Jump to content


First year on the D-job for Dave (the stash) Wannstedt might be his la


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mitchmurraydowntown

mitchmurraydowntown

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

It's tough to get handed a new crew & train them to all be on the same page in the first year is going to be tough. DW was given the keys to a Ferrari without the training to drive it, he's actually blown deals like this before as well. You don't spend the most ever for a defensive superstar when you have nothing else really set in stone, it's a go for broke scenario that's pretty risky.

I'm not trying to be totally negative but if the defense fails & the team crashes, heads are going to roll. The expectations are really too high for a new D-coach & a major change in your defensive system, Dave W. is in way over his head.

#2 Beastly Dareus

Beastly Dareus

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

It's tough to win in the NFL :o

#3 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,680 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Posted ImageHere is a big cookie for you!  Thank you for being so special and adding this great insight to the world.  You're one special little boy.

Edited by jboyst62, 04 October 2012 - 05:47 PM.


#4 HOUSE

HOUSE

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Why is it everybody gets a cookie but me ?

This is ridiculous :thumbdown:

Edited by HOUSE, 04 October 2012 - 05:53 PM.


#5 GG

GG

    Exit 151

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,132 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

This criticism would be valid for a totally new DC not a coach with decades experience running teams and defenses.

#6 Johnny Hammersticks

Johnny Hammersticks

    You want a beer? How about some ether?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

View Postmitchmurraydowntown, on 04 October 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

It's tough to get handed a new crew & train them to all be on the same page in the first year is going to be tough. DW was given the keys to a Ferrari without the training to drive it, he's actually blown deals like this before as well. You don't spend the most ever for a defensive superstar when you have nothing else really set in stone, it's a go for broke scenario that's pretty risky.

I'm not trying to be totally negative but if the defense fails & the team crashes, heads are going to roll. The expectations are really too high for a new D-coach & a major change in your defensive system, Dave W. is in way over his head.

Yeah, because DW has basically no experience as a defensive coordinator.  He's way over his head and should be fired.

#7 You herd it hear last

You herd it hear last

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

I really gotta give you credit for the accurate spelling of Wannstedt. It's hard to spell in the NFL. (hey that rhymes!)

#8 mitchmurraydowntown

mitchmurraydowntown

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostJohnny Hammersticks, on 04 October 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

Yeah, because DW has basically no experience as a defensive coordinator.  He's way over his head and should be fired.

You guys do realize that we're on pace to allow 525 points & have the 2nd worst showing by a defense? We're also on pace for giving up 300 points to our divisional opponents, that's brutul. I originally wrote this 8-15-2012. So yeah i deserve a cookie for the foresight.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown, 04 October 2012 - 06:04 PM.


#9 You herd it hear last

You herd it hear last

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

View Postmitchmurraydowntown, on 04 October 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

You guys do realize that we're on pace to allow 525 points & have the 2nd worst showing by a defense? We're also on pace for giving up 300 points to our divisional opponents, that's brutul. I originally wrote this 8-15-2012. So yeah i deserve a cookie for the foresight.

Damn, always second place!... doh!

#10 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,680 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

View Postmitchmurraydowntown, on 04 October 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

You guys do realize that we're on pace to allow 525 points & have the 2nd worst showing by a defense? We're also on pace for giving up 300 points to our divisional opponents, that's brutul. I originally wrote this 8-15-2012. So yeah i deserve a cookie for the foresight.
Posted Image
You got it.  Nothing more so deserving then a guy tootin' his own horn.

View Postmadtowntobuffalo, on 04 October 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Damn, always second place!... doh!
As long as we are not wide right this time, I say we go NASCAR, go left, second place! YEAH!

#11 mitchmurraydowntown

mitchmurraydowntown

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

View Postjboyst62, on 04 October 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

Posted Image
You got it.  Nothing more so deserving then a guy tootin' his own horn.


As long as we are not wide right this time, I say we go NASCAR, go left, second place! YEAH!

I'm tooting it because your egging me on with cookies, these have lots of sugar.

#12 K-9

K-9

    Long Timer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

View Postmitchmurraydowntown, on 04 October 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

It's tough to get handed a new crew & train them to all be on the same page in the first year is going to be tough. DW was given the keys to a Ferrari without the training to drive it, he's actually blown deals like this before as well. You don't spend the most ever for a defensive superstar when you have nothing else really set in stone, it's a go for broke scenario that's pretty risky.

I'm not trying to be totally negative but if the defense fails & the team crashes, heads are going to roll. The expectations are really too high for a new D-coach & a major change in your defensive system, Dave W. is in way over his head.

Keys to a Ferrari? He's got the Ferrari engine, that's about it (D Line) There is no chassis, no body, and no interior trim. One very average 3 down LB in Barnett but that's it. That alone limits his scheme flexibility. 1 decent safety in Byrd puts a cramp on things as well. And when your most experienced starting CB is a second year player, no matter how promising the rookie is, you are vulnerable. In short we have a GREAT front four and a CRAP back seven.

Ferrari engine. Not much else.

That said, he probably had his second worse game as a DC on Sunday. It made his Jest game plan a work of art.

GO BILLS!!!

#13 3rdand12

3rdand12

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,296 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

it appears that DW and team are not "gelled" yet.