Jump to content


Zac Dysert...this kid is gonna be good in the NFL...


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 matter2003

matter2003

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

Watching the Miami,OH game and can't help to be impressed with Zac Dysert, their senior QB...dude is hitting people in stride downfield, putting the ball in perfect places for them to catch it...the one throw was a bomb downfield that landed perfectly in his WRs hands without him breaking stride on the way to the endzone.  Another throw was down the seam to his TE who was well covered by a LB...he put the ball over the top of the LB and right into the hands of the TE for a 27 yard gain...perfect throw...

This dude is gonna be a good one...Bills would do well to get this kid...showing he is ranked 5th or 6th best QB, so the BIlls could likely get him in the 2nd or 3rd round...

#2 swnybillsfan

swnybillsfan

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

if this kid really has something special he will rocket up the boards due to the position he plays. if buffalo does decide they want a true talent of a qb to groom for the future then they will more than likely have to use their 1st round pick to get him. i don't know a heck of a lot about any of the kids potentially coming out for the draft this year, but if might be a good year to grab and groom a kid that may be a bit raw that has a lot of (scary word here) potential.

#3 808

808

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

geno smith or bust

#4 billsfanmiami(oh)

billsfanmiami(oh)

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

After the Miami/OSU game Urban Meyer said he'd be playing on Sundays. Kid can throw the ball thats for sure. Unfortunately I haven't been able to see any of my alma mater's games yet this year but he's been chucking it around pretty well for the last couple seasons. I hope I can catch a game this fall in person and see how far he's come along.

#5 Cheddar's Dad

Cheddar's Dad

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

It's long past time for Buffalo to draft it's franchise QB. I have a name to offer; Zak Dysert, 6' 3", 228 lbs., Miami (Ohio).

As I see it, there are several big name college senior QB's that everyone will be talking about such as; Geno Smith, WVU, Matt Barkley, USC, E.J. Manuel, Fla. St. The problem is that Buffalo will likely not be in a position to draft any one of these without surrendering a load of draft picks via trade up. Additionally, looking at the power rankings listed on PROFOOTBALLTALK.COM yesterday, shows that Oakland, Jacksonville, K.C., Jets, and Cowboys, all, as of now, selecting before Buffalo according to power ranking, have QB needs.

Unless Dysert plays in the Senior Bowl and looks great, he may be considered a late 1st or second round pick.

Who is Dysert? He has broken nearly all of Ben Roethlisberger's records at Miami of Ohio. He was named the MAC East offensive player of the week for weeks 4 and 5. He is currently ranked by NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM as the 6th best senior QB prospect. His completion percentage is about 68%.  

This is a player to watch, IMO, and I'm hoping Buddy is doing just that but Buddy, I'm concerned, may be spending too much time searching the SEC.

#6 DDD

DDD

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

Barkley? Landry?   This year's class of QB's looks lame. The time to suck was last year with Luck and RG III being known, clear-cut top prospects.

#7 section122

section122

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

View PostMr. Wonderful, on 03 October 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

Barkley? Landry?   This year's class of QB's looks lame. The time to suck was last year with Luck and RG III being known, clear-cut top prospects.
Not for nothing but at the start of last year RG3 was nowhere near a clear cut top prospect.  I believe he was rated as a 3rd rounder with some "experts" predicting he would need to move to wr.

#8 zow2

zow2

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,233 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

Well, the Bills have no excuse to overlook Dysert since he will be playing at UB Stadium on November 3rd.   Last season vs. UB, the guy was 20 for 25, 313 yds and 5 TD's so he will probably go off again (although UB's defense seems to be better this year).
So far this year Dysert is completing about 67% of his passes and 11 TD's.

#9 Johnny Hammersticks

Johnny Hammersticks

    You want a beer? How about some ether?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostMr. Wonderful, on 03 October 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

Barkley? Landry?   This year's class of QB's looks lame. The time to suck was last year with Luck and RG III being known, clear-cut top prospects.

I disagree...in fact I think this year's QB class is quite strong.

Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray (if he declares), EJ Manuel, Aaron Murray, and to a lesser extent...Zac Dysert, Logan Thomas, Mike Glennon, and Landry Jones....all seem like pretty good prospects.  I'd say that Smith, Barkley, Wilson, Bray, Murray, and maybe Manuel would all be 1st rounders.

#10 over 20 years of fanhood

over 20 years of fanhood

    if at first you don't succeed, maybe failure is your style

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

View Postmatter2003, on 22 September 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

Watching the Miami,OH game and can't help to be impressed with Zac Dysert, their senior QB...dude is hitting people in stride downfield, putting the ball in perfect places for them to catch it...the one throw was a bomb downfield that landed perfectly in his WRs hands without him breaking stride on the way to the endzone.  Another throw was down the seam to his TE who was well covered by a LB...he put the ball over the top of the LB and right into the hands of the TE for a 27 yard gain...perfect throw...

This dude is gonna be a good one...Bills would do well to get this kid...showing he is ranked 5th or 6th best QB, so the BIlls could likely get him in the 2nd or 3rd round...

But guys fitz and thigpen know Chans system.  Did this guy play at Georgia tech?  How would he know the system enough to get drafted??

#11 VanCity

VanCity

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostJohnny Hammersticks, on 03 October 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

I disagree...in fact I think this year's QB class is quite strong.

Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray (if he declares), EJ Manuel, Aaron Murray, and to a lesser extent...Zac Dysert, Logan Thomas, Mike Glennon, and Landry Jones....all seem like pretty good prospects.  I'd say that Smith, Barkley, Wilson, Bray, Murray, and maybe Manuel would all be 1st rounders.

I've been watching a lot of college ball this year and have seen almost every one of those QB's play at least once. Geno is, quite obviously, the top choice for QB's at this point. Barkley has taken a nosedive and did himself a disservice by not declaring last year. The Tylers are decent prospects, but I'm not enamored with either, and EJ is good in spurts. Aaron Murray is okay, but I don't see him turning out as more than a back-up. I was only able to see Dysert vs OSU and was more impressed with him than most everybody aside from Geno. His arm is extremely strong, he places the ball beautifully and he was effective in switching calls numerous times at the line after reading the defense. I agree wholeheartedly with Urban. He will be playing on Sundays. If Geno is gone, I wouldn't complain for a second if he was the pick based on my observations from that game.

#12 Astrobot

Astrobot

    TSW's Draft Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Dysert=Second day guy.
Sails passes, locks on to his target far too early, faced mediocre defenses to build meaningless stats.
I need bran.


#13 K-9

K-9

    Long Timer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostAstrobot, on 03 October 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

Dysert=Second day guy.
Sails passes, locks on to his target far too early, faced mediocre defenses to build meaningless stats.
I need bran.


Ah, the learned voice of reason. Rare in these parts.

GO BILLS!!!

#14 Johnny Hammersticks

Johnny Hammersticks

    You want a beer? How about some ether?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostVanCity, on 03 October 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

I've been watching a lot of college ball this year and have seen almost every one of those QB's play at least once. Geno is, quite obviously, the top choice for QB's at this point. Barkley has taken a nosedive and did himself a disservice by not declaring last year. The Tylers are decent prospects, but I'm not enamored with either, and EJ is good in spurts. Aaron Murray is okay, but I don't see him turning out as more than a back-up. I was only able to see Dysert vs OSU and was more impressed with him than most everybody aside from Geno. His arm is extremely strong, he places the ball beautifully and he was effective in switching calls numerous times at the line after reading the defense. I agree wholeheartedly with Urban. He will be playing on Sundays. If Geno is gone, I wouldn't complain for a second if he was the pick based on my observations from that game.

I agree that Geno Smith is far and away the best QB prospect, but I also really like Tyler Wilson.  He reminds me a lot of Drew Bledsoe (I suppose that comparison can be good or bad depending on your perspective).  He's got a cannon for an arm, is pretty accurate, and is a good pocket passer.  He's not going to get you a lot of yards with his legs, but with a good offensive line, he could be a really special talent.  His "draft stock" will fall because Arkansas just sucks.  Their defense is attrocious, their o-line is porous, and hus receivers have stone hands.  I think he would be an absolute steal in the mid-latter part of the 1st round.

#15 3rdand12

3rdand12

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,070 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

regardless of our early opinions of whom.
This is the year we get the one we want, No choice really is there? no there is not by this 5th week of Football.
If we mortgage the farm or we see the Man in the 2,3rd round, this is the year.
start the pool gentlemen and watch your horses closely. and let us pray we get the right one. We have a potential great O line all ready to protect for the franchise qb. and we can get wide receivers as we draft etc.
We are not that far away.....