Jump to content


Illegal Block in the back on the Pick 6 - ??????????????????


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Why So Serious?

Why So Serious?

    When your number is called you got to make a play!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

So not only did the Bills lose because of that phantom call. Yes the Bills had many other opportunities to win that game.
I lost in a money Fantasy Football league because of that call.

During the broadcast I don't believe they could find video of Moore's Illegal block in the back.

Does anyone have access to the All 22 Video?

Can someone take a screen grab of the penalty?

It is driving me crazy I'd like to see this penalty with my own eyes.

Thanks

#2 Nitro

Nitro

    "Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. " Patton

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

on replay the St Louis lineman was watching the play (he was within 20 feet) the head ref is to his right and behind him. The Bills D lineman looks like he barely touches him and he immediately (and smartly) throws himslef forward and to the right. The ref throws the flag.  The side judge facing the play form the sideline (and same distance) did not. Side judge obviously does not want to challenge the head ref on  it.  It sucks but happens way to often. It is like diving in hockey.  No place for it but you will get the call.

#3 Fezmid

Fezmid

    DirecTV Advocate again!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostNitro, on 10 December 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

on replay the St Louis lineman was watching the play (he was within 20 feet) the head ref is to his right and behind him. The Bills D lineman looks like he barely touches him and he immediately (and smartly) throws himslef forward and to the right. The ref throws the flag.  The side judge facing the play form the sideline (and same distance) did not. Side judge obviously does not want to challenge the head ref on  it.  It sucks but happens way to often. It is like diving in hockey.  No place for it but you will get the call.
Hockey has a "diving" penalty -- no risk for an NFL player diving. :(

#4 mountainwampus

mountainwampus

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

Whoever Kyle Moore touched, knew he had zero chance to catch Gilmore, so he simply took a dive. Those theatrics won them the game. But what's more troubling is that Chan immediately tried to set up for a field goal, instead of taking a few shots at the end-zone.

#5 BuffBill

BuffBill

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostWhy So Serious?, on 10 December 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

So not only did the Bills lose because of that phantom call. Yes the Bills had many other opportunities to win that game.
I lost in a money Fantasy Football league because of that call.

During the broadcast I don't believe they could find video of Moore's Illegal block in the back.

Does anyone have access to the All 22 Video?

Can someone take a screen grab of the penalty?

It is driving me crazy I'd like to see this penalty with my own eyes.

Thanks
They showed it on the broadcast, and as the announcers even said, there was some serious acting going on.  It was a bad call for sure, but did we lose because of it?  No.  People need to quit blaming the officials every time we lose, face it this team sucks.  If they would have had that TD, they would have found another way to lose anyway.

Edited by BuffBill, 10 December 2012 - 12:21 PM.


#6 Bilbo

Bilbo

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

If the Bills score 6 there, it would have been a different game. Moore makes a lot of stupid contact. If he wants to start in the NFL he will need to minimize these mistakes.

#7 Why So Serious?

Why So Serious?

    When your number is called you got to make a play!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostBuffBill, on 10 December 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

They showed it on the broadcast, and as the announcers even said, there was some serious acting going on.  It was a bad call for sure, but did we lose because of it?  No.  People need to quit blaming the officials every time we lose, face it this team sucks.  If they would have had that TD, they would have found another way to lose anyway.
Yeah but I would have won real US dollars in my pocket.
That is my point.

#8 Buffalos#1Fan

Buffalos#1Fan

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostWhy So Serious?, on 10 December 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

Does anyone have access to the All 22 Video?

Thanks

http://www.nfl.com/g...ights&tab=recap

0:30 in

Edited by Buffalos#1Fan, 10 December 2012 - 01:15 PM.


#9 Johnny Hammersticks

Johnny Hammersticks

    You want a beer? How about some ether?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostBuffalos#1Fan, on 10 December 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

http://www.nfl.com/g...ights&tab=recap

0:30 in, you see the block in the back

I still didn't see it...maybe if they called it a hold (still a very week call), but I didn't see anything that resembled a block in the back.

#10 DrDareustein

DrDareustein

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,658 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostBuffBill, on 10 December 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

They showed it on the broadcast, and as the announcers even said, there was some serious acting going on.  It was a bad call for sure, but did we lose because of it?  No. People need to quit blaming the officials every time we lose, face it this team sucks.  If they would have had that TD, they would have found another way to lose anyway.

It's not THE reason we lost, but it is A reason we lost. It wouldnt be as big of an issue if Wilson catches any of the INTs that hit him in the hands, but than again, those dropped INTs arent an issue if they didnt make this BS call. The players had plenty of opportunity to win it themselves, and that should always count first. But this took the game away from us as well.

#11 Buffalos#1Fan

Buffalos#1Fan

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

View PostJohnny Hammersticks, on 10 December 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

I still didn't see it...maybe if they called it a hold (still a very week call), but I didn't see anything that resembled a block in the back.

Oh i didnt mean that it was supposed to be a call. I meant thats the time when the call was in the video

#12 Alphadawg7

Alphadawg7

    WATKINS!!!!!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,974 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostWhy So Serious?, on 10 December 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

So not only did the Bills lose because of that phantom call. Yes the Bills had many other opportunities to win that game.
I lost in a money Fantasy Football league because of that call.

During the broadcast I don't believe they could find video of Moore's Illegal block in the back.

Does anyone have access to the All 22 Video?

Can someone take a screen grab of the penalty?

It is driving me crazy I'd like to see this penalty with my own eyes.

Thanks

It hurt me in fantasy too...however, while I think the penalty was ticky tack, I dont blame the refs for that.  Our guy DID touch him, even though it was not really hard, he still did it and under the NFL rules that is a penalty.  The rules says nothing about how hard he pushes him or grabs him..  And people need to remember, Refs do not have the luxury of multiple camera angles to call penalties.  They are running in live action and have only their field level vision from one angle, and in this case from behind the players.  What really drew the penalty was the player selling it and acting like he was shoved hard to the ground, and that is what drew the flag.  

I don't blame the refs for that, its just like flopping in the NBA.  You have to remember that the refs are not just staring at a single player, you would need a ref for every player on the field for that.  The refs are observing a certain area of the field, that means penalties are going to occur in the peripheral vision too and may not have the same look we get to see at home.  So, what he saw was contact and then a player flailing to the ground like being shoved hard.  It was a flop and the ref fell for it...that happens, and all players do it, including our own.  

I hate the call happened, but at the same time, it had a lot to do with the acting job of the downed player.  The problem is, there are no replays on penalties, so once the flag is thrown there is not a lot they can do to be sure about the context and you are most often stuck with their initial impression of what happened.  And lets not forget every single player who gets a flag thrown on them disagrees with it every time and argues it, so there was not much our guy could say to change his mind.

Edited by Alphadawg7, 10 December 2012 - 01:43 PM.


#13 jrb2590

jrb2590

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostJohnny Hammersticks, on 10 December 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

I still didn't see it...maybe if they called it a hold (still a very week call), but I didn't see anything that resembled a block in the back.

They did call a hold...at least thats what I heard at the game.  When I saw the guy dive and the flag thrown though I thought for sure it was a block in the back

#14 Carey Bender

Carey Bender

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostJohnny Hammersticks, on 10 December 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

I still didn't see it...maybe if they called it a hold (still a very week call), but I didn't see anything that resembled a block in the back.
It was called a hold, not a block in the back.

#15 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    10/8/14 - Welcome to Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,168 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

3-5-BUF44(1:27) (No Huddle, Shotgun) S.Bradford pass intended for L.Kendricks INTERCEPTED by S.Gilmore (B.Scott) at BUF 38. S.Gilmore for 62 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on BUF-K.Moore, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at SL 39.Source:http://www.cbssports...0121209_STL@BUFPhantom call!!!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz, 10 December 2012 - 01:47 PM.


#16 ny33

ny33

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Any decent NFL coach would be screaming for minutes in the face of the ref who threw that flag. Gailey, of course, didn't.

#17 Alphadawg7

Alphadawg7

    WATKINS!!!!!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,974 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

View Postny33, on 10 December 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

Any decent NFL coach would be screaming for minutes in the face of the ref who threw that flag. Gailey, of course, didn't.

WELL SAID!!!!  It would not have changed the call at all, would have done nothing actually to change the play...however, it isnt just this play.  I never see Chan get upset, its like he has no fire out there at all and the team plays in the same manner.  How many times did the team move slow to the line when time was an issue?  He gave away 4 seconds with how long it took to call a timeout.  He wussed out for a FG attempt AGAIN by our FG kicker who is a GOOD kicker.  This guy coaches with no guts, plays with no fire, and inspires no one.  

So even though the penalty would not have been changed, he needs to show the refs he isnt going to stand for ticky tack calls and get in their face.  Show the team some fire, especially after we just got a turnover and had a chance to really seize the game.  

I am tired of his gutless and emotionless performances on the sidelines and in the post game loser interviews.

Edited by Alphadawg7, 10 December 2012 - 03:18 PM.


#18 Buftex

Buftex

    JIM KELLY: the reason for the seasons!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,893 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Officiating gets worse by the week....check out this call againsts the Bengals yesterday...

http://nesn.com/2012...nconsistencies/

Goodell says, by the year 2015, he would like to eliminate defense from the game altogehter!

#19 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,442 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostBuftex, on 10 December 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

Officiating gets worse by the week....check out this call againsts the Bengals yesterday...

http://nesn.com/2012...nconsistencies/

Goodell says, by the year 2015, he would like to eliminate defense from the game altogehter!

that was a rough one. ultimately didnt hurt the game as they punted 3 plays later, but it was a missed call. similar to the flag on the return in our game, the official closest let it go while the one across the field threw the flag.

in the end, it was a TEXTBOOK hit though.

#20 cliffordhicks

cliffordhicks

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostAlphadawg7, on 10 December 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

WELL SAID!!!!  It would not have changed the call at all, would have done nothing actually to change the play...however, it isnt just this play.  I never see Chan get upset, its like he has no fire out there at all and the team plays in the same manner.  How many times did the team move slow to the line when time was an issue?  He gave away 4 seconds with how long it took to call a timeout.  He wussed out for a FG attempt AGAIN by our FG kicker who is a GOOD kicker.  This guy coaches with no guts, plays with no fire, and inspires no one.  

So even though the penalty would not have been changed, he needs to show the refs he isnt going to stand for ticky tack calls and get in their face.  Show the team some fire, especially after we just got a turnover and had a chance to really cease the game.  

I am tired of his gutless and emotionless performances on the sidelines and in the post game loser interviews.

AGREE 100%.  He needs to go OFF on plays like that.  They showed the phantom block in back on big screen.  He is not a good HC. simple