Jump to content


Jaws rates Fitz #30 of 32 Starting NFL QBs


  • Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    Read The FN Manuel

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,555 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

http://www.trendingb...l-starting-qbs/

Not good enough.

#2 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,276 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 05 October 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

No ****

Fitz has been bad. I hope he improves. Lots of talent on this team

#3 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    Read The FN Manuel

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,555 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostCaptain Hindsight, on 05 October 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

No ****

Fitz has been bad. I hope he improves. Lots of talent on this team

He's not exactly a young QB, so I doubt he improves....We'll have to live with his deficiencies while he remains a Bill. Ultimately he's not the answer IMO.

#4 bobobonators

bobobonators

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 05 October 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:


Where does Vick rank?  he's got one less INT than Fitz and 6 less TD's.  he probably has Kolb ahead of Fitz as well.

View PostCaptain Hindsight, on 05 October 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

No ****

Fitz has been bad. I hope he improves. Lots of talent on this team

There's talent for sure at the RB position..and solid O-linemen...but talking about pure talent on the offense?  I'm not sure.  What did Chandler ever do before he came to the Bills?  How much 1st or even 2nd round talent do we have at TE or WR?

#5 prissythecat

prissythecat

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

I can't view that complete article.  But am curious what kind of objective criteria Jaws uses to rank QBs.   Fitz's QBR probably doesnt put him in the bottom 3 QBs.    Seems like the ranking is more of a gut feel type exercise?

#6 BillsVet

BillsVet

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,421 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

View Postbobobonators, on 05 October 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

Where does Vick rank?  he's got one less INT than Fitz and 6 less TD's.  he probably has Kolb ahead of Fitz as well.

There's talent for sure at the RB position..and solid O-linemen...but talking about pure talent on the offense?  I'm not sure.  What did Chandler ever do before he came to the Bills?  How much 1st or even 2nd round talent do we have at TE or WR?

Who cares about Vick?  This is a Fitz debate and his raw numbers aren't indicative of his performance. Can he throw the entire route tree? Nope, and Gailey doesn't ask him to. Does he turn it over? Yep, to the tune of 7 times in 4 games. Does he hit his receivers in stride? Not frequently enough and he tends to get his guys injured or they absorb big hits.

I have to say Chandler has proven me wrong in certain respects. I considered him a Buddy Nix bluelight special, but he's demonstrated decent hands and made some plays. He'll never run by anyone like a Jimmy Graham, but he's been reliable in the receiving game.

#7 DanInUticaTampa

DanInUticaTampa

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,948 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

Fitz definently needs to be replaced. With better receivers he would get a little better, but not enough.

Though our teams struggles are not all his fault. our defense is a puzzle of problems, which is probably a result of coaching

#8 CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

View Postbobobonators, on 05 October 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

he probably has Kolb ahead of Fitz as well.
Based on what I saw last night which is all that I have seen of Kolb, I'd put him ahead of Fitz as well.

Edited by CodeMonkey, 05 October 2012 - 09:42 AM.


#9 bobobonators

bobobonators

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostBillsVet, on 05 October 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Who cares about Vick?  This is a Fitz debate and his raw numbers aren't indicative of his performance. Can he throw the entire route tree? Nope, and Gailey doesn't ask him to. Does he turn it over? Yep, to the tune of 7 times in 4 games. Does he hit his receivers in stride? Not frequently enough and he tends to get his guys injured or they absorb big hits.

I have to say Chandler has proven me wrong in certain respects. I considered him a Buddy Nix bluelight special, but he's demonstrated decent hands and made some plays. He'll never run by anyone like a Jimmy Graham, but he's been reliable in the receiving game.

:mellow: this was a RANKING. it's impossible to have a RANKING without comparing him to OTHER QB'S and looking at RAW NUMBERS.

Edited by bobobonators, 05 October 2012 - 09:44 AM.


#10 section122

section122

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

But but but he leads the NFL in tds! :death:

Say what you will about Jaws on MNF but as an analyst (especially qbs) he is excellent.  He watches and breaks down a ton of film.  Not sure if the show is still on but Edge NFL Match up with him and Merril Hodge was a very good show with lots of tape breakdowns.
As for the actual number attached it is meaningless.  Where he has him ranked (bottom third) is what is important.  Sure he feasted on Chiefs and Browns (without Haden) Defenses but when faced against a real one he struggled.  Badly.  You can argue a few spots here and there but the point is he is not good enough.  To win in or even make the playoffs your qb needs to be at least adequate (read don't screw it up) against good d's.

#11 The Voice of Truth

The Voice of Truth

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

Ouch.  I don't know if he is as bad as 30 but I certainly wouldn;t put him more than a few spots higher.  What's even more concerning is Jaws studies every freaking play of every QB so maybe he is right.  We're screwed.  Get an elite prospect in BUffalo already!

#12 Wayne Cubed

Wayne Cubed

    TBD's Local Shell Fish

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

View Postsection122, on 05 October 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

But but but he leads the NFL in tds! :death:

Say what you will about Jaws on MNF but as an analyst (especially qbs) he is excellent.  He watches and breaks down a ton of film.  Not sure if the show is still on but Edge NFL Match up with him and Merril Hodge was a very good show with lots of tape breakdowns.
As for the actual number attached it is meaningless.  Where he has him ranked (bottom third) is what is important.  Sure he feasted on Chiefs and Browns (without Haden) Defenses but when faced against a real one he struggled.  Badly.  You can argue a few spots here and there but the point is he is not good enough.  To win in or even make the playoffs your qb needs to be at least adequate (read don't screw it up) against good d's.

Uhhhh he's has Tannehill ranked as the 2nd best QB in the AFC East. And this is what he says:

"It is incredible the way Tannehill not only has adapted to becoming an NFL quarterback, but simply just a quarterback overall. After all of his time playing wide receiver in college, I wondered if Tannehill could make the rapid transition. Through four games, it seems like he can and has."

Yet Tannehill is 1-3 as a starter..... Has 2 Tds to his 6 interceptions.... Has a completion 55.4%.... and has a passer rating of 66.4 which puts him as 2nd to last in the NFL.

But yea, he's definietly the 2nd best QB in the AFCE.

Edited by Wayne Cubed, 05 October 2012 - 10:07 AM.


#13 DC Tom

DC Tom

    Also sniping at retards from the balcony

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,515 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Has Jaws seen what Sanchez or Romo are doing recently?   I generally like Jaws' commentary, but every so often he comes up with something that makes me sit up and go "What the !@#$?"

#14 8and8Forever

8and8Forever

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

View Postsection122, on 05 October 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

But but but he leads the NFL in tds! :death:

Say what you will about Jaws on MNF but as an analyst (especially qbs) he is excellent.  He watches and breaks down a ton of film.  Not sure if the show is still on but Edge NFL Match up with him and Merril Hodge was a very good show with lots of tape breakdowns.
As for the actual number attached it is meaningless.  Where he has him ranked (bottom third) is what is important.  Sure he feasted on Chiefs and Browns (without Haden) Defenses but when faced against a real one he struggled.  Badly.  You can argue a few spots here and there but the point is he is not good enough.  To win in or even make the playoffs your qb needs to be at least adequate (read don't screw it up) against good d's.
Well, we haven't had a shot at a really good one in a while.   Don't draft low enough and can't afford to trade up in the draft because the draft is all the Bills have to build the team with.   When you are a pretty much a crap franchise in a market FAs don't want to be in ya gotta lose out one season to draft a franchise type QB without giving up tons of draft choices to do so.   Bills haven't done that, been just good enough to avoid the best draft choices at the top skill positions.    JP was the last time they tried trading up to get "the" guy and they even screwed that up.   Boy, what a bunch of losers I tied into.   Poor Bills.    They'll probably never be any good.  But I still follow them. I must be nuts.   With the area and franchise's terrible reputation plus the way the NFL works, I have a hard time seeing how these guys could ever be really a top team...

#15 section122

section122

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostWayne Cubed, on 05 October 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

Uhhhh he's has Tannehill ranked as the 2nd best QB in the AFC East. And this is what he says:

"It is incredible the way Tannehill not only has adapted to becoming an NFL quarterback, but simply just a quarterback overall," Jaworski writes. "After all of his time playing wide receiver in college, I wondered if Tannehill could make the rapid transition. Through four games, it seems like he can and has."

Yet Tannehill is 1-3 as a starter..... Has 2 Tds to his 6 interceptions.... Has a completion 55.4%.... and has a passer rating of 66.4 which puts him as 2nd to last in the NFL.

But yea, he's definietly the 2nd best QB in the AFCE.
Who would you put higher?!  As Mark Twain said "There are 3 kinds of lies; lies, damn lies, and statitstics.  What do your eyeballs tell you?  Mine tell me that Fitz is very limited and not improving.  I haven't seen much of Tanny but he has received glowing reviews from more than just Jaws.  Check out this link if you want stats to backup what Jaws is saying.  He had them competitive against the Jets (should have won the game twice but Carpenter missed fgs each time) and Cards with a team that many projected to have the worst record in football this year.  Damn you for making me defend a Fins player :censored: , but come on man how much of Tannehill have you seen?  And what have you seen from Fitz (besides some stats) that makes you think he's good?

#16 34-78-83

34-78-83

    Bills fan and football junkie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

Sounds like Jaws has worked for ESPN for too long. I mean Fitz is definitely mediocre (hit and miss), but 30 out of 32 is extreme and clearly shows that some other influences are at play (IMO).

#17 BmoreBills

BmoreBills

    Team Kelly, United

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

View Postprissythecat, on 05 October 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

I can't view that complete article.  But am curious what kind of objective criteria Jaws uses to rank QBs.   Fitz's QBR probably doesnt put him in the bottom 3 QBs. Seems like the ranking is more of a gut feel type exercise?

When you are ranked that low by a quarterback who loves quarterbacks, you should be sh***ing yourself. Fitz has got to know that if he doesn't turn it around, his career as a starter is over.

#18 kobe808lak

kobe808lak

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Fitz isn't good but that ranking is clearly terrible... wtf is Jaws doing.

#19 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    Read The FN Manuel

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,555 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostDC Tom, on 05 October 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

Has Jaws seen what Sanchez or Romo are doing recently?   I generally like Jaws' commentary, but every so often he comes up with something that makes me sit up and go "What the !@#$?"

Jaws ranking aside, Is Ryan Fitzpatrick good enough?  My eyes say no after seeing him last year and thus far this year.  Far too inconsistent with many shortcomings to boot.

#20 HOUSE

HOUSE

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Number 30 is not bad, some people see him as a #2 QB.

This would mean we have a top 3 backup. :nana: