11 replies to this topic

#1 Ba Ba Ba Buffalo Bills

Ba Ba Ba Buffalo Bills

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Kid is a born winner. Set all sorts of records in WNY HS football. Freshman this year QB at UB. Came in a few weeks ago and has been lighting it up, 3-0 as a starter. Has size and all the intangibles to go along with a cannon arm. Jim Kelly said he was one of the best WNY football players he has seen in a decade. We let Gronk go? Will we let Licata go?

#2 FireChan

FireChan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,018 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostBa Ba Ba Buffalo Bills, on 17 November 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Kid is a born winner. Set all sorts of records in WNY HS football. Freshman this year QB at UB. Came in a few weeks ago and has been lighting it up, 3-0 as a starter. Has size and all the intangibles to go along with a cannon arm. Jim Kelly said he was one of the best WNY football players he has seen in a decade. We let Gronk go? Will we let Licata go?

I agree. Obviously a devoted Bills fan if he's from the area. Wouldn't be surprised to see him taking Fitz's job next year.

#3 Ba Ba Ba Buffalo Bills

Ba Ba Ba Buffalo Bills

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Next year may be a little soon. That is, unless he decides to follow Johnny Football. I would take that 1-2 punch in a hearbeat.

#4 fridge

fridge

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Won first three games you say? Kiss of death.

#5 DFITZ1

DFITZ1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostBa Ba Ba Buffalo Bills, on 17 November 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Next year may be a little soon. That is, unless he decides to follow Johnny Football. I would take that 1-2 punch in a hearbeat.

Maybe he can get the Bulls back to a bowl game before the Bills get back to a playoff game.

#6 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

"...I hope I'm wrong..."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,564 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostDFITZ1, on 17 November 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Maybe he can get the Bulls back to a bowl game before the Bills get back to a playoff game.
Best UB can do is 5-7 so no bowl this year. But the season finale is on ESPN3 Friday (time tba) if anyone wants to watch. They play Bowling Green in Columbus at Crew Stadium. See if Licata can win 4.

Is Chad Kelly doing anything at Clemson?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot, 17 November 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#7 JohnC

JohnC

UDFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,622 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 17 November 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

Best UB can do is 5-7 so no bowl this year. But the season finale is on ESPN3 Friday (time tba) if anyone wants to watch. They play Bowling Green in Columbus at Crew Stadium. See if Licata can win 4.

Is Chad Kelly doing anything at Clemson?

PTR

Thet intend on red-shirting him. Sometimes in the course of a season due to injuries that can change. In all probability he will stay in that status.

http://www.tigernet....date.do?id=6753

With respect to the UB program  they need some success (wins) to put it on the right track. They have struggled for such a long time. The bottom line is that they have to recruit better. Turner Gill widened the recruiting territory and had the program moving upward. Nothing breeds success more than success. I'm rooting for him.

If Canisius College can win two consecutive basketball games to start the season then there is hope for any program. A long time ago the Little Three of Canisius, Bonnie and Niagra had a very popular and spirited rivalry. I would like to see that happen again.

Edited by JohnC, 18 November 2012 - 09:52 AM.

#8 Triple Threat

Triple Threat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostFireChan, on 17 November 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him taking Fitz's job next year.

Clearly he's ready for the NFL.

#9 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

"...I hope I'm wrong..."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,564 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

View PostJohnC, on 18 November 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

Thet intend on red-shirting him. Sometimes in the course of a season due to injuries that can change. In all probability he will stay in that status.

http://www.tigernet....date.do?id=6753

With respect to the UB program  they need some success (wins) to put it on the right track. They have struggled for such a long time. The bottom line is that they have to recruit better. Turner Gill widened the recruiting territory and had the program moving upward. Nothing breeds success more than success. I'm rooting for him.

If Canisius College can win two consecutive basketball games to start the season then there is hope for any program. A long time ago the Little Three of Canisius, Bonnie and Niagra had a very popular and spirited rivalry. I would like to see that happen again.
I'm still not convinced head coach Jeff Quinn knows what he's doing. UB was on it's way to a 1-11 season when he was forced to play Licata, who has now won 3 straight. With at least 4 wins, maybe 5, Quinn's job is secure. Is he the guy to lead UB to a bowl or MAC title? We'll see.

As far as recruiting, Quinn had gotten more 2 or 3-star players than Gill did. But you still have to coach 'em.

PTR

#10 Offsides Number 76

Offsides Number 76

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

First an accusation that a few people are making up a story that Lee Evans was in town, and now this.

You've got a bright future ahead.

#11 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

"...I hope I'm wrong..."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,564 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostOffsides Number 76, on 18 November 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

First an accusation that a few people are making up a story that Lee Evans was in town, and now this.

You've got a bright future ahead.
Huh??

#12 Offsides Number 76

Offsides Number 76

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 18 November 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Huh??

The poster who started the thread.