Jump to content


I endured the pain of watching again.....good news/bad news


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 over 20 years of fanhood

over 20 years of fanhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

Bad news:
-pears sux.  On one neg yardage play, He doubled the tackle and gave their end a free run at Freddy in backfield, got smoked on nearly every pass rush, including two late picks and fitz's fumble
- Reinhardt is no slouch of a matador either
- Hairston is a good RT, LT, not quite as much
- Darius was invisible- single blocked on most runs with no push
- Mario and Anderson ran upfield 15 yards on pass rushes, didnt even come close to getting the corner.  If that's their best stuff were screwed.  Useless
-113 million later, KW is still the best d lineman on th team
- Barnett and Scott can not sniff a run get to a hole or shed a blocker.  That make hybrid LB part time dime mike stuff even more rediculous.
- Wilson was getting man handled in run blocking by DEON BRANCH!!
- while pats were trading wr's for full backs and te's bills kept the skinny tampa dime or whatever the f you call it.  Rodgers was taking on pulling guards....
- fitz needs more  6-7guys like chandler to help his accuracy
- the new ref CBA has the same Brady rule still
- the only guy at the Ralph that could cover welker was the camera man.  Nice time play zone and hit him....hard.

Good news:
-Gilmore had the best DB performance I can remember since Odoms or Clements.  Brady couldn't beat him- he is a keeper.  
-When moats and shep were in toward the end the pats couldnt run at all.  
- Glenn and hairsten are solid tackles because with Glenn out/ hairston shuffled to lt, ugh....  Bad
-KW
-punter seemed ok
- niners don't have Tom Brady.
-Graham gets open, he is going to be a very good WR
-dickinson has interesting potential, speed and hands.  
-2-2 is a lot better than 0-4

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood, 03 October 2012 - 11:40 PM.


#2 bbb

bbb

    UDFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,994 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

Gilmore is no Antoine Winfield when it comes to tackling, though.  Man did he get run over.

#3 NewEra

NewEra

    I don't "know", I "think"

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

It boggles my mind at how many people still call him Darius.  Spot on analysis.

#4 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

    BERSERKER

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,619 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

View Postover 20 years of fanhood, on 03 October 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

Good news:
-Gilmore had the best DB performance I can remember since Odoms or Clements.  Brady couldn't beat him- he is a keeper.  

-When moats and shep were in toward the end the pats couldnt run at all.  

- Glenn and hairsten are solid tackles because with Glenn out/ hairston shuffled to lt, ugh....  Bad
-KW
-punter seemed ok

- niners don't have Tom Brady, But they Have Harbaugh

-Graham gets open, he is going to be a very good WR
-dickinson has interesting potential, speed and hands.  
-2-2 is a lot better than 0-4


#5 over 20 years of fanhood

over 20 years of fanhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

View Postbbb, on 03 October 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

Gilmore is no Antoine Winfield when it comes to tackling, though.  Man did he get run over.

Yes....  That's why I didn't name Winfield.  I used to love how no one ran outside on him and when they did he was up hitting like a linebacker,

#6 PatsFanNH

PatsFanNH

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

View Postover 20 years of fanhood, on 03 October 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

-When moats and shep were in toward the end the pats couldnt run at all.  

Huh? but the Pats still scored at will??? (unless you consider it "stopping" the run when they were running Boldin 3 times straight up the middle and he STILL got 9 yards out of it.)

#7 Charles Romes

Charles Romes

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

I can't believe you put yourself through that again.  

Sad to see Mario lowering the standard of dl play rather than raising it.   Pats were thought to have ol problems this year.   What hurts the most about this game is that they may be establishing the foundation for continued dominance in the post Brady era.

#8 FeartheLosing

FeartheLosing

    I have the check right here!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

Ya know what it looked like to me. Bill Belichick went into the Patriots locker room at half time and planted his foot half way up everyones backside.

Stating things like we are 18-1 against these losers, all they do is show up for a paycheck and don't care if they win the division or even have a winning record once the season ends.

We were just in the SB against the NY Giants, and in order to get back to the SB we need to crucify these Buffalo Bums.I want to see some fire out there on the field or some of you will be looking for work next week.



The NFL game is all about emotion, pure emotion will win every time. Bill Belichick motivated his team to go out and kick some serious arse, and they did just that. Just as the Bills defense was flopping all over the place, the Bills offense also took a nosedive. they couldn't run with authority and kept giving the ball back to Brady. The Patriots usually scored on a TD drive in less then 3 min again, again, again,again, again, again. Or perhaps DW was surfing for midget porn up in his box, either that or fell asleep. OTOH maybe the Patriots owner made DW an offer for some $$ he couldn't refuse.

Personally, I think it was Belichick rallying his players to overachieve, something that eludes this Bills coaching staff. Mentally tough....naa. How about properly motivated, something Marv Levy knew how to do. That 2nd half reminded me of the Tampa Bay Bruce Smith game in which Bruce stated ""Nobody make a tackle or they answer to me"":

#9 K-9

K-9

    Long Timer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

View PostFear the Beard, on 04 October 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

Ya know what it looked like to me. Bill Belichick went into the Patriots locker room at half time and planted his foot half way up everyones backside.

Stating things like we are 18-1 against these losers, all they do is show up for a paycheck and don't care if they win the division or even have a winning record once the season ends.

We were just in the SB against the NY Giants, and in order to get back to the SB we need to crucify these Buffalo Bums.I want to see some fire out there on the field or some of you will be looking for work next week.



The NFL game is all about emotion, pure emotion will win every time. Bill Belichick motivated his team to go out and kick some serious arse, and they did just that. Just as the Bills defense was flopping all over the place, the Bills offense also took a nosedive. they couldn't run with authority and kept giving the ball back to Brady. The Patriots usually scored on a TD drive in less then 3 min again, again, again,again, again, again. Or perhaps DW was surfing for midget porn up in his box, either that or fell asleep. OTOH maybe the Patriots owner made DW an offer for some $$ he couldn't refuse.

Personally, I think it was Belichick rallying his players to overachieve, something that eludes this Bills coaching staff. Mentally tough....naa. How about properly motivated, something Marv Levy knew how to do. That 2nd half reminded me of the Tampa Bay Bruce Smith game in which Bruce stated ""Nobody make a tackle or they answer to me"":

And immediately after he went all Lombardi on them, the Pats sucked it up and promptly went three and out to set the tone for the second half.

And then we scored like their defense wasn't on the field.

And THEN they decided to heed Belichick's genius halftime exhortations.

GO BILLS!!!

#10 bbb

bbb

    UDFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,994 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

It took a little while for it to sink in.

#11 dwight in philly

dwight in philly

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostNewEra, on 03 October 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

It boggles my mind at how many people still call him Darius.  Spot on analysis.
yea, speling erorrs are crucial on a bills football mesage board!

Edited by dwight in philly, 04 October 2012 - 11:49 AM.


#12 John from Hemet

John from Hemet

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,774 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

I just think the whole thing would have been different if we wouldnt have turned the ball over and had healthy running backs.......

People like to analyze every single thing that went wrong when something like this happens...the truth is if just a COUPLE of things would have went right then we are in a competative game in the 4th quarter.......

I dont have a problem with the defense we ran IF we were in total control of time of possession......because they wouldnt have been running on us like that.

If you give that ball to the FB on the goaline instead of Spiller and his bad shoulder.....we are up by 3 touchdowns going into the half....then when we force that 3 and out and score at the start of the second half we are up by FOUR touchdowns.......when you have a lead like that you just get down into the muck and grind out first downs......keeping their offense off the field.  

We coudlnt do that because our backs were still hurt AND coughing up the footballl

Pretty simple really

#13 PatsFanNH

PatsFanNH

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostJohn from Hemet, on 04 October 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

If you give that ball to the FB on the goaline instead of Spiller and his bad shoulder.....we are up by 3 touchdowns going into the half....then when we force that 3 and out and score at the start of the second half we are up by FOUR touchdowns.......when you have a lead like that you just get down into the muck and grind out first downs......keeping their offense off the field.  


ONE Correction up by TWO TD's going into the half (been 21-7) and 3 TD after your 1st posssession (28-7)

#14 FeartheLosing

FeartheLosing

    I have the check right here!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostK-9, on 04 October 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

And immediately after he went all Lombardi on them, the Pats sucked it up and promptly went three and out to set the tone for the second half.

And then we scored like their defense wasn't on the field.

And THEN they decided to heed Belichick's genius halftime exhortations.

GO BILLS!!!
One punt, then 6 TD's and a FG. Something happened, and it wasn't just one guy or one area either. It was their entire team overachieving for most of that 2nd half. Fine, you don't care to believe Belichick had involvement in what happened in that 2nd half, while I do.

The Bills do possess one of the best D lines in the NFL, and its clear to me that nobody on that line has been motivated to make plays against the Jets or the Patriots for whatever reason.



BTW, 2-2 and those 2 wins came against the 0-4 Browns and 1-3 Chiefs. 48 points given up against the Jets, 52 against the Patriots. Also, George Edwards didn't have Kyle Williams-Super Mario- Mark Anderson- Stephon Gilmore, and yet did so much better against the Patriots.

#15 K-9

K-9

    Long Timer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

View PostFear the Beard, on 04 October 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

One punt, then 6 TD's and a FG. Something happened, and it wasn't just one guy or one area either. It was their entire team overachieving for most of that 2nd half. Fine, you don't care to believe Belichick had involvement in what happened in that 2nd half, while I do.

The Bills do possess one of the best D lines in the NFL, and its clear to me that nobody on that line has been motivated to make plays against the Jets or the Patriots for whatever reason.



BTW, 2-2 and those 2 wins came against the 0-4 Browns and 1-3 Chiefs. 48 points given up against the Jets, 52 against the Patriots. Also, George Edwards didn't have Kyle Williams-Super Mario- Mark Anderson- Stephon Gilmore, and yet did so much better against the Patriots.

I'm not saying Bellyache didn't have anything to do with it. Just that it wasn't apparent coming out for the second half. He can outcoach Wanny from a phone booth.

The Patriots ripped our hearts out the old fashioned way; by running it down our throats. After two drives of that, we quit. And the Pats kept right on rolling. I give Bellyache all the credit in the world for sticking to what was working. But it was working in the first half, too. I wouldn't be surprised if he just told them to keep doing what they were doing in the first half and sooner or later we would fold from the constant punishment.

GO BILLS!!!

#16 John from Hemet

John from Hemet

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,774 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostPatsFanNH, on 04 October 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

ONE Correction up by TWO TD's going into the half (been 21-7) and 3 TD after your 1st posssession (28-7)

Fair enough

The bottom line is if you have a 3 touchdown lead and are effectively running the ball (which we had been doing all season up until that point) you should be able to control TOP and protect a 3 TD lead or at least give up that lead much more sparingly

The fact is....Spiller was greatly favoring the shoulder and it showed......and Freddie Jackson was a step slow and being forced to run laterally way too much.....they were not healthy and we should have just went with Choice and White.

The injured running backs were game and tried to make a go of it.....and they both promptly fumbled the ball at critical times in the game.

#17 Rubes

Rubes

    The Doctor of Football...is IN

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

I'm not convinced, John. We had trouble running the ball all day, and we had trouble with pass protection as well. I think the offensive line was performing below par all day, as well as the defensive line. In my opinion, it was a matter of time before a team like the Pats* got their act together, reduced the errors, and figured out how to take advantage of us on both sides of the ball.

#18 John from Hemet

John from Hemet

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,774 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

Rubes,

You could tell that there was something up with our running backs....you really could.  Every time Spiller had actually contact he got up favoring that shoulder a bit......Jackson normally is very fluid on delayed handoffs and he just looked like he was moving in quicksand.

I know that we lost both Urbik and Glenn in this game......but I still feel that Hairston and Rhineard are no slouches.....the time and speed were just off with these 2 RB's all day.

#19 Peter

Peter

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostJohn from Hemet, on 04 October 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

Rubes,

You could tell that there was something up with our running backs....you really could.  Every time Spiller had actually contact he got up favoring that shoulder a bit......Jackson normally is very fluid on delayed handoffs and he just looked like he was moving in quicksand.

I know that we lost both Urbik and Glenn in this game......but I still feel that Hairston and Rhineard are no slouches.....the time and speed were just off with these 2 RB's all day.

I agree about Spiller.  The fact that he is not at where he was health wise really hurt us.  He is an explosive, game changing player when he is healthy.  He showed a lot of heart playing, but certainly was not able to play up to the standard that he has set for himself before he got hurt.

#20 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

    Ladies' Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,916 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

View PostJohn from Hemet, on 04 October 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Fair enough

The bottom line is if you have a 3 touchdown lead and are effectively running the ball (which we had been doing all season up until that point) you should be able to control TOP and protect a 3 TD lead or at least give up that lead much more sparingly

The fact is....Spiller was greatly favoring the shoulder and it showed......and Freddie Jackson was a step slow and being forced to run laterally way too much.....they were not healthy and we should have just went with Choice and White.

The injured running backs were game and tried to make a go of it.....and they both promptly fumbled the ball at critical times in the game.

Very reasonable, non-doom and gloom post.   It would have been great to play this game with either one of those guys fully healthy.  Spiller was arguably the most explosive player in the league before he got hurt.  FJax is a grinder who could have worked the clock.  No guarantee we win because the defense completely folded, but it may have been a much different game.

View Postover 20 years of fanhood, on 03 October 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

Bad news:
-pears sux.  On one neg yardage play, He doubled the tackle and gave their end a free run at Freddy in backfield, got smoked on nearly every pass rush, including two late picks and fitz's fumble
- Reinhardt is no slouch of a matador either
- Hairston is a good RT, LT, not quite as much
- Darius was invisible- single blocked on most runs with no push
- Mario and Anderson ran upfield 15 yards on pass rushes, didnt even come close to getting the corner.  If that's their best stuff were screwed.  Useless
-113 million later, KW is still the best d lineman on th team
- Barnett and Scott can not sniff a run get to a hole or shed a blocker.  That make hybrid LB part time dime mike stuff even more rediculous.
- Wilson was getting man handled in run blocking by DEON BRANCH!!
- while pats were trading wr's for full backs and te's bills kept the skinny tampa dime or whatever the f you call it.  Rodgers was taking on pulling guards....
- fitz needs more  6-7guys like chandler to help his accuracy
- the new ref CBA has the same Brady rule still
- the only guy at the Ralph that could cover welker was the camera man.  Nice time play zone and hit him....hard.

Good news:
-Gilmore had the best DB performance I can remember since Odoms or Clements.  Brady couldn't beat him- he is a keeper.  
-When moats and shep were in toward the end the pats couldnt run at all.  
- Glenn and hairsten are solid tackles because with Glenn out/ hairston shuffled to lt, ugh....  Bad
-KW
-punter seemed ok
- niners don't have Tom Brady.
-Graham gets open, he is going to be a very good WR
-dickinson has interesting potential, speed and hands.  
-2-2 is a lot better than 0-4

Good stuff.  I'd like to see Gilmore on Davis this week and take our chances with their other receivers.  Bring a safety up and play cover 3.  Bottomline is we can't let Davis or their running game beat us.  If Alex Smith, who has 1 300 yard game in 2 years does, you just tip your hat.