Jump to content


Rumor only!! Involves John Gruden


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
395 replies to this topic

#41 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

View Postmarauderswr80, on 23 December 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

You are correct about the rooney rule! Like i said rumor only!

"rumor only"

so you're admitting its not true?

#42 marauderswr80

marauderswr80

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostBarry Zuckerkorn, on 23 December 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

Why isn't Gruden meeting with the general manager? Oh, right, because this is a made-up story.

I respect your opinion!

#43 gobilz

gobilz

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

rumor picking up steam

#44 ExWNYer

ExWNYer

    Hopeful Bills romantic at heart...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

View PostMr. WEO, on 23 December 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

What's tempo?

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Ford_Tempo

#45 marauderswr80

marauderswr80

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostFluffHead, on 23 December 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:



"rumor only"

so you're admitting its not true?

No...i completely trust my sources!

View Postgobilz, on 23 December 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

rumor picking up steam

Hmmm...

#46 BRAWNDO

BRAWNDO

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Thanks for the info.  Hopefully we will be seeing a menu item at Tempo named after Jon Gruden soon!!

#47 Best Player Available

Best Player Available

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

View PostBRAWNDO, on 23 December 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

Thanks for the info.  Hopefully we will be seeing a menu item at Tempo named after Jon Gruden soon!!
Ham sandwich?

#48 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

View Postmarauderswr80, on 23 December 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

I respect your opinion!

Now I feel like a jerk. Sorry. I hope you're right, but I'm just tired of getting burned on intriguing Bills rumors.

#49 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

View Postgobilz, on 23 December 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

rumor picking up steam

Where else have you seen it?  other Bills message boards who took the story from here?  LOL

#50 jjmac

jjmac

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

View Postmarauderswr80, on 23 December 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Ive heard from a friend John Gruden was/is at Tempo with Russ Brandon....

Take it for what its worth!

My sources are reliable! And very knowledgeable about Bills football....

I hope this turns out to be just a rumor.

#51 Awwufelloff

Awwufelloff

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostUncle Jesse, on 23 December 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

There is a better chance of Vince Lombardi coaching the Bills next season than John Gruden.

ROFL! ^_^

#52 jr1

jr1

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Gruden signed a 5 year extension in 2011

#53 DJasper Probincrux III

DJasper Probincrux III

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostJPS, on 23 December 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

If you are John Gruden, why in the world would you take the Buffalo job.?

Crickets....
#1 - Money
#2 - You get a chance to pick your own QB, which is not a small deal
#3 - You have some decent players to work with with )Spiller, Johnson, the D-Line, the O-line when healthy) but there's enough immediate room to make your own mark and bring in your own guys.
#4 - Arrogance - all football coaches are arrogant, think they can fix everything, and honesty some like the challenge

Given that I think he's a long shot but with the new lease stability you never know.  Who do we think he'd tab as his coordinators?  Here's my guess.

OC - Marc Trestman
DC - Raheem Morris
ST - Bobby April after Philly cans him.

It's also possible Russ was asking him about his former QBs coach in Oakland, David Shaw.

#54 Jamie Nails

Jamie Nails

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Another person just tweeted that they saw him at the airport. I believe that he was/is in town; time will tell if the visit bears fruit.

Why is he not meeting with the GM? Perhaps, the GM is going bye-bye too?

Polian/Gruden 2013!

#55 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostBig Papi, on 23 December 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

#1 - Money
#2 - You get a chance to pick your own QB, which is not a small deal
#3 - You have some decent players to work with with )Spiller, Johnson, the D-Line, the O-line when healthy) but there's enough immediate room to make your own mark and bring in your own guys.
#4 - Arrogance - all football coaches are arrogant, think they can fix everything, and honesty some like the challenge

Given that I think he's a long shot but with the new lease stability you never know.  Who do we think he'd tab as his coordinators?  Here's my guess.

OC - Marc Trestman
DC - Raheem Morris
ST - Bobby April after Philly cans him.

It's also possible Russ was asking him about his former QBs coach in Oakland, David Shaw.

chucky usually calls his own plays ALA Chan Failey

#56 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostBarry Zuckerkorn, on 23 December 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

Why isn't Gruden meeting with the general manager? Oh, right, because this is a made-up story.

Just to play along with the rumor, in this hypothetical the GM would be getting the axe if Gruden was hired.

He'd obviously come in as the top football guy in the organization.

#57 marauderswr80

marauderswr80

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

View Postjjmac, on 23 December 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:



I hope this turns out to be just a rumor.

Sorry Chan!

#58 Heitz

Heitz

    Professional Expert

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostExWNYer, on 23 December 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:


John Gruden, Tony Dungey, Bill Cower and Russ Brandon were seen fleeing Chippewa St in a Ford Tempo!  Take it FWIW :D

#59 Buftex

Buftex

    JIM KELLY: the reason for the seasons!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,038 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I find it hard to believe that John Gruden would be spending Christmas in Buffalo...but you never know!

Either way, anything that would get him off MNF is cool with me!

#60 marauderswr80

marauderswr80

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostBarry Zuckerkorn, on 23 December 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:



Now I feel like a jerk. Sorry. I hope you're right, but I'm just tired of getting burned on intriguing Bills rumors.

Its ok! I have thick skin! I feel the same! Id never post this if i heard it from someone else! But my source knows Bills football inside and out!