Jump to content


Sucks to be WGR 550


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 bobinaz

bobinaz

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

I would love to hear Howard Simon call Gailey out during one of these Monday morning interviews, but we all know it won't happen since WGR is the Bills flag ship station.  In his interviews lately when the team has lossed, you can tell he is biting his tongue.  But it would probably cost him his job.  I'm sure Schoop and the Bulldog are salivating after each loss to bash the team since they already despise them and grudgingly have to cover the team.

The bad thing about this team is that everyone but Gailey and Nix can see what a crappy job he's doing as head coach, and the crap pile just keeps getting bigger.  I would just love to hear someone for once and all just tell Gailey publicly what a lousy job he's doing and point out the shortcomings of his play calling.

Hopefully Nix was being tactfully polite when he said on the air that Gailey's job is safe, but that he's already looking into a new head coach for 2013 along with a franchise QB.

So here's to another December of meaningless games.

#2 Offsides Number 76

Offsides Number 76

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

And in years past, the complaint was that GR never got the interviews because it wasn't the flagship.

And so it goes.

#3 DDD

DDD

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

No coach can win with Fitzpatrick at QB.  Part of me wants to praise Gailey because he's getting the most out of Fitzpatrick, but the other part of me wants to kick Gailey's ass for thinking he could win with this guy.  I do think Simon in a "pc" way does question Gailey's decisions while talking to him.  He does it this way because he has to.

#4 ....lybob

....lybob

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

No Hockey and a losing football team, I'd guess suck is the definition if you are a radio station that  lives on local sports

#5 BRH

BRH

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,589 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

It's times like these that I actually miss Chuck Dickerson.

#6 Dean Cain

Dean Cain

    DAS AUTO

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

9-7 gets us.....

#7 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

    Kyle Williams 95

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,055 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

Bulldog is a fan and does not hate the team, Dopp on the other hand just loves watching them lose, he should go to Toronto since he's a Maple Leafs fan.

#8 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

View PostBRH, on 25 November 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

It's times like these that I actually miss Chuck Dickerson.

He who shall not be named??

#9 TheMadCap

TheMadCap

    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

View PostBigCountryBills, on 26 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

9-7 gets us.....

One game short, and about 7 draft picks lower...

#10 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    TBD's franchise poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,968 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

The Bills losing is WGR's wet dream. When Buffalo teams are winning is when they have nothing to talk about.

As for being the Bills flagship preventing hosts from being critical, I certainly have not noticed that. What bums me is there no longer an alternative to WGR.

PTR

#11 JohnC

JohnC

    UDFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 26 November 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

The Bills losing is WGR's wet dream. When Buffalo teams are winning is when they have nothing to talk about.

As for being the Bills flagship preventing hosts from being critical, I certainly have not noticed that. What bums me is there no longer an alternative to WGR.

PTR

The Bills have been bad for a generation. You don't think covering this garbage product gets tiresome for them. What makes it even more challenging for the local commentators is that the franchise is a bore. There is nothing interesting or compelling about this team. You can make the claim that Spiller is a "special" talent but this dorky football organization under utilizes him.

WGR is now the flagship radio station for the team. They have Fitz, Nix, Brandon and Gailey on weekly on the station. What new questions can be asked and what answers can be given for the same old story of losing and ineptitude.

If hockey wasn't locked out of business the Bills would be an afterthought on their own flagship station. And that would be the merciful approach to take for the listerners.

I'm not a Mike Schoop fan. Needless to say he is annoying. His impatience and condenscension toward the callers inspire you to want punch him in his smug face. But one thing I will give him credit for is that he is intolerant of the Bills and its long history of ineptitude. His contemptuous attitude toward this joke franchise is well warranted.

#12 jcbillsfan

jcbillsfan

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Not one question about a qb change.  Not one question about why Jackson can't even dress



Sad

#13 theesir

theesir

    I Cho Cho Choose you!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

View Postjcbillsfan, on 26 November 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

Not one question about a qb change.  Not one question about why Jackson can't even dress



Sad

Because they ask this question EVERY week and Chan's answer is always that there is no chance he plays. They raked him over the coals on Spiller, punting instead of field goal, the play calling at the end of the half, punting with 3 minutes left and even made him listen to Stevie's comments about letting Fitz call his own play at the line when need be.
That was no sissy interview. If all you heard was no talk about Tarvaris Jackson, your ears don't work.

#14 Carey Bender

Carey Bender

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

View Postjcbillsfan, on 26 November 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

Not one question about a qb change.  Not one question about why Jackson can't even dress



Sad
They asked it last week.

#15 BuffOrange

BuffOrange

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

View Postbobinaz, on 25 November 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

I would love to hear Howard Simon call Gailey out during one of these Monday morning interviews, but we all know it won't happen since WGR is the Bills flag ship station.  In his interviews lately when the team has lossed, you can tell he is biting his tongue.  But it would probably cost him his job.  I'm sure Schoop and the Bulldog are salivating after each loss to bash the team since they already despise them and grudgingly have to cover the team.

The bad thing about this team is that everyone but Gailey and Nix can see what a crappy job he's doing as head coach, and the crap pile just keeps getting bigger.  I would just love to hear someone for once and all just tell Gailey publicly what a lousy job he's doing and point out the shortcomings of his play calling.

Wah wah.  "X isn't hard enough on them; Y is but only because they despise the team!"  What do you want someone on the radio who covers the Bills to say?

#16 PTS

PTS

    Give Me Your Rich ... So I Can Pay Our Poor!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

This WGR bashing is crazy. This Bills Franchise is a freaking joke. What do you expect from any media source covering 13+ years of terrible football. Of course the coverage will be negative.

As for people asking for changes at WGR, it won't happen. They have terrific ratings and make big bucks in ad sales.

#17 Livinginthepast

Livinginthepast

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Funny, I was just thinking about WGR recently and how it has now become what it used to mock, ie the "company line".  Do they even use that ad line any more? Anyway I dont think they have completely sold out but all these shows that they have like Chan's or Fitz's are just shill jobs for the Bills. Not to mention they are just dull. The Chan show is painful to listen to. He really comes across as clueless or maybe its the good ole boy accent. I dont know. I would much rather hear some critical No BS opinions by the people that cover the Bills rather than Chan making excuses or babbling nonsense.

#18 KOKBILLS

KOKBILLS

    Master of My Domain

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,139 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

View PostLivinginthepast, on 29 November 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Funny, I was just thinking about WGR recently and how it has now become what it used to mock, ie the "company line".  Do they even use that ad line any more? Anyway I dont think they have completely sold out but all these shows that they have like Chan's or Fitz's are just shill jobs for the Bills. Not to mention they are just dull. The Chan show is painful to listen to. He really comes across as clueless or maybe its the good ole boy accent. I dont know. I would much rather hear some critical No BS opinions by the people that cover the Bills rather than Chan making excuses or babbling nonsense.

Based on what I heard just now on the drive home WGR...I would say that no one in the Bills Organization would confuse the current WGR discussion with any "company line."  In fact I enjoyed the topic and the opinions...And I pretty much agreed with everything they said...I'm pretty sure Buddy Nix would not agree though...Pretty sure... B-)

#19 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    TBD's franchise poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,968 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

You're kidding right? WGR is as doom-n-gloom as ever. The John Murphy is a close to the "company line" as they get. Which is just how they like it. Misery sells.

PTR

#20 Livinginthepast

Livinginthepast

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

I dont think the Schopp and Bulldog show is painful to listen to as Chans is. I get what the OP was saying about Simon having to bite his tongue along with Jeremy.  I think that the Fitz and Chan shows are an example of the company line where the questions are soft rather than incisive.