Jump to content


Is Running The Table A Legit Possibility?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 H2o

H2o

    2014 - The Year of the Buffalo Bills

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

This is the remaining schedule:

Nov. 25 @  Colts
Dec. 2   vs. Jaguars
Dec. 9   vs. Rams
Dec. 16 vs. Seahawks
Dec. 23 @  Dolphins
Dec. 30 vs. Jets

I'm not saying we will and I'm not saying we won't, but the schedule has worked out favorably for us this year. We face two opponents with winning records at the moment in Indy and Seattle. They are both 6-4. On the other hand Jax may be the worst team in the league @ 1-9, the Rams are 3-6-1 though playing opponents tough at times, Miami is 4-6 just like us, and the Jets have collapsed recently to the tune of a 4-7 mark. If we get a "W" @ Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday this could be the spark that carries us through. If we lose we'll probably end up 7-9. The Seattle game is going to the hardest remaining on the schedule with their excellent defense and Beast Mode making his return to Buffalo.It could get a little "chippy" out there. We have 4 home games in the last 5 with the lone away game coming @ Miami against a team we basically shut down once already. The only way we make the playoffs is win out because even one loss would likely have us on the outside looking in. The game against the Pats* is looking like the one that hurt us the most. Here's to hope, but not too much. :thumbsup:

#2 Hater

Hater

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

I don't want another 7-9 Season it accomplishes nothing

#3 BillnutinHouston

BillnutinHouston

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,796 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

If they can win tomorrow, I'll buy in to the hope.

#4 Vinny4sum

Vinny4sum

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

I would be very happy waiting for kick off of the Seahawks game with a record of 7-6 and then see what happens from there.

#5 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,466 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostBillnutinHouston, on 24 November 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

If they can win tomorrow, I'll buy in to the hope.

Agreed. Each game is winnable on its own. Tomorrow seems the toughest, and most important. Knock that off the list and its very possible. I still think we lose one, just on based on odds, but I don't know which one to circle for fitz being a little extra erratic, or a bad bounce though

#6 Keukasmallies

Keukasmallies

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

You guys simply must stop posting while under the influence!

#7 H2o

H2o

    2014 - The Year of the Buffalo Bills

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostKeukasmallies, on 24 November 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

You guys simply must stop posting while under the influence!

Sorry, the Diet Mountain Dew gets me very time. :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o, 24 November 2012 - 09:28 AM.


#8 MattM

MattM

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

I'll let you know after tomorrow.  Tomorrow will tell me whether this team has it in them to fight for a playoff spot this year....

#9 The Senator

The Senator

    "We ensure that none of them have tortillas"

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,234 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

14 and 6 baby!!!!! :beer:

#10 Dr. Trooth

Dr. Trooth

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

Running the table?  WTF?  This team?  Playoffs?  Perhaps running the table in the reverse of what you're thinking.  However, I do believe this team has a legitimate shot at 6-10.  The down side is, with all the other s#it teams that are in a similar situation record wise, the Bills could wind up with a #13 pick, even though their suckage deserves a much higher pick.

#11 mousetrap08

mousetrap08

    Fresh Mouse Meat

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

I for one is not very optimistic but I guess anything is possible if I bought a lotto ticket I could win a million dollars to.

#12 Dean Cain

Dean Cain

    DAS AUTO

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

6-0 10%, 5-1 15%, 4-2 25%, 3-3 30%, 2-4 10%, 1-5 5%, 0-6 5%.

My heart says we finish 5-1, but my brain says 3-3.

#13 San-O

San-O

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

View Postshadowcat10, on 24 November 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

I for one is not very optimistic but I guess anything is possible if I bought a lotto ticket I could win a million dollars to.

I is not very optimistic either.

No.  Have you guys been watching Chan call a game?

#14 ny33

ny33

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostH2o, on 24 November 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

This is the remaining schedule:

Nov. 25 @  Colts
Dec. 2   vs. Jaguars
Dec. 9   vs. Rams
Dec. 16 vs. Seahawks
Dec. 23 @  Dolphins
Dec. 30 vs. Jets

I'm not saying we will and I'm not saying we won't, but the schedule has worked out favorably for us this year. We face two opponents with winning records at the moment in Indy and Seattle. They are both 6-4. On the other hand Jax may be the worst team in the league @ 1-9, the Rams are 3-6-1 though playing opponents tough at times, Miami is 4-6 just like us, and the Jets have collapsed recently to the tune of a 4-7 mark. If we get a "W" @ Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday this could be the spark that carries us through. If we lose we'll probably end up 7-9. The Seattle game is going to the hardest remaining on the schedule with their excellent defense and Beast Mode making his return to Buffalo.It could get a little "chippy" out there. We have 4 home games in the last 5 with the lone away game coming @ Miami against a team we basically shut down once already. The only way we make the playoffs is win out because even one loss would likely have us on the outside looking in. The game against the Pats* is looking like the one that hurt us the most. Here's to hope, but not too much. :thumbsup:

If we lose we'll probably end up 6-10. If we win, I see 7-9 wins on the year.

#15 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,466 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostBigCountryBills, on 24 November 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

6-0 10%, 5-1 15%, 4-2 25%, 3-3 30%, 2-4 10%, 1-5 5%, 0-6 5%.

My heart says we finish 5-1, but my brain says 3-3.

That's an 80% chance of .500+

I think if, IF, we win tomorrow than we are 4-1 and playing the jets in a game to secure a playoff birth. Not sure how that will go.

#16 Erik

Erik

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostNoSaint, on 24 November 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

That's an 80% chance of .500+

I think if, IF, we win tomorrow than we are 4-1 and playing the jets in a game to secure a playoff birth. Not sure how that will go.

Yeah, this is the kicker...we'll see about tomorrow's game but I'm confident against JAX and STL, I just don't think they are good enough to overcome our homefield advantage in December.  Seattle isn't a bad team but they are scrappy more than anything and beatable.  We beat Miami without Fred and Tannehill may have hit his rookie wall.  Then it all comes down to Sanchez and the Jets.  Truth be told we've played the Pats closer over the past 2-3 seasons than we have the Jets.  I'm terrified of that game if it means something regardless of how much of a mess the Jets appear to be.

#17 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,466 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostErik, on 24 November 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:



Yeah, this is the kicker...we'll see about tomorrow's game but I'm confident against JAX and STL, I just don't think they are good enough to overcome our homefield advantage in December.  Seattle isn't a bad team but they are scrappy more than anything and beatable.  We beat Miami without Fred and Tannehill may have hit his rookie wall.  Then it all comes down to Sanchez and the Jets.  Truth be told we've played the Pats closer over the past 2-3 seasons than we have the Jets.  I'm terrified of that game if it means something regardless of how much of a mess the Jets appear to be.

That's my gut.

Between Seattle, Miami, jax, and St. Louis we drop an "any given Sunday" type of game. Then the jets just plain worry me.

9-7 gets in, if we win tomorrow, and 9-7 will be doable. If we go 5-1 down the stretch than we deserve to be in. If we can't rattle off a solid chunk of wins against these 6 teams, with some games at home than we don't deserve to be in.

#18 Astrobot

Astrobot

    TSW's Draft Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

Jets will be coming off a more difficult schedule and may be out of it completely, in disarray, confused by QB controversy, who to fire, etc.

12/02 Cardinals (H) 1:00 PM 
12/09 Jaguars (A)1:00 PM
12/17 Titans (A) 8:30 PM
12/23  Chargers (H) 8:20 PM 
12/30 Jets (A) Bills 1:00 PM


#19 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,466 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostAstrobot, on 24 November 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

Jets will be coming off a more difficult schedule and may be out of it completely, in disarray, confused by QB controversy, who to fire, etc.

12/02 Cardinals (H) 1:00 PM 
12/09 Jaguars (A)1:00 PM
12/17 Titans (A) 8:30 PM
12/23  Chargers (H) 8:20 PM 
12/30 Jets (A) Bills 1:00 PM

That's not that difficult of a schedule, honestly.

#20 Max997

Max997

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

They are all winnable games but you know there is no chance of it happening

I don't see them beating Indy on the road especially after the Colts were embarrassed last week. The Seahawks game will be tough and you know Chan is going to blow at least one of these games himself. Sweeping the Phins will be tough no matter what and this team always struggles vs the Jets

6-10 maybe 7-9 at best which should get Chan fired but prob won't so I fully expect more of the same next season

Edited by Max997, 24 November 2012 - 12:27 PM.