Jump to content


My First Bills Game. Need help!


  • Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 benbillsfan

benbillsfan

    UDFA

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Ok so I and my wife are making our first trek to the Ralph! im pumped up and everything is in line. Just a few things before we make our trek (picked jacksonville game for obvious reasons). Just a couple notes: Every stadium in the NFL has rowdy fans. Ive been to Indy, I have been to hundreds of bears games (grandfather season tickets holder since 72). I have been to Cleveland, and Tennessee. Every time I have had opposing fans in my face. I have seen Jimbos jersey in the walkway at Indy, where everyone wiped their feet on the jersey, Picked it up and stuffed it in my backback and kept it till this day unwashed framed in my football room. I live and Die Buffalo Bills football. I feel good so far even though things havent been the best for Wanny and the D.
    My main point is......

Every NFL city has its issues whether it be littering at tailgating, or excessive drinking it happens everywhere in every sporting event acroos the WORLD. Does it happen more in Buffalo, maybe. Why is everyone pinned on Buffalo being so horrible? Have any of you seen the other NFL stadiums? Im 32 and been Die  hard Bills fan in a city where people look at me weird for wearing bills colors to bears home games, I finally get to sit with 70,000 screaming fans at the Ralph!  But I will be damned sure I dont get obliterated with alcohol so I can actually remember this experience. My wife is worried!  Deaths after games, fights in stands, people puking on each other. I have been escorted to the FAGEN security a few times not for curseing, or pucking on the elderly fan next to me. But for saying Jesus Chri*t in the stands when a flag was thrown on Hester in last years Bears Jets game. The lady in front of me turns around and says, excuse me my lord and me dont need to hear your blasphemy. What! if you wanted God go to church on Sundays.
Ok last thing! Where should we eat at on sat night. What is a cool place to eat and chill with fellow Bills fans the night before? Any Chance to see a player somewhere better than another? What lot should we park in? Any pointers would be fine.

Im telling you the Pats will beat Indy this Sunday, We will beat Indy on the 25th, which Ill be at and I will be there to see Cj run all over the Jags. We have a chance fellas as weird as this season has gone. We just got a Huge divison win! D looks better! Im pumped, garbage, littering, curseing, alcohol, fights aside. Its a reg Sunday at a NFL venue. Ill just be in the old Rockplie Living my Dream!

Thoughts

Edited by benbillsfan, 18 November 2012 - 04:07 AM.


#2 PearlHowardman

PearlHowardman

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Anyone?

#3 The Cincinnati Kid

The Cincinnati Kid

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

I mean, its really dangerous.

#4 PearlHowardman

PearlHowardman

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

View PostThe Cincinnati Kid, on 18 November 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

I mean, its really dangerous.

I was thinking the same thing.  Ralph Wilson Stadium Parking Lot War Zone!

#5 Hammered a Lot

Hammered a Lot

    World Class Poster with Laser Focus

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

To see players stand at One Bills Drive around noon on the saturday before the game and watch the red hulk do a burn out. Parking, I have no clue. Food Big Tree Inn or Dannys or a little bit from the stadium the rockpile pub in Hamburg

#6 Philly McButterpants

Philly McButterpants

    The artist formerly known as Fatty McButterpants

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

Have fun!  The Ralph is a great place to see a game.

Go to Duff's or the Big Tree the night before. As for parking, you can't go wrong with Hammer's lot on Abbott. He's a regular poster here and you'll find quite a few TBDers there.



#7 mrags

mrags

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,746 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

People for for Christ's Sake!!!!

Haha.

I said I was going to make a nice thread about places to go and things to do after the last time someone wanted advise. Needless to say, I never got around to it. Depends in what you want to do, what you want to eat, what kind of budget your on.

Quick version of more famous places to eat in Buffalo for your trip.

Chefs- Downtown, get the Spaghetti Parm. Amazing. 10-15 per person.

Buffalo Chop House- Downtown, probably the best steak in Buffalo. Make reservations. Have t been there in a while. Anywhere from 50-100 per person.

Duffs- Orchard Park, Cheektowaga, Amherst. Amherst is the best. The original. Best wings in Buffalo. Cheap, 10-15 per person.

Anchor Bar- Downtown. Alright wings. You go there for the experience of being at the place they all started. Cheap.

Jim's Steak Out- Drunk food, all over the place. Cheap. Open til 5am. Get the chicken finger sub or the steak Hoagy. It just get the Stinger. It's both in one.

Mighty Taco- All over. Cheap. Open late but not as late as Jim's. El Niņo Burrito is a nice choice. Probably not a good idea BEFORE the game though if you know what I mean.

Teds Hot Dogs- All over. Cheap. Get a foot long with everything on it. You won't regret it. Cheap

Charlie the Butcher- Cheap, near the airport, Cheektowaga, Williamsville border. Beef on Weck is the play here.

There's many more. But this should give you some ideas and some things for people to chime in on. I'm off to work so ill say ill write up a post when I get out about all the spots, but I probably won't. Hope you enjoy your time here and don't believe all the whining people. It's really not that bad. But you being to many games in your life and coming here for the first time can be the judge. Would love to hear what you think when your done.

Enjoy.

#8 buffaloboyinATL

buffaloboyinATL

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

No worse than any other NFL stadium. Your experience is always a bit dependent on those who sit around you, but that is the case anywhere you go. I was at the Chiefs game this year and had a great time making noise with all of my fellow Bills fans. We had a couple of Chiefs fans near us and since they were respectful, we were too. Go have fun and make some noise. The advise on Big Tree and Hammers Lot are good. Personally, I always hang at Pearl Street Grill the night before and have fun there, but no player sightings.

#9 Hater

Hater

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Funny ESPN OSL did a story on the NFL Fan Experience Stadium Vs Home, the biggest problem is the Uneducated Alcoholic Fans who come to games just to get wasted in public & could careless about the team or outcome the NFL want to patrol the players well the need to do the same with fans because you go there to have a good time not to worry if you gonna get stabbed But Go Have Fun don't let those !@#$ ruin it for & your wife just be safe

#10 Got Wings

Got Wings

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Don't let the local headlines scare you.  Besides, you will be wearing the hometown colors.  You will be one of the family.  I agree with the tip you should park over by the field house.  I have the had the best tailgating over there.  You have access to the NFL experience and bathroom. Plus, you can get out of the stadium easier.  

It could have change but the Bills used to hotel at the Millennium Hotel Buffalo in the Walden Galleria the Saturday before the game.  About 6 pm, the players start coming in and they will sign autographs and get a photo op with your favorite player.

Food .. No worries.  It is everywhere.  I don't know where your hotel is but I am know there are plenty of choices. Day of the game, you can get your tailgating supplies at Wegman's right down the road from the stadium (by the Mickinley Mall) or Tops (even closer).

#11 Helpmenow

Helpmenow

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Duff's in op sucks! Go to the original one. The one op is just using their name. If you know duffs it is not a sports bar

#12 benbillsfan

benbillsfan

    UDFA

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

View Postmrags, on 18 November 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

People for for Christ's Sake!!!!

Haha.

I said I was going to make a nice thread about places to go and things to do after the last time someone wanted advise. Needless to say, I never got around to it. Depends in what you want to do, what you want to eat, what kind of budget your on.

Quick version of more famous places to eat in Buffalo for your trip.

Chefs- Downtown, get the Spaghetti Parm. Amazing. 10-15 per person.

Buffalo Chop House- Downtown, probably the best steak in Buffalo. Make reservations. Have t been there in a while. Anywhere from 50-100 per person.

Duffs- Orchard Park, Cheektowaga, Amherst. Amherst is the best. The original. Best wings in Buffalo. Cheap, 10-15 per person.

Anchor Bar- Downtown. Alright wings. You go there for the experience of being at the place they all started. Cheap.

Jim's Steak Out- Drunk food, all over the place. Cheap. Open til 5am. Get the chicken finger sub or the steak Hoagy. It just get the Stinger. It's both in one.

Mighty Taco- All over. Cheap. Open late but not as late as Jim's. El Niņo Burrito is a nice choice. Probably not a good idea BEFORE the game though if you know what I mean.

Teds Hot Dogs- All over. Cheap. Get a foot long with everything on it. You won't regret it. Cheap

Charlie the Butcher- Cheap, near the airport, Cheektowaga, Williamsville border. Beef on Weck is the play here.

There's many more. But this should give you some ideas and some things for people to chime in on. I'm off to work so ill say ill write up a post when I get out about all the spots, but I probably won't. Hope you enjoy your time here and don't believe all the whining people. It's really not that bad. But you being to many games in your life and coming here for the first time can be the judge. Would love to hear what you think when your done.

Enjoy.

Thanks man. I seen the anchor bar on Thursday night. They were doing the panning shots there before and after commercials. (Damn jets just scored) im staying at best western in downtown. Looks nice and got a good deal. Il be thinking of brady when I check in...lol. im not worried at all about the crowd. Im gonna be with 65 thous buddies. Some wasted so what. Not like its gonna be the first. I appreciate ur help and will let u know of outcome. How is section 138? That's where we are sitting! I can't wait man... getting there sat afternoon to see outside of stadium and soak it in.

View PostGot Wings, on 18 November 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

Don't let the local headlines scare you.  Besides, you will be wearing the hometown colors.  You will be one of the family.  I agree with the tip you should park over by the field house.  I have the had the best tailgating over there.  You have access to the NFL experience and bathroom. Plus, you can get out of the stadium easier.  

It could have change but the Bills used to hotel at the Millennium Hotel Buffalo in the Walden Galleria the Saturday before the game.  About 6 pm, the players start coming in and they will sign autographs and get a photo op with your favorite player.

Food .. No worries.  It is everywhere.  I don't know where your hotel is but I am know there are plenty of choices. Day of the game, you can get your tailgating supplies at Wegman's right down the road from the stadium (by the Mickinley Mall) or Tops (even closer).

Wow great info here. Hope they do stay at that hotel. I already am going to go to wegmans to get some goodies... maybe we can all meet up before the game and share some stories! By the way are cigarettes expensive in that area per pack. Just need to load up before trip. My wife is saying smokes are 8 bucks a pack. Is that true?

Edited by benbillsfan, 18 November 2012 - 02:23 PM.


#13 Dragonborn10

Dragonborn10

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Hope you got expensive sideline seats or you will be in for a real treat...

#14 benbillsfan

benbillsfan

    UDFA

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostDadonkadonk, on 18 November 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Hope you got expensive sideline seats or you will be in for a real treat...
sec 138 endzone lower bowl

#15 Best Player Available

Best Player Available

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostFatty McButterpants, on 18 November 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

Have fun!  The Ralph is a great place to see a game.

Go to Duff's or the Big Tree the night before. As for parking, you can't go wrong with Hammer's lot on Abbott. He's a regular poster here and you'll find quite a few TBDers there.
Yes, but at Hammers lot I've read that he allows ex-Bills to tailgate there. You may end up stuck next to the guy(s). So be prepared with a camera in case some tool calls ya a liar.

#16 Dragonborn10

Dragonborn10

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

View Postbenbillsfan, on 18 November 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

sec 138 endzone lower bowl
Kevlar

#17 Bills!Win!

Bills!Win!

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Well, lets see. If you want to wait in line to get in the game for 35 minutes with hundreds of loud, obnoxious drunk idiots pushing you around and cursing up a storm meanwhile missing the first 10 minutes of the game, and then getting in the game with people sitting in your seat, and people around you are already wasted and switching seats and not even paying any attention to the game, then Ralph Wilson stadium is the place for you.

Edited by Bills!Win!, 18 November 2012 - 04:06 PM.


#18 Al Cowlings

Al Cowlings

    Rookie

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

View Postmrags, on 18 November 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

People for for Christ's Sake!!!!

Haha.

I said I was going to make a nice thread about places to go and things to do after the last time someone wanted advise. Needless to say, I never got around to it. Depends in what you want to do, what you want to eat, what kind of budget your on.

Quick version of more famous places to eat in Buffalo for your trip.

Chefs- Downtown, get the Spaghetti Parm. Amazing. 10-15 per person.

Buffalo Chop House- Downtown, probably the best steak in Buffalo. Make reservations. Have t been there in a while. Anywhere from 50-100 per person.

Duffs- Orchard Park, Cheektowaga, Amherst. Amherst is the best. The original. Best wings in Buffalo. Cheap, 10-15 per person.

Anchor Bar- Downtown. Alright wings. You go there for the experience of being at the place they all started. Cheap.

Jim's Steak Out- Drunk food, all over the place. Cheap. Open til 5am. Get the chicken finger sub or the steak Hoagy. It just get the Stinger. It's both in one.

Mighty Taco- All over. Cheap. Open late but not as late as Jim's. El Niño Burrito is a nice choice. Probably not a good idea BEFORE the game though if you know what I mean.

Teds Hot Dogs- All over. Cheap. Get a foot long with everything on it. You won't regret it. Cheap

Charlie the Butcher- Cheap, near the airport, Cheektowaga, Williamsville border. Beef on Weck is the play here.

There's many more. But this should give you some ideas and some things for people to chime in on. I'm off to work so ill say ill write up a post when I get out about all the spots, but I probably won't. Hope you enjoy your time here and don't believe all the whining people. It's really not that bad. But you being to many games in your life and coming here for the first time can be the judge. Would love to hear what you think when your done.

Enjoy.

Coming from someone who obviously grew up in the burbs......

View Postbenbillsfan, on 17 November 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

Ok so I and my wife are making our first trek to the Ralph! im pumped up and everything is in line. Just a few things before we make our trek (picked jacksonville game for obvious reasons). Just a couple notes: Every stadium in the NFL has rowdy fans. Ive been to Indy, I have been to hundreds of bears games (grandfather season tickets holder since 72). I have been to Cleveland, and Tennessee. Every time I have had opposing fans in my face. I have seen Jimbos jersey in the walkway at Indy, where everyone wiped their feet on the jersey, Picked it up and stuffed it in my backback and kept it till this day unwashed framed in my football room. I live and Die Buffalo Bills football. I feel good so far even though things havent been the best for Wanny and the D.
    My main point is......

Every NFL city has its issues whether it be littering at tailgating, or excessive drinking it happens everywhere in every sporting event acroos the WORLD. Does it happen more in Buffalo, maybe. Why is everyone pinned on Buffalo being so horrible? Have any of you seen the other NFL stadiums? Im 32 and been Die  hard Bills fan in a city where people look at me weird for wearing bills colors to bears home games, I finally get to sit with 70,000 screaming fans at the Ralph!  But I will be damned sure I dont get obliterated with alcohol so I can actually remember this experience. My wife is worried!  Deaths after games, fights in stands, people puking on each other. I have been escorted to the FAGEN security a few times not for curseing, or pucking on the elderly fan next to me. But for saying Jesus Chri*t in the stands when a flag was thrown on Hester in last years Bears Jets game. The lady in front of me turns around and says, excuse me my lord and me dont need to hear your blasphemy. What! if you wanted God go to church on Sundays.
Ok last thing! Where should we eat at on sat night. What is a cool place to eat and chill with fellow Bills fans the night before? Any Chance to see a player somewhere better than another? What lot should we park in? Any pointers would be fine.

Im telling you the Pats will beat Indy this Sunday, We will beat Indy on the 25th, which Ill be at and I will be there to see Cj run all over the Jags. We have a chance fellas as weird as this season has gone. We just got a Huge divison win! D looks better! Im pumped, garbage, littering, curseing, alcohol, fights aside. Its a reg Sunday at a NFL venue. Ill just be in the old Rockplie Living my Dream!

Thoughts

Thoughts?  The Bills have no chance of making the playoffs.

#19 bbb

bbb

    UDFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,620 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostDadonkadonk, on 18 November 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Hope you got expensive sideline seats or you will be in for a real treat...

I never worry about fan behavior.  Like I said on another thread, it was so much worse in the 1980s.

But, to guarantee you have no issues at all, I would definitely get lower sideline seats like you said.  However, expensive???  They start at $38 a ticket on stubhub right now, and will come down even more probably:
http://www.stubhub.c...tadium-4077032/

#20 Section242

Section242

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

I think the atmosphere will depend on what happens next week in Indy.  Duffs in Cheektowaga is horrible.  Pearl St Bar & Grill isn't a bad spot to go the night before.