Jump to content


Draft: Stirring The Pot


  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 mob16151

mob16151

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostFormerly Allan in MD, on 03 January 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

Optimus Klein?  I thought it was Armweak Klein.

I thought it was "A throwing motion that looks like Byron Leftwhichs throwing motion had a love child with Tim tebows throwing motion."

Man thats a mouthful. And chock full of poor throwing motions.

Edited by mob16151, 03 January 2013 - 07:50 PM.


#22 The Beautiful East

The Beautiful East

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Yeah, whatever that means - "poor throwing motion." He does put an unorthodox type of zip on the ball. Quite frankly, I'm not sure whether that's good or bad. I definitely like his demeanor and am looking forward to seeing him and Chip Kelly tonight.

#23 mob16151

mob16151

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostThe Beautiful East, on 03 January 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Yeah, whatever that means - "poor throwing motion." He does put an unorthodox type of zip on the ball. Quite frankly, I'm not sure whether that's good or bad. I definitely like his demeanor and am looking forward to seeing him and Chip Kelly tonight.

Quick and dirty He has trouble with his footwork, and a lot of times he takes the ball wayyyyyyy to far back before he comes forward with it.  Its like a robot, and it takes so long that its gonna let DB's jump his routes.

#24 Mark80

Mark80

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostAstrobot, on 03 January 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

TE: I’ve been tweeting with Chandler, and he feels he’ll be ready for Training Camp. I bet they’re done with Lee Smith. I have Eifert #37 on my board, and we pick #40 in RD2. Mychal Rivera might vault up draft boards before April. Think RD4:

ILB-OLB: I think Te’O will go before our #8 pick (most likely #1 or #5). Same with J Jones (who I see as better in a 3-4), which could make Nix-Whaley trade up to get Te’O. But not if Chip Kelly or Mike McCoy becomes our head coach).The only available LB I’d have taken before more weapons for our QB in RD1 is going back to school-- CJ Mosley. All other available LB’s are better 3-4 defenders or retrofit DE’s (Mingo, Montgomery). Here’s a possibility---Minter (if he declares). Bradham stays, and I think Sheppard will grade out better than we think.

QB: I know Ralph said he’d be going after a Franchise QB, but he isn’t deciding anymore….Maybe the head coach (especially Chip Kelly or Mike McCoy) likes a falling Geno Smith (because of his performance vs Syracuse) or reaches for Wilson or maybe Tajh Boyd or Optimus Klein. I think this is a flawed QB class, and I think the new Head Coach (I like Kelly-McCoy-Hudson-Smith in that order) will agree, and pick elsewhere, opting for the QB-rich 2014 class.

Finally someone with a bit of sense discussing draft options.  That is, until I read that bit regarding Klein.  His skills will not transfer to the NFL and he'll be a 4th rounder at best (and probably not even drafted with expectations of playing QB at all).  Too bad though, serious leadership skills and heart, just not the arm.

While I'd be shocked to see Te'o go #1, I would also be shocked to see him make it to #8.  Jones, on the other hand, very well may be there and we should jump all over it if he is.  Hopefully his previous neck issues scare some teams off.

If Eifert is stil there in the second round then that would be a fantastic selection for us if Murray comes out and is gone (I suspect both will be true).  Other than that, I'm a huge proponent of getting Murray or Jones one way or another in this years draft.  I feel that both are severly underrated at this point and all other QBs (namely Smith, Wilson, Glennon, Dysert) are severely overrated while Barkely is rated accurately but won't be a good fit with our culture or climate and I don't know enough about Boyd to reneder a fair decision on him as of yet.

#25 Bronc24

Bronc24

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

View Post....lybob, on 03 January 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

There are about 11 QBs being mentioned as a good candidate for the Bills- only one of them will be clearly better than Fitz- 8 will never start a game without an injury to the starting QB- two will be of similar ilk of Fitz

All 11 are better than that perennial loser.

#26 Astrobot

Astrobot

    TSW's Draft Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,149 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostMOVALLEYRANDY, on 03 January 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Sorry bro.. Very respecfully disagree. Murray is a bench warmer at the next level. Tyler Wilson, and Matt Barkley are the only one in the class worth taking in rounds 1 or 2. Murray Glennon and Geno  are major projects with Murray the least talented of the 5 mentioned. Murray looks for a place to fall when he sees pressure  Glennon checks down more than Trent Edwards and Smith (and Murray for that matter) tends to whine and complain at the littelest adversity. Would hate it if we bother with Murray or Glennon in any rounds, but esp. before round 3
P.S.  I know we don't pick #1 but thanks for the info :thumbsup:
Agree. If I had to rank the QB's right now here's where I have them:
1 11 Geno Smith
1 16 Matt Barkley
1 18 Tyler Wilson
2 39 Ryan Nassib
2 44 Collin Klein
2 46 Tyler Bray (Jr.,decl)
2 48 Landry Jones
2 59 Aaron Murray (Jr.)
2 60 E.J. Manuel
3 85 Logan Thomas (Jr.)
3 87 A.J. McCarron (Jr.)
4 114 Tajh Boyd (Jr.)
5 147 Mike Glennon
6 165 Brendon Kay
7 208 Nick Florence
7 212 Seth Doege
7 216 Zach Mettenberger (Jr.)


#27 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

    BERSERKER

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

View PostAstrobot, on 03 January 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

TE: I’ve been tweeting with Chandler, and he feels he’ll be ready for Training Camp. I bet they’re done with Lee Smith. I have Eifert #37 on my board, and we pick #40 in RD2. Mychal Rivera might vault up draft boards before April. Think RD4:

ILB-OLB: I think Te’O will go before our #8 pick (most likely #1 or #5). Same with J Jones (who I see as better in a 3-4), which could make Nix-Whaley trade up to get Te’O. But not if Chip Kelly or Mike McCoy becomes our head coach).The only available LB I’d have taken before more weapons for our QB in RD1 is going back to school-- CJ Mosley. All other available LB’s are better 3-4 defenders or retrofit DE’s (Mingo, Montgomery). Here’s a possibility---Minter (if he declares). Bradham stays, and I think Sheppard will grade out better than we think.

QB: I know Ralph said he’d be going after a Franchise QB, but he isn’t deciding anymore….Maybe the head coach (especially Chip Kelly or Mike McCoy) likes a falling Geno Smith (because of his performance vs Syracuse) or reaches for Wilson or maybe Tajh Boyd or Optimus Klein. I think this is a flawed QB class, and I think the new Head Coach (I like Kelly-McCoy-Hudson-Smith in that order) will agree, and pick elsewhere, opting for the QB-rich 2014 class.

who are the 2014 QBs?

Tyler Bray is making a huge mistake in coming out but I would take a second on him bc he has so much potential. This also means we need to bring in a vet QB maybe Alex Smith.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian, 04 January 2013 - 04:28 AM.


#28 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

    BERSERKER

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

View PostAstrobot, on 03 January 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

Agree. If I had to rank the QB's right now here's where I have them:

1 11 Geno Smith 1 8 Landry Jones
1 16 Matt Barkley
1 18 Tyler Wilson
2 39 Ryan Nassib
2 41 Geno Smith
2 44 Collin Klein
2 46 Tyler Bray (Jr.,decl)
2 59 Aaron Murray (Jr.)
2 60 E.J. Manuel
3 85 Logan Thomas (Jr.)
3 87 A.J. McCarron (Jr.)
4 114 Tajh Boyd (Jr.)
5 147 Mike Glennon
6 165 Brendon Kay
7 208 Nick Florence
7 212 Seth Doege
7 216 Zach Mettenberger (Jr.)

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian, 04 January 2013 - 04:42 AM.


#29 swede316

swede316

    MMMMMMMMMMM BEER

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

Glennon in the 5th??? He'll go in the top 20 Guaranteed!

#30 playman

playman

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

View Postswede316, on 04 January 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

Glennon in the 5th??? He'll go in the top 20 Guaranteed!

as opposed to landry jones who will be there for us in the 3rd :D

#31 Beerball

Beerball

    Things happen...

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,800 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

View Post....lybob, on 03 January 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

There are about 11 QBs being mentioned as a good candidate for the Bills- only one of them will be clearly better than Fitz- 8 will never start a game without an injury to the starting QB- two will be of similar ilk of Fitz
A list would be nice so that we can refer to it later on down the road.

#32 Coach Tuesday

Coach Tuesday

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

This mock had Te'o going first to KC:

http://www.nationalf...k-Draft-30.html

#33 Beerball

Beerball

    Things happen...

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,800 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostCoach Tuesday, on 04 January 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

This mock had Te'o going first to KC:

http://www.nationalf...k-Draft-30.html
Andy Reid is going to want a sparkly new toy. Time to rethink that mock. Why any team would consider giving that man complete control of football operations is beyond me. He can't take care of those he should hold most closely and they're going to let him run the show? Nuts.

#34 Coach Tuesday

Coach Tuesday

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostBeerball, on 04 January 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

Andy Reid is going to want a sparkly new toy. Time to rethink that mock. Why any team would consider giving that man complete control of football operations is beyond me. He can't take care of those he should hold most closely and they're going to let him run the show? Nuts.

Um, I hope you're not saying what I think you're saying.

#35 Beerball

Beerball

    Things happen...

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,800 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostCoach Tuesday, on 04 January 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

Um, I hope you're not saying what I think you're saying.
I thought I was pretty clear but if you need clarification just ask.

#36 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,678 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

View PostBeerball, on 04 January 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

Andy Reid is going to want a sparkly new toy. Time to rethink that mock. Why any team would consider giving that man complete control of football operations is beyond me. He can't take care of those he should hold most closely and they're going to let him run the show? Nuts.
Ouch. I don't think any of us know to what extent he tried to help his son. Drugs are a bad thing.

#37 Beerball

Beerball

    Things happen...

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,800 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

View PostBringBackFergy, on 04 January 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

Ouch. I don't think any of us know to what extent he tried to help his son. Drugs are a bad thing.
I can guarantee you that working 80 hour weeks didn't help his family, but that's just me.

If that's too harsh and judgmental for some I apoligize, but that's what I feel.

#38 Armchair GM

Armchair GM

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostFormerly Allan in MD, on 03 January 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

Optimus Klein?  I thought it was Armweak Klein.

Check the vid...@ about the 4:15 mark he throws an absolute bullet...off his back foot...while getting hit. Weak arms can not make that throw.

#39 Armchair GM

Armchair GM

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostAstrobot, on 03 January 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

TE: I’ve been tweeting with Chandler, and he feels he’ll be ready for Training Camp. I bet they’re done with Lee Smith. I have Eifert #37 on my board, and we pick #40 in RD2. Mychal Rivera might vault up draft boards before April. Think RD4:

ILB-OLB: I think Te’O will go before our #8 pick (most likely #1 or #5). Same with J Jones (who I see as better in a 3-4), which could make Nix-Whaley trade up to get Te’O. But not if Chip Kelly or Mike McCoy becomes our head coach).The only available LB I’d have taken before more weapons for our QB in RD1 is going back to school-- CJ Mosley. All other available LB’s are better 3-4 defenders or retrofit DE’s (Mingo, Montgomery). Here’s a possibility---Minter (if he declares). Bradham stays, and I think Sheppard will grade out better than we think.

QB: I know Ralph said he’d be going after a Franchise QB, but he isn’t deciding anymore….Maybe the head coach (especially Chip Kelly or Mike McCoy) likes a falling Geno Smith (because of his performance vs Syracuse) or reaches for Wilson or maybe Tajh Boyd or Optimus Klein. I think this is a flawed QB class, and I think the new Head Coach (I like Kelly-McCoy-Hudson-Smith in that order) will agree, and pick elsewhere, opting for the QB-rich 2014 class.

Astro...what's your take on Landry Jones?

#40 Coach Tuesday

Coach Tuesday

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostBeerball, on 04 January 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

I can guarantee you that working 80 hour weeks didn't help his family, but that's just me.

If that's too harsh and judgmental for some I apoligize, but that's what I feel.

Yes it's too harsh.  You have no idea what the circumstances were.  Tony Dungy's son committed suicide - does that mean he shouldn't be hired to coach a football team?  Come on man, you are better than this.