Jump to content


braylon edwards: "sanchez is a beast"; should bills consider?


  • Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Joe_the_6_pack

Joe_the_6_pack

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

Braylon Edwards called jets decision makers "idiots" blaming them for Sanchez benching. He said Sanchez is a "beast" and will prove it given the proper opportunity.
http://www.nfl.com/n...nk&confirm=true

I've never been a Sanchez fan, but I have to admit the way they intended to use him this year subbing tebow in the red zone was "idiotic." Yes he's regressed from his first 2 seasons but why? If jets part ways with him should we give him a look? At a minimum he can be expected to deliver better performances against jets than we've been accustomed to lately. If that adds 2 division wins that alone is huge.  

Thoughts?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack, 04 December 2012 - 04:04 PM.


#2 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,217 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Are you high?

#3 Joe_the_6_pack

Joe_the_6_pack

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostCaptain Hindsight, on 04 December 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Are you high?
Had a QB in his 1st and 2nd year combined ever taken a team farther ?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack, 04 December 2012 - 04:09 PM.


#4 KD in CT

KD in CT

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,088 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Braylon Edwards' word is good enough for me, sign him up!


In all seriousness, Sanchez is not as bad as he's been made to look by the Jets this season, but I still consider him an average to below-average QB and the Bills already have one of those.   Sanchez is not a guy who lifts his teammates and that's what you need in a QB to win in this league.

View PostJoe_the_6_pack, on 04 December 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

Had a QB in his 1st and 2nd year combined ever taken a team farther ?

Didn't Big Ben win a SB?

#5 Maddog69

Maddog69

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

I'd have no problem bringing him in to be part of a QB competition.   If he beats out Fitz, so be it

#6 Joe_the_6_pack

Joe_the_6_pack

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostKD in CT, on 04 December 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

Braylon Edwards' word is good enough for me, sign him up!


In all seriousness, Sanchez is not as bad as he's been made to look by the Jets this season, but I still consider him an average to below-average QB and the Bills already have one of those.   Sanchez is not a guy who lifts his teammates and that's what you need in a QB to win in this league.



Didn't Big Ben win a SB?
Yes so ben did him one better. still that's some elite company to be hanging with.

#7 KD in CT

KD in CT

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,088 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostJoe_the_6_pack, on 04 December 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Yes so ben did him one better. still that's some elite company to be hanging with.
But he's not hanging in that company.  BB won the SB.  MS won a divisional playoff game.

#8 prissythecat

prissythecat

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

View PostJoe_the_6_pack, on 04 December 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

Had a QB in his 1st and 2nd year combined ever taken a team farther ?



Sanchez did not carry the team those years.  They had a very strong running game and a top defense that contributed to their winning seasons.   When those went away the last two seasons,  we have seen the real Sanchez emerge.   Even if he no longer can find a starting gig ,  Sanchez has  immortalized himself this year with his "ass-fumble"

#9 Joe_the_6_pack

Joe_the_6_pack

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

View Postprissythecat, on 04 December 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:





Sanchez did not carry the team those years.  They had a very strong running game and a top defense that contributed to their winning seasons.   When those went away the last two seasons,  we have seen the real Sanchez emerge.   Even if he no longer can find a starting gig ,  Sanchez has  immortalized himself this year with his "ass-fumble"
Well maybe not so fast. He utilized edwards and Holmes well and I thought it was a mistake for them not finding a way to keep edwards. And in his first season back from jail he made plaxico productive with 600 yard and 8 TDs. Holmes is a problem and acted up at the first sign of trouble last year, which didn't make Sanchez job any easier. And this year the tebow-sub lunacy, no running game and Holmes injury after he'd finally simmered down, I just don't see any QB excelling in that situation.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack, 04 December 2012 - 04:46 PM.


#10 Johnny Hammersticks

Johnny Hammersticks

    You want a beer? How about some ether?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostCaptain Hindsight, on 04 December 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Are you high?

A little bit from this morning....thanks for asking.  A big HELL NO on Sanchez....

#11 papazoid

papazoid

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

fitz & sanchez have the exact same problem.....they throw a horrible deep ball....deal killer !!

#12 Joe_the_6_pack

Joe_the_6_pack

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

View Postpapazoid, on 04 December 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

fitz & sanchez have the exact same problem.....they throw a horrible deep ball....deal killer !!
One thing they both seem to suffer from is vision. Both listed at 6'2" I'd think that would be enough. Unless you're a flat out burner like RG3, is the new standard for QBs 6'4" or greater like both mannings, Brady and luck?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack, 04 December 2012 - 04:58 PM.


#13 JPS

JPS

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Sanchez has been victimized by the perfect storm of no weapons, a poor offensive line and a bad OC.  He looked pretty good against the Bills on several occasions and knows what it's like to beat NE often.  This is definitely the lowest point of his career. He will be better as he just has all the tools.

That being said, he doesn't seem like a leader. It doesn't seem like he commands the huddle like the good ones do.  Bring him in for a look? Absolutely.  He's far more skilled than Fitz and has a higher ceiling.  Rely on him being the guy? No way.  He is damaged goods at this point and he can either go the way of Trent Edwards or the way of Jim Plunkett.

#14 Stealth

Stealth

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

View Postpapazoid, on 04 December 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

fitz & sanchez have the exact same problem.....they throw a horrible deep ball....deal killer !!

The NFL these days is not a vertical passing game.  Yes you should still be able to occasionally throw it deep. It's a low percentage throw that is not the basis of any good offense.  Most great offenses now are are those 7-10 yard throws and all run after the catch. The day of the Long ball is dead.


As far as Sanchez goes as a Jets fan told me yesterday. If Sanchez has great protection he can make plays. However when you take away the all world oline  and need the guy to do something he can't.   It would pretty much give us a similar less mobile version of what we have now. If we where gonna raid Jets offensive players. I wouldn't mind Dustin Keller to give us a good receiving te to pair with Chandler.

Edited by Stealth, 04 December 2012 - 05:05 PM.


#15 cantankerous

cantankerous

    Riot Maker

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Dumbest thread today.

#16 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,916 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

It's evident that Sanchez has to rely on a good, consistent running game to be succesful. He's at his best when the down and distance reasonable for him to use his best asset, the PA. He's very erratic in his throws and when things go south he doesn't have the ability to rise to the top.

His game is different than Fitzpatricks but we would be in the same predicament we are right now. We wouldn't be able to win football games because of the inconsistency at the QB position.

#17 Dat '315' Dude

Dat '315' Dude

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostCaptain Hindsight, on 04 December 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Are you high?
:thumbsup:

#18 Joe_the_6_pack

Joe_the_6_pack

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

View PostFixxxer, on 04 December 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

It's evident that Sanchez has to rely on a good, consistent running game to be succesful. He's at his best when the down and distance reasonable for him to use his best asset, the PA. He's very erratic in his throws and when things go south he doesn't have the ability to rise to the top.

His game is different than Fitzpatricks but we would be in the same predicament we are right now. We wouldn't be able to win football games because of the inconsistency at the QB position.
Its true that play action is his best asset. I always thought of him as a glorified Jake plummer. But isn't "Jake plummer only better" worth considering ?
As far as winning games Sanchez had no problem with that when he had a strong defense , running game and good WR corp. I believe we can offer all that going forward.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack, 04 December 2012 - 05:22 PM.


#19 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,916 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostJoe_the_6_pack, on 04 December 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Its true that play action is his best asset. I always thought of him as a glorified Jake plummer. But isn't "Jake plummet only better" worth considering ?

I don't see that comparison, Plummer had better mobility, could run and throw on the run. Now that I think about it, I don't know what QB of the past compares with Sanchez.

#20 Joe_the_6_pack

Joe_the_6_pack

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostFixxxer, on 04 December 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:



I don't see that comparison, Plummer had better mobility, could run and throw on the run. Now that I think about it, I don't know what QB of the past compares with Sanchez.
The play action, roll out right. Sanchez can do that too but I think can do more than just that , can't say the same for plummer. That's why shannie soured on him