First sort teams within division before playoff spots determined.
- Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
- Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
- Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
- Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
- Strength of victory.
- Strength of schedule.
- Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
- Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
- Best net points in common games.
- Best net points in all games.
- Best net touchdowns in all games.
- Coin toss
New England has clinched East
Denver has clinched the West
Houston's magic number is 2 for division title...any combination of Houston wins and Indy loses.
Baltimore can clinch the division with a win and loses by PIT and CIN .
For the Wild Card slots
PIT, CIN 7-5
BUF, MIA, NYJ 5-7
MIA beat CIN,, PIt beat NYJ, IND beat BUF and MIA, NYJ beat IND
For Buffalo to make the wild card they need to finish 4-0, have CIN and PIT go 2-2 then it will come down to conference record and common opponents. Buffalo against NFC would go 3-1, PIT currently 3-0, CIN currently 2-0. With common games Buffalo would edge CIN 3-2 vs 5-0. Buf and Pit tie at 3-2 which would put the tiebreakers into strength of victory which Pittsburgh will likely be ahead.
PIT: sd, at dal, cin. cle
CIN: dal, at phl, at pit, balt
in case you were wondering...the SF tie is viewed as a half win and a half loss so they effectivly their record is 8.5-3.5 instead of 8-3-1 this season so far.
Atlanta has clinched South...can clinch #1 with W and CHI, GB, Giants and SF ALL lose once.
Green Bay leads North
Giants lead East
San Fran leads West
For wild card
DAL, TB, MIn 6-6
SEA beat CHI, WAS beat DAL, NO., DAL& WAS beat TB, MIN DAL still plays WAs and NO.
If CHI beats MIN next week Chicago will finish ahead of Minnesota. Thus this makes Minnesota's chances very difficult.
Giants have one of the more difficult schedules left having to play( NO, at ATL, at BAL, PHL) so If WAS beats NYG tomorrow night I wouldnt be surprised if DAL-WAS week 17 is for the division.