Jump to content


Bills 2013 Draft Pick: QB Ryan Nassib Of Syracuse University


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 PearlHowardman

PearlHowardman

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

http://www.syracuse....tabs_syrac.html

Pro Football Weekly tabs Syracuse University's Ryan Nassib as top quarterback

By Nolan Weidner
The Post-Standard
on December 12, 2012 at 2:31 PM, updated

Syracuse, NY – The folks at Pro Football Weekly think Syracuse University quarterback Ryan Nassib is going to make a pretty good NFL player.

Nassib, SU’s redshirt senior and a three-year starter, was named the magazine’s All-American quarterback. He beat out Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater and Alabama’s A.J. McCarron for the honor.

#2 ProbablyWrong

ProbablyWrong

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

The question is what round to take him in... Could easily be gone by the third, maybe even before our pick in the second.

#3 bobobonators

bobobonators

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

:sick: :bag: :thumbdown:

#4 BuffaloFan68

BuffaloFan68

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

If he is still floating around in the later rounds (5+) then we can consider him.  I just don't see him being worth more than that.

#5 PearlHowardman

PearlHowardman

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Nassib is going to the Pros.  The Bills have to select him.  We Bills fans here in the 'Cuse demand it!

On anothe note:  FOX in both Syracuse and Binghamton are showing the Giants-Whoever game on Sunday.  They got my angry e-mail today!

GENERAL MANAGER
Don O'Connor
315-634-5193
doconnor@foxsyracuse.com

PROGRAMMING
Linda Deeb
315-634-5190
ldeeb@foxsyracuse.com

#6 bobobonators

bobobonators

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostPearlHowardman, on 13 December 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Nassib is going to the Pros.  The Bills have to select him.  We Bills fans here in the 'Cuse demand it!

On anothe note:  FOX in both Syracuse and Binghamton are showing the Giants-Whoever game on Sunday.  They got my angry e-mail today!

GENERAL MANAGER
Don O'Connor
315-634-5193
doconnor@foxsyracuse.com

PROGRAMMING
Linda Deeb
315-634-5190
ldeeb@foxsyracuse.com

oh he'll go to the pros, but prob won't be higher than 4th round.

#7 ProbablyWrong

ProbablyWrong

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

View Postbobobonators, on 13 December 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

oh he'll go to the pros, but prob won't be higher than 4th round.

I would be shocked to see him go any later than early 4th.

#8 Johnny Hammersticks

Johnny Hammersticks

    You want a beer? How about some ether?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

View Postbobobonators, on 13 December 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

oh he'll go to the pros, but prob won't be higher than 4th round.

View PostProbablyWrong, on 13 December 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

I would be shocked to see him go any later than early 4th.

Given the lack of depth/talent in this QB class, I'd be absolutely shocked if Nassib made it to our pick in the 3rd.  More likely a mid-late 2nd round pick.  The kid can make ALL the throws, has good size for the position, throws well on the run, has the ability to use his eyes to direct safeties, and moves well in the pocket.  Plus, the kid has been a 3 year starter and has improved every single season.  I would LOVE to draft BPA (CB, OT, LB, WR) in round 1, and then come back in round 2 and nab Ryan Nassib.

#9 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

    Kyle Williams 95

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,955 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

View PostPearlHowardman, on 13 December 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

http://www.syracuse....tabs_syrac.html

Pro Football Weekly tabs Syracuse University's Ryan Nassib as top quarterback

By Nolan Weidner
The Post-Standard
on December 12, 2012 at 2:31 PM, updated

Syracuse, NY – The folks at Pro Football Weekly think Syracuse University quarterback Ryan Nassib is going to make a pretty good NFL player.

Nassib, SU’s redshirt senior and a three-year starter, was named the magazine’s All-American quarterback. He beat out Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater and Alabama’s A.J. McCarron for the honor.

Just say NO

#10 peterpan

peterpan

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

View Postbobobonators, on 13 December 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

:sick: :bag: :thumbdown:

View PostBuffalo Barbarian, on 14 December 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

Just say NO

Have you guys seen him at all? He is very very good.  What gives? Why don't you like him?

“PFW’s All-America team annually honors college football’s most talented players and is determined based on extensive evaluation and considerable feedback from NFL evaluators, taking into consideration how players grade out both in their assignments and by the quality of critical playing traits.

View PostPearlHowardman, on 13 December 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Nassib is going to the Pros.  The Bills have to select him.  We Bills fans here in the 'Cuse demand it!

On anothe note:  FOX in both Syracuse and Binghamton are showing the Giants-Whoever game on Sunday.  They got my angry e-mail today!

GENERAL MANAGER
Don O'Connor
315-634-5193
doconnor@foxsyracuse.com

PROGRAMMING
Linda Deeb
315-634-5190
ldeeb@foxsyracuse.com

I think you should write Russ Brandon and Buddy Nix and explain to them how their total suckitude on the field for 15 years has cost them the Syracuse and Binghamton Markets.

Edited by peterpan, 14 December 2012 - 08:53 AM.


#11 the skycap

the skycap

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostJohnny Hammersticks, on 13 December 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:




Given the lack of depth/talent in this QB class, I'd be absolutely shocked if Nassib made it to our pick in the 3rd.  More likely a mid-late 2nd round pick.  The kid can make ALL the throws, has good size for the position, throws well on the run, has the ability to use his eyes to direct safeties, and moves well in the pocket.  Plus, the kid has been a 3 year starter and has improved every single season.  I would LOVE to draft BPA (CB, OT, LB, WR) in round 1, and then come back in round 2 and nab Ryan Nassib.

He will be a good QB. Agree with everything Johnny says. Excellent pocket awareness. Get him a good QB coach, like Frank Reich, put DaRick Rogers on the other side of Steve Johnson and watch us Go.

#12 ubkev

ubkev

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

Kid can win games when trailing in the fourth. I'm all for picking him. Don't care what round, I want him.

#13 Rob's House

Rob's House

    It's all good, it's all right, !@#$ all day, &#

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,301 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

I only watched him v USC. He looked ok, but nothing spectacular.

#14 Guest_Gerard Gales_*

Guest_Gerard Gales_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

He could, possibly, raise his draft stock during the NFL Draft combine. I hope he does, then Buffalo can trade a few steps down and take him mid to late 1st.

#15 NCBuffalofan

NCBuffalofan

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

We don't get a lot of Syracuse games in NC, but I just read a dozen scouting articles on this guy. How has he managed to stay below the the radar? Makes all the throws, tough, smart, competitive, big boy. The only knock I can find is he does'nt always display "touch" on the shorter throws. When the Super Bowl is over I imagine his stock is going to shoot through the roof. Like to hear from the nay sayers because from what I have read he sounds like a perfect fit in Buffalo.

#16 section122

section122

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

I was at the Cuse game on Monday and happened to get a chance to chat really quick with Doug Marrone.  I asked if he and Nassib were going to come to Buffalo and fix them.  He smiled and said "is that where he's going?" I tried pumping him for info but it was to no avail.  Anyways for those that want to see what the fuss is all about I present Nassib vs. #9 Louisville (who just beat up on Florida).  Watch him throw darts all over the field and get hopeful that he is the qb next year.


#17 section122

section122

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

View Postsection122, on 03 January 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

I was at the Cuse game on Monday and happened to get a chance to chat really quick with Doug Marrone.  I asked if he and Nassib were going to come to Buffalo and fix them.  He smiled and said "is that where he's going?" I tried pumping him for info but it was to no avail.  
Well I'm halfway there!

#18 PearlHowardman

PearlHowardman

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Ryan Nassib will be drafted by the Buffalo Bills.

#19 Cynical

Cynical

    UDFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

View Postsection122, on 03 January 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Watch him throw darts all over the field and get hopeful that he is the qb next year.

First pass play - underthrown
second pass play - stares down the WR
third pass play - overthrown

Hope you got a better highlight reel than that.

#20 Ryan L Billz

Ryan L Billz

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

Seems like his footwork is solid, arm is good.      Just wanna know why he's so slow ?    Young kid in shape...looks like he's wearing cement shoes if he leaves the pocket......gotta be able to break that pocket and run sometime.