14 replies to this topic

#1 R. Rich

R. Rich

Carpal Tunnel

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,405 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

I have decided to just re-set the league startin' w/ the next year's version (based on 2012 statistics).  It will be easier than tryin' to sim 3 seasons.  I should get the software download in March or April.  Once I do, I'll get to work on the preliminaries:  FA Draft to stock teams, 2013 Rookie Draft, rosters, etc.

Any owners from the original league who want to remain are more than welcome.  There will be a sign up thread (approximately mid/late March); all you have to do is indicate whether or not you choose to keep your team.

I only ask that those who decide to commit to the league actually stick to their committment.  It became entirely too huge an effort w/ me tryin' to manage a bunch of teams 'cause owners dropped out (usually w/ no advance notice to me).  I will also be lookin' for co-commissioners to assist in the runnin' of the league.  Ramius and Bluefire have first crack @ it, if they so desire.  If not, I'll welcome help from anyone.  Again, I only ask that those who volunteer to help just stick to their committment.

Hope to see ya back for the Sim League, V.2!!

#2 BlueFire

BlueFire

OU Still Sucks!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,224 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Saweet, glad to see this getting going again!

I'd love if we could dedicate a bit of time for the draft that's not during the workday this time.  Have a "live draft" in the evening after work I think would help some owners (including me).

Edited by BlueFire, 09 January 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#3 Ramius

Ramius

Don't Tread on Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,418 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I'd love to reboot it as well. I'm with Bluefire, in that my internet access during work hours can be intermittent depending on what is going on in the lab.

#4 R. Rich

R. Rich

Carpal Tunnel

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,405 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

I have thought of this very idea.  It's nice for a rookie draft, but for the initial FA stockin' draft, it would take forever.  Meh, we'll work out the kinks.

#5 TakeYouToTasker

TakeYouToTasker

The smartest man in the room.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

If you have any interest in taking on new owners, I'd love to participate.  I'm very involved in fantasy sports, including an OOTP baseball league which is somewhat similar to what you do here.  I've been reading through your old threads in this section for some time now, and had always wished that I had been in on the ground floor of your league.

If you'll have me, I can promise a high level of commitment and involvement.

#6 The Jokeman

The Jokeman

The Hoosier Daddy? select.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'd love to be in this again but I don't have Excel anymore so it might be tough to keep records as well as I did in the past.

In terms of the stocking draft how about instead of draft we do a silent auction? We focus on one position a day where teams submit their list to R.Rich and then he can review and assign players to the highest bidder. Yet I'm not sure if that be more work for the big fella than the old way or not? R.Rich feel free to chime in. Though think it's vital we also have a minimum cap for each team and a minimum bid too so some team doesn't bid 10k on each of their players and has a boatload of cheap talent and if a team fails to submit their list on time they can't bid on that position again and in the next position auction they have to pay 25k more then minimum in the next position auction as again to avoid teams low balling their roster and/or they incur a penalty on when they have to complete their 53 after the inital stocking auction like they have to pay 50k more then initial auction minimum.  Also maybe make a rule that after the initial auction you need to have at least 35 players to prevent one owner to be continously an absentee in the initial stocking auction. I don't know as this is completely come off the top of my head. We have a few weeks to work out the details.

Case in point day 1 is QB auction day and by the end of the day you need at least 2 QBs on your roster (but you can elect to have more if you want). The minimum bid is for any number 1 QB is $3 Million and the minimum for any number 2 $500k and there is no minimum on any QBs after the required 2. In the case of a tie how about we use the rookie auction draft order but it serpentines and if you win one auction you immediately fall to the bottom of the next one to make it more fair. So day 2 would be an auction for RBs minium of 3 on your roster, minumum bid for a number 1 is $3 Million, a number 2 $1.5 Million, a number 3 75k. Yet if I don't have 2 QBs whatever I bid on my RBs is increased 25k.

Edited by The Jokeman, 06 March 2013 - 09:39 PM.

#7 BlueFire

BlueFire

OU Still Sucks!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,224 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostThe Jokeman, on 06 March 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

I'd love to be in this again but I don't have Excel anymore so it might be tough to keep records as well as I did in the past.

Google Docs is online, free, and can work with Excel sheets.

#8 R. Rich

R. Rich

Carpal Tunnel

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,405 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

The sign-up thread is posted and pinned on the Stadium Wall.  Any of the previous owners who want to re-up, please do so in the thread so that I know how many new owners we will need.

#9 Like A Mofo

Like A Mofo

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,964 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

I would definitely like to be back in.....my original team Cleveland needs a serious reboot so Im all for a new roster lol

#10 TakeYouToTasker

TakeYouToTasker

The smartest man in the room.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Rich, what are the odds that you've got a working time-line in place for launch?

#11 Swiftalo12

Swiftalo12

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

Rich, when are we starting the league? Do you have a timeline for the auctions? Thanks

#12 R. Rich

R. Rich

Carpal Tunnel

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,405 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

I've set up the teams in the software as far as team names and stadiums.  I still have a few teams that have not reported in and told me their team name and venue.  Once I get that information, I will post a schedule of events.  I just don't wanna do that 'til ALL of the owners respond.

#13 justnzane

justnzane

MJ the "man" of many faces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

bump?

#14 R. Rich

R. Rich

Carpal Tunnel

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,405 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hey, @ this point, I'm ready to move on w/out 'em.  That said, we have 6 openings in the league that will need to be filled.  If anyone knows someone who would be interested, let me know.  But this has gone on far too long and I'm ready to get goin'.

#15 valle7878

valle7878

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

cool