Mario For Skelton?

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

Poll: Mario For Skelton? (346 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you trade Mario for Skelton?

1. YES (48 votes [13.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.87%

2. NO (298 votes [86.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 86.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Would you be willing to trade Mario Williams for QB John Skelton ?

Edit: I braught this back because so many people actually liked it but for for many reasons I'm sure.

Those who just want to  bump this to mock me can go pound salt.

Those who want to use this for good natured ribbing feel free to have a good time.

those who actually want to discuss it have at it.

don't be surprised that if he actually gets a good line around him that he will be about as good as Flacco.

Maybe he will even come here, as we need to replace all QBs anyway :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian, 16 January 2013 - 12:02 AM.

#2 nucci

nucci

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Wow! Sorry...No

#3 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

"...I hope I'm wrong..."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,822 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

No.

#4 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

"The thought of comparing Arizona Cardinals third-year quarterback John Skelton to an NFL Hall of Famer probably raised your blood pressure just now.
And that’s fine.
But before you succumb to precipitant name-calling in the comments section while telling me not to quit my day job, take a look at some numbers.
This is a comparison of Skelton’s career numbers—that's 13 games—compared to one Hall of Fame quarterback (we'll call him "Quarterback 1" for chart purposes) over the same period of his career, the first 13 games
John Skelton Quarterback 1 Win-Loss as Starter (Win Percentage) 7-4 (.636) 5-6 (.455) Opponent Win-Loss (Win Percentage) 68-108 (.386) 90-86 (.511) Comp-Att (Percent) 211-401 (52.6) 143-290 (49.3) Passing Yards (Yards Per Attempt) 2,575 (6.4) 1,924 (6.6) Touchdown Passes 13 8 Interceptions 16 16 QB Rating 66.9 57.0 Carries-Yards-TD (Yards Per Carry) 38-177-0 (4.6) 35-175-1 (5.0) 4QC/GWD 5/6 1/1

Now let’s dig a bit deeper and find out why the numbers are so similar and what that might mean for Skelton’s career. And don’t worry, my good people, I’ll tell you whose bronze bust it is in due time (I must say, though, that my own father compared Skelton to this HOFer before the Fordham product played a single down in the NFL and was floored when I revealed to him who the enshrined quarterback was).
One thing that sticks out from the chart above is the win-loss record of our quarterbacks’ opponents. That doesn’t mean as much when the defensive ranks are added in, however:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1273861-comparing-arizona-cardinals-qb-john-skelton-to-a-bronze-bust-in-canton

#5 playman

playman

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

i WOULD trade mario for ryan or rodgers though ;)

#6 Marcelstephon

Marcelstephon

UDFA

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

at first i was irritated by somebody even mentioning such a horrible idea then the more i thought about it the more it kinda made sense.

If we dumped mario's contract we'd be able to get 2 stud players in return, plus having a decent back up for fitz will only make fitz play better or if he sucks we can give skelton the job...

so yes, i'd do it.

#7 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostMarcelstephon, on 13 October 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

at first i was irritated by somebody even mentioning such a horrible idea then the more i thought about it the more it kinda made sense.

If we dumped mario's contract we'd be able to get 2 stud players in return, plus having a decent back up for fitz will only make fitz play better or if he sucks we can give skelton the job...

so yes, i'd do it.

You mean Fitz would back up, Skelton was the starter over Kolb until the injury and Kolb is playing really good. Skelton in the words of Skip Bayless ...

[just replace Tebow with Skelton]

View Postplayman, on 13 October 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

i WOULD trade mario for ryan or rodgers though ;)

That would never happen even if Mario was killing it right now, but I'd take them too :D

#8 DDD

DDD

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

:huh:

#9 bobshaw81

bobshaw81

UDFA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

I would entertain the idea in a few more weeks before the trade deadline or let the season play out.. We would need some draft picks in return, a 2nd and/or 3rd maybe + Skelton....It will never happen though.

#10 K-9

K-9

Long Timer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,688 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Am I really reading a post suggesting this after 5 games into the Mario Williams experiment?

Really?

GO BILLS!!!

#11 MDFan

MDFan

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

I have read a great many ridiculous suggestions and comments in the past two weeks, but this one wins the prize.  Unbelievable.

#12 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

View Postbobshaw81, on 13 October 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

I would entertain the idea in a few more weeks before the trade deadline or let the season play out.. We would need some draft picks in return, a 2nd and/or 3rd maybe + Skelton....It will never happen though.

I would take some picks too. But I think people are really over valuing a DE for a QB. I know Mario is supposed to be great but he is not nor ever has been a dominant player, just a lot size that NFL people  hope will get sacks.

Skelton plays the most important position in the game and has shown big play ability and is a winner, which we desperately need right now.

View PostK-9, on 13 October 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Am I really reading a post suggesting this after 5 games into the Mario Williams experiment?

Really?

GO BILLS!!!

you mean last six years

#13 Buffaloed in Pa

Buffaloed in Pa

CLEAN PLAYER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,674 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

No I really think Mario has a injured wrist. Their is no reason for him to drop his play this badly.He can`t use his hand to push or free himself.His game is not speed ,but power.

#14 K-9

K-9

Long Timer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,688 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostBuffalo Barbarian, on 13 October 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

... you mean last six years

No, I mean five games into his career with us. When Skelton has as good a first six years in the league as Mario Williams, please let me know.

I can't believe you would try to further an original post like yours with follow-up logic like this.

I do like what I've seen of Tannehill, though.

GO BILLS!!!

View PostBuffaloed in Pa, on 13 October 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

No I really think Mario has a injured wrist. Their is no reason for him to drop his play this badly.He can`t use his hand to push or free himself.His game is not speed ,but power.

Charley Casserly pointed that out in NFLN the other day. Said it's obvious Mario Williams is having trouble using his left arm for any leverage. If it's that obvious, it's even easier for an OT to take advantage of that. Mario IS playing well against the run, though. And yes, I say that knowing we have the worst run D in the league.

GO BILLS!!!

#15 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostK-9, on 13 October 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

No, I mean five games into his career with us. When Skelton has as good a first six years in the league as Mario Williams, please let me know.

I can't believe you would try to further an original post like yours with follow-up logic like this.

I do like what I've seen of Tannehill, though.

GO BILLS!!!

Me too.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh on Mario but potential franchise QB trumps DE superstar every time.

#16 K-9

K-9

Long Timer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,688 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostBuffalo Barbarian, on 13 October 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Me too.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh on Mario but potential franchise QB trumps DE superstar every time.

Agree that QB trumps DE every time. But Skelton is NOT that guy from what I've seen.

GO BILLS!!!

#17 Ryan L Billz

Ryan L Billz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Skeletons not the guy.    He's another Trent edwards possibly a lil more upside.   I say let's stop settling for crappy qb's and deal 2#1s for geno.   I've watched too many 150 yard games from Skelton.      He's mmmmmmmkay at best

And if we are raining praise on tannenhill I'm in on him too.     Tannenhills gonna be good

View PostK-9, on 13 October 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Agree that QB trumps DE every time. But Skelton is NOT that guy from what I've seen.

GO BILLS!!!

No ones ever called Skelton a franchise qb.

#18 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,890 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

You just made me never want to read this board again. Seriously Thats just stupid

#19 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostCaptain Hindsight, on 13 October 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

You just made me never want to read this board again. Seriously Thats just stupid

Would you trade him for anybody?

View PostRyan L Billz, on 13 October 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

And if we are raining praise on tannenhill I'm in on him too. Tannenhills gonna be good

Every one grilled me on him last year but I knew he would be good just like I believe Skelton will too.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian, 13 October 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#20 K-9

K-9

Long Timer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,688 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostBuffalo Barbarian, on 13 October 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

Would you trade him for anybody?

Every one grilled me on him last year but I knew he would be good just like I believe Skelton will too.

That's true. I think you made the call on Tanny before anyone else around here.

Are you some kind of QB swami?

GO BILLS!!!