18 replies to this topic

#1 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

No Mercy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

So many to choose from, but what were the most frustrating plays? For me, the most frustrating one was the Chandler fumble. I was beside myself. It was the absolute back-breaker in the game.  Hindsight is 20/20, but obviously would have rather they had run and punted. Go into half time down 10-3 with the ball to start the second half, rather than 17-3 with no momentum.

Close second was San Fran converting on 3rd and 10 from their own 1 on a run up the middle....

#2 Shamus05

Shamus05

UDFA

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

Opening kickoff

#3 marauderswr80

marauderswr80

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Alex Smith running all over drove me nuts!

But his naked boot leg!

Edited by marauderswr80, 07 October 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#4 Wagon Circler

Wagon Circler

Hi, I'm Cody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

running play on 3rd and 10 from their one yard line.
Basically a give up play... and they got it after having done the same thing the play before.

#5 VABills

VABills

Obama saving oil one pound of pressure at a time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,617 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

The coin toss. Can't we ever start with the damn ball?

#6 peteski

peteski

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

The holding call on Mckelvin's touchdown and the Chandler fumble. Fitz's terrible throw on the interception. Those are my top 3 frustating plays.

#7 bills44

bills44

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

The 3rd and 10 conversion from the SF 1.

In fairness to the D, it's hard to stop Montana/Craig/Rice/Taylor/Brent Jones/Steve Young.

#8 QB Bills

QB Bills

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

maybe not the most frustrating in terms of this game, but one that really was a microcosm of the bills of the last 12 years was the niners going for it on 4th and short late in the game with the game already decided (the aforementioned alex smith bootleg)

it just proves that other teams have no respect for the bills and consider them a laughing stock

another embarrassing day to be a bills fan

#9 TakeYouToTasker

TakeYouToTasker

The smartest man in the room.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostJR In Ann Arbor, on 07 October 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

So many to choose from, but what were the most frustrating plays? For me, the most frustrating one was the Chandler fumble. I was beside myself. It was the absolute back-breaker in the game.  Hindsight is 20/20, but obviously would have rather they had run and punted. Go into half time down 10-3 with the ball to start the second half, rather than 17-3 with no momentum.

Close second was San Fran converting on 3rd and 10 from their own 1 on a run up the middle....
The brutal fumbles to end the first half of the last two games, effectively breaking the back of the team.

Fitz throwing the very worst interception I've ever seen.

Any of the 4065487 third and longs Smith converted, leaving me to wonder how we ever managed to force a third and long.

#10 Kipers Hair

Kipers Hair

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

So many to choose from, but what were the most frustrating plays? For me, the most frustrating one was the Chandler fumble. I was beside myself. It was the absolute back-breaker in the game.  
Backbreaker....they game up 500+ yards and lost by 40....backbreaker?

#11 Nathan

Nathan

UDFA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

1. Chandler fumble. I haven't cursed like that when watching a game in a long time.
2. Fitz underthrow interception on the goal line. Liked that the announcer called him out on the bad throw, even circling the spot on the screen where the ball should have been thrown.
3. SF picking up 12 yards on 3rd and 10 from the 1 or 2 yard line. If that's not a microcosm of the last X years watching the Bills...

#12 over 20 years of fanhood

over 20 years of fanhood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

I was pretty annoyed when I saw that stupid 5 wide alignment on that play.  I was fearing a pick, similar end result.

Why not run, make them burn a timeout and pin them in their own end with 30 secs.  They probably would have run it out. And you are still in a game you weren't supposed to be.

Abysmal coaching.  Did chan think he would steal a hail mary td?? Against that d?  Would fitz gunsling his way into feild goal range? Ugh....

#13 Livinginthepast

Livinginthepast

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

1. 2 3rd and 2s and they pass. One bad throw and then one horrible one.
2. Fitz Int
3. Holding on the TD return

#14 djp14150

djp14150

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

I agree with those....and the flag that killed McKelvin's return TD.

There was also the drop by I believe it was Jones near the 2 if he caught it may have been a TD or at least a first and goal instead of a FG.

It easily could have been something like 14-10 Bills (if not more) early in the 3rd quarter instead of 24-3 49ers.

#15 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

BERSERKER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

most frustrating plays ... man I can't count that high.

#16 mastershake

mastershake

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

those wildcat plays are pretty frustrating

#17 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

View Postdjp14150, on 07 October 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

I agree with those....and the flag that killed McKelvin's return TD.

There was also the drop by I believe it was Jones near the 2 if he caught it may have been a TD or at least a first and goal instead of a FG.

It easily could have been something like 14-10 Bills (if not more) early in the 3rd quarter instead of 24-3 49ers.

That was a drop by Jones, but the ball was throw behind him, that should have been an easy pass to make but Fitz couldn't lead the receiver to the end zone.

Kyle Williams TD can't happen if you're a profesional team. Where was the safety help against the lone WR on the field?

3rd and 10 from the one and they convert by running up the gut, I think even they didn't believe they converted that one.

The non call on a big hold on the TD after Chandler's fumble. Big hold on Kyle Williams.

Another one while the game was still in contention.

3rd down, Spiller in the left slot against Bowman, gets open, Fitz overthrows.

#18 qdawg in philly

qdawg in philly

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

View PostQB Bills, on 07 October 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

maybe not the most frustrating in terms of this game, but one that really was a microcosm of the bills of the last 12 years was the niners going for it on 4th and short late in the game with the game already decided (the aforementioned alex smith bootleg)

it just proves that other teams have no respect for the bills and consider them a laughing stock

another embarrassing day to be a bills fan
I said the same thing. No !@#$ing respect. So I don't blame the niners. Keep killing them. Maybe they will get some respect for themselves.

#19 peterpan

peterpan

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

I'll go with Buffalo calling up Harbaugh and allegedly offering him the HC job without even interviewing him, him turning it down, we get stuck with Chan, and Harbaugh for the the 9ers one year later.

Yea, I'll go with that.