Jump to content


2 best choices for HC


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 RCOHEN13

RCOHEN13

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Would be either Kyle Shanahan or Chip Kelly.. The NFL is a different game nowadays and these 2 guys especially Shanahan with his work with the Washington offense and RG3 would give us a coach that can be dynamic on offense.. Shanahan is in early 30's and been coaching for 9+ years already... Obviously grew up in football cuz of his pops and is ready to be his own man... i would LOVE to see Kyle get a shot... Chip Kelly is a pipe dream cuz if he did make the leap to the NFL, it would not be here even though the key to his offense is speed and Spiller would put up Madden type numbers in his offense..

#2 apuszczalowski

apuszczalowski

    Official Transport of TBD Members and WGR 550

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostRCOHEN13, on 01 January 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

Would be either Kyle Shanahan or Chip Kelly.. The NFL is a different game nowadays and these 2 guys especially Shanahan with his work with the Washington offense and RG3 would give us a coach that can be dynamic on offense.. Shanahan is in early 30's and been coaching for 9+ years already... Obviously grew up in football cuz of his pops and is ready to be his own man... i would LOVE to see Kyle get a shot... Chip Kelly is a pipe dream cuz if he did make the leap to the NFL, it would not be here even though the key to his offense is speed and Spiller would put up Madden type numbers in his offense..
Why would Kyle want to leave his Daddys staff? He is probably going to be his replacement once he retires
Also, how well did he do when not working for Daddys team and without RGIII?

#3 Hater

Hater

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Chip Kelly
Bill O'Brien
Lovie Smith

I'd be happy with any of these coaches.

#4 jethro_tull

jethro_tull

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

FYI the Bill's competition (Chicago Bears) have interviews scheduled with Mccoy, Mike Sullivan and atlanta special teams coach keith armstrong.

Edited by jethro_tull, 01 January 2013 - 11:41 AM.


#5 DallasBillsFan1

DallasBillsFan1

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

No thank you and No thank you.

#6 RCOHEN13

RCOHEN13

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

View Postapuszczalowski, on 01 January 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Why would Kyle want to leave his Daddys staff? He is probably going to be his replacement once he retires
Also, how well did he do when not working for Daddys team and without RGIII?

Why would he want to leave his dad??? To build his OWN career????? Dont know about you, but if i were a coach at the HIGHEST level and helped build the success that team had... I'd want to be the HEAD coach, not just the OC.. Unfortunately, RG3's dont come knocking every yr but look at that supporting cast... a 6th round RB who played his college ball here in Boca, their #1 WR being injured a chunk of season, lost their TE who was a key target in the offense and a worse group of WR's than us...

Kyle's a young guy, been living the game his entire life and he WILL be a head coach in his league, if not this yr, next yr.

#7 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Kyle Shanahan just turned 33 years old.

He's a bit on the young side for an NFL head coach. He's been a coach for all of 9 years.

He's a little bit green to say the least.

On top of that, you don't know if Kyle is "Dad Shanny's" version of Curtis Modkins. You don't know if he's really bringing anything to the table.

#8 Max997

Max997

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

I'm starting to come around on Lovie Smith. Can't deny his success but just not a fan of the cover 2

It would come down to who he hires to be his OC which if could get Norv would be a really good combination

#9 SACTOBILLSFAN

SACTOBILLSFAN

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostMax997, on 01 January 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

I'm starting to come around on Lovie Smith. Can't deny his success but just not a fan of the cover 2

It would come down to who he hires to be his OC which if could get Norv would be a really good combination

This is why I'm not high on Lovie. He's never ever hired a good OC and the Bears offense was in the bottom third every year he was there save for one when they were 19th. His in ability to hire competent OCs was his undoing in Chicago.

#10 HOUSE

HOUSE

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

I Lovie John Gruden :w00t:

Edited by HOUSE, 02 January 2013 - 06:13 AM.


#11 Buftex

Buftex

    JIM KELLY: the reason for the seasons!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,496 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Won't pretend to know who the best two choices are, but I would prefer a younger guy, with some experience...honestly, would like Lovie or Whisenhunt.  Charlie Casserly, on NFLN, just said that he thought Lovie would be a great fit for the Bills, especially if he brought along Rod Marinelli with him...

#12 jjmac

jjmac

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostSan Jose Bills Fan, on 01 January 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

Kyle Shanahan just turned 33 years old.

He's a bit on the young side for an NFL head coach. He's been a coach for all of 9 years.

He's a little bit green to say the least.

On top of that, you don't know if Kyle is "Dad Shanny's" version of Curtis Modkins. You don't know if he's really bringing anything to the table.

How old was Tomlin when he went to the Steelers?

Edited by jjmac, 01 January 2013 - 07:23 PM.


#13 billsfan11

billsfan11

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

la confora tweeted bills leaning towards whisenhunt so far. and chip kelly leaning towards staying to oregon

#14 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,214 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

View Postbillsfan11, on 01 January 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

la confora tweeted bills leaning towards whisenhunt so far. and chip kelly leaning towards staying to oregon

what a joke. Bills aren't leaning towards anyone. just pure speculation.

#15 The Wiz

The Wiz

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostMax997, on 01 January 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

I'm starting to come around on Lovie Smith. Can't deny his success but just not a fan of the cover 2

It would come down to who he hires to be his OC which if could get Norv would be a really good combination
I feel you here.  The thing that made the cover 2 for Lovie work so well was his front 7.  We have a front 4 in place (hypothetically).  Need the other 3 (LB's) to either step up or be upgraded.

Edited by The Wiz, 01 January 2013 - 07:42 PM.


#16 Punch

Punch

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostJR In Ann Arbor, on 01 January 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:



what a joke. Bills aren't leaning towards anyone. just pure speculation.

I don't think LaCanfora actually said the Bills were leaning toward Whisenhunt, only that he was a prime candidate--- it sounds more like a guess and it's from 4 hours ago:

@JasonLaCanfora
At this point, I'd be looking for Reid in AZ, Arians in SD, Whisenhunt in BUF. CLE and PHI going after Bill O'Brien


#17 billsfan11

billsfan11

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostPunch, on 01 January 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

I don't think LaCanfora actually said the Bills were leaning toward Whisenhunt, only that he was a prime candidate--- it sounds more like a guess and it's from 4 hours ago:

@JasonLaCanfora
At this point, I'd be looking for Reid in AZ, Arians in SD, Whisenhunt in BUF. CLE and PHI going after Bill O'Brien

well yea, pretty much the same thing lol

#18 Green Lightning

Green Lightning

    Mr. Peanut

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostMax997, on 01 January 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

I'm starting to come around on Lovie Smith. Can't deny his success but just not a fan of the cover 2

It would come down to who he hires to be his OC which if could get Norv would be a really good combination

I like Lovie Smith a great deal. As I said in another thread, I am wary of another helping of the Tampon Two D.  Small fast guys who get pushed all over the field in the 4th quarter.

#19 Dragonborn10

Dragonborn10

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

No and No...I live in Portland and Kelly is an ass.  He is a dick to the media.  The Ducks are going to get nailed by the NCAA for paying for players.  His system will not work in the NFL.  He can't even keep his college QB's healthy.  He really is a pompous jerk.  Makes daddy Shanahan look like a saint.

As for Shanny JR - no thank you.  I would rather have Schotty's kid or son of Chucky.

#20 T master

T master

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

View PostRCOHEN13, on 01 January 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

Would be either Kyle Shanahan or Chip Kelly.. The NFL is a different game nowadays and these 2 guys especially Shanahan with his work with the Washington offense and RG3 would give us a coach that can be dynamic on offense.. Shanahan is in early 30's and been coaching for 9+ years already... Obviously grew up in football cuz of his pops and is ready to be his own man... i would LOVE to see Kyle get a shot... Chip Kelly is a pipe dream cuz if he did make the leap to the NFL, it would not be here even though the key to his offense is speed and Spiller would put up Madden type numbers in his offense..

Ya but what worries me is what did he do with a mediocre QB in sexy Rexy --- NOTHIN sure when you have a exceptional talent at QB it makes every body look a lot better but it's what happens when that guy goes down & you have a guy like Fitz that comes in .

Maybe if he was to bring their second string guy with him that knows his scheme but to bring him in when we don't have a talented QB I'm not real sure how that would work.

I still think Marc Trestman should be considered or at least talked to so he can say YA or Na. The guy is a proven winner & is a great QB coach & teacher which is what we need especially if we get a young QB for the future !!