaal Lewis and Vick rebounded after a year back.
- He's won and he's played well in a Superbowl. I can't really think of any Bills who have this qualification....yeh sure Nick Barnett has a ring but he was injured for most of the run and did not dress for the game.
- He'll come cheap and be will be motivated. We open the season against the Jet's.... what better way to keep a guy like Plaxico motivated in training camp then a game in NYC against the team that cut him. And if he acts out during the season cut him -- and I don't by the argument that if he is a disruption he'll destroy the Bills season. If the Bills allow a bad character or two to ruin their season, they were never destined for a winning record anyway.
- It's not like we'll be cutting someone who will tear the league up. Realistically I think we'll have to keep 6 WR keep so give me Johnson, Nelson, Graham, Jones, Easely and Plaxico. I get that Hagan is a good special teamer, and so could be Ruvell Martin. Yes Clowney has speed to burn. But the reality is these guys are fringe roster players who had chances by other teams and showed that they're marginal NFL players at best. Also someone always gets hurt.
So have at it....
Edited by JuanGuzman, 29 June 2012 - 05:15 PM.