Jump to content


Kelly: Bills are not going anywhere


  • Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#1 ScottLaw

ScottLaw

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

http://www.wgrz.com/...-going-anywhere

Interesting video/article.....

#2 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,497 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Appreciate the share and hope he's serious but until it happens its just the same lines being repeated.... We will see.

#3 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

"You know what... I have so many people that have come to me.  It's not that I have one group because that would be pretty foolish of me to go with one individual group because my objective is to put my two cents in where it needs to be to make sure that, number one, this team stays in Western New York.  I know enough people that have enough money to make sure that happens.  Put it that way.  I know there are other groups our there too that want make sure it stays in Western New York.  There are not many groups that I know of that want to purchase the Buffalo Bills and take them somewhere else.  I don't think that would happen, to be honest with you, I don't think we have anything to worry about... but you never know.

I do know things I can't really say, but the bottom line is the Bills are not going anywhere.  Put it that way... and if they go somewhere that's something totally out of right field."

#4 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,497 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostSan Jose Bills Fan, on 12 December 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

"You know what... I have so many people that have come to me.  It's not that I have one group because that would be pretty foolish of me to go with one individual group because my objective is to put my two cents in where it needs to be to make sure that, number one, this team stays in Western New York.  I know enough people that have enough money to make sure that happens.  Put it that way.  I know there are other groups our there too that want make sure it stays in Western New York.  There are not many groups that I know of that want to purchase the Buffalo Bills and take them somewhere else.  I don't think that would happen, to be honest with you, I don't think we have anything to worry about... but you never know.

I do know things I can't really say, but the bottom line is the Bills are not going anywhere.  Put it that way... and if they go somewhere that's something totally out of right field."

It just rings a bit hollow like when buddy said he was getting dozens of calls. Ill feel waaaaay better when some plans actually start coming together.

#5 mrags

mrags

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

I love it. Always have and always will believe that the team is staying here. I believe Kelly when he says he know of enough people with money that will back him and others he doesn't have relationships with that also want to own the team and keep it here.

GO BILLS!!!

#6 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,497 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

View Postmrags, on 12 December 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

I love it. Always have and always will believe that the team is staying here. I believe Kelly when he says he know of enough people with money that will back him and others he doesn't have relationships with that also want to own the team and keep it here.

GO BILLS!!!

The only worry, especially when he plays it up like this, is there aren't very many people with the money, desire for a team, and a logical deep connection to keeping the team in buffalo.... So when he says "oh I have tons of people - Basically guys, I have so many groups to buy it that I'm not even worried" it worries me.

I'd rather hear about 1-2 really solid ones than an over abundance. I also don't much trust goodell to do good for the fans instead of good for the revenue streams.

#7 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,470 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

This isn't news, the team was never in danger of moving. The Rams, Vikings and Jags, San Diego and Oakland are all more likely than Buffalo.

My cousin told me so

#8 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,497 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostCaptain Hindsight, on 12 December 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

This isn't news, the team was never in danger of moving. The Rams, Vikings and Jags, San Diego and Oakland are all more likely than Buffalo.

My cousin told me so

Your cousin makes logical arguments for each of those. Hopefully he's as accurate as you in his assessments - you know, 20/20

#9 JTSP

JTSP

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,334 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Kelly just strikes me as a small fish trying to act like a big one. His chance to get back into the fold is somehow being seen as instrumental to keeping them here. his comments neither surprise or inform me.

View PostCaptain Hindsight, on 12 December 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

This isn't news, the team was never in danger of moving. The Rams, Vikings and Jags, San Diego and Oakland are all more likely than Buffalo.

My cousin told me so
The problem with that argument is none of those teams are likely to be for sale before the bills.

#10 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,497 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

View PostJoe_the_6_pack, on 12 December 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

Kelly just strikes me as a small fish trying to act like a big one. His chance to get back into the fold is somehow being seen as instrumental to keeping them here. his comments neither surprise or inform me.


The problem with that argument is none of those teams are likely to be for sale before the bills.

But all are likely to relocate under current ownership unless situations change.

#11 buffalo1983

buffalo1983

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

I dont see why this is always brought up. The Bills arent going anywhere and thats a sure thing. as much as they suck, the team does mean ALOT to the city and WNY.

#12 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostJoe_the_6_pack, on 12 December 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

The problem with that argument is none of those teams are likely to be for sale before the bills.

View PostNoSaint, on 12 December 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

But all are likely to relocate under current ownership unless situations change.

Well Minnesota is building a new stadium so probably they would be crossed off the list.

#13 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,497 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostSan Jose Bills Fan, on 12 December 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:





Well Minnesota is building a new stadium so probably they would be crossed off the list.

I haven't followed close since the season started- had it gotten official approval? Seemed like lots of posturing when I left off.

#14 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

View Postbuffalo1983, on 12 December 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

I dont see why this is always brought up. The Bills arent going anywhere and thats a sure thing. as much as they suck, the team does mean ALOT to the city and WNY.

How is it a sure thing? The fact that the team is important to Buffalo means nothing if it doesn't have an owner. The Bills will leave unless some pro-Buffalo white knight swoops in after Wilson dies and outbids other suitors. Good luck finding that white knight.

#15 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

View PostSan Jose Bills Fan, on 12 December 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

"I do know things I can't really say, but the bottom line is the Bills are not going anywhere.  Put it that way... and if they go somewhere that's something totally out of right field."

View PostBarry Zuckerkorn, on 13 December 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

How is it a sure thing? The fact that the team is important to Buffalo means nothing if it doesn't have an owner. The Bills will leave unless some pro-Buffalo white knight swoops in after Wilson dies and outbids other suitors. Good luck finding that white knight.


#16 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,497 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

View PostSan Jose Bills Fan, on 13 December 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

Unfortunately we don't know when for obvious reasons and Kelly doesn't know who.

Unless he's got a major ace up his sleeve, he's promising things he should only be hoping

#17 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    TBD's franchise poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,328 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

I want to believe Jimbo but his track record in business is not the greatest.  And really anyone can talk big but cash talks the loudest.  If Kelly had a billion dollars then I'd believe him.  But he said he's got "people", multiple people at that.  I've got plenty of people who will tell me they will do stuff and then bail on me when the time comes.  

PTR

#18 Dean Cain

Dean Cain

    DAS AUTO

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 13 December 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

I want to believe Jimbo but his track record in business is not the greatest.  And really anyone can talk big but cash talks the loudest.  If Kelly had a billion dollars then I'd believe him.  But he said he's got "people", multiple people at that.  I've got plenty of people who will tell me they will do stuff and then bail on me when the time comes.  

PTR

PTR - you are right however when he said he had people if you watched the video he looked down to his right and direct at the camera. That signifies truth, and I highly doubt Jim is that savvy to know how to hide tell-tale lies.

#19 Shoutbox

Shoutbox

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

View PostJoe_the_6_pack, on 12 December 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

Kelly just strikes me as a small fish trying to act like a big one. His chance to get back into the fold is somehow being seen as instrumental to keeping them here. his comments neither surprise or inform me.


The problem with that argument is none of those teams are likely to be for sale before the bills.

No, not the Vikings or Jags.

But do keep in mind that the stadium lease for the Raiders expires after the 2013 season, the lease for the Rams expires after the 2014 season, and the Chargers can easily break theirs at any moment.

If Ralph can hold out for just a few more years, the LA market may get filled before the Bills ever go up for sale. In that case, you've got to figure that the chances of a Buffalo ownership group go up substantially.

#20 ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Jimbo was a great QB, but it's kinda like walking on the moon - - what do you do for an encore?  Some people try to hang on to the limelight, and stay in the public eye (even if it means writing a book about your marital problems).

Or if you prefer poetic:


Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead, 13 December 2012 - 01:25 AM.