Jump to content


The Second Coming With A Twist


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 T master

T master

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

All of us know we are in the midst of looking for a HC, but while all of this has been going on i have been Schek to the Future with the process.

If any of you go to NFL.com hen you will recognize the reference in the previous sentence to a skit that they do there by Dave Damaschek & i was going to put my own twist to it .

If the Bills could pull of another miracle signing like i thought they did with Mario this year & get Kelly to come to B/Lo would this be considered the second coming of the K Gun offense ? I think it might .

Think of the similarities the main difference that (here's the twist) Kelly this time would be on the sideline instead of at QB. The uptempo no huddle style offense back in B/Lo would that be a Schek to the future or what .

I have had dreams of seeing defenses on the field huffing & puffing while the Bills once again ride their high powered no huddle offense down the field once again sending fear though out the league of having to come up against it 20 yrs later. man would  that be awesome or what ?

I thought we never had a chance to bring Mario in, which i now think we have no chance with C.Kelly but just imagine if you will the media & the pictures of Chip & Jim on the cover of SI or ESPN & Boomer would have a major melt down & would probably retire if he could once again have SF 49er's & the Bills going to the SB .

But this time we win . Go Bills !!

WOW Wouldn't a second coming of the K gun be great ... Well i can dream can't i ???

Edited by T master, 05 January 2013 - 11:52 AM.


#2 AlwaysBilleve

AlwaysBilleve

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Interesting thought.

I think Chip Kelly would be the most interesting HC for us, but not the safest.

I like what he has done with his offense. But that would mean a serious need for a dependable, mobile, accurate, QB.

Chip Kelly would want a nice, new toy to play with and I'm worried with him at the helm the front office will stretch for a QB at 8 that does not deserve that pick.

#3 KD in CT

KD in CT

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,160 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostT master, on 05 January 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

All of us know we are in the midst of looking for a HC, but while all of this has been going on i have been Schek to the Future with the process.

If any of you go to NFL.com hen you will recognize the reference in the previous sentence to a skit that they do there by Dave Damaschek & i was going to put my own twist to it .

If the Bills could pull of another miracle signing like i thought they did with Mario this year & get Kelly to come to B/Lo would this be considered the second coming of the K Gun offense ? I think it might .

Think of the similarities the main difference that (here's the twist) Kelly this time would be on the sideline instead of at QB. The uptempo no huddle style offense back in B/Lo would that be a Schek to the future or what .

I have had dreams of seeing defenses on the field huffing & puffing while the Bills once again ride their high powered no huddle offense down the field once again sending fear though out the league of having to come up against it 20 yrs later. man would  that be awesome or what ?

I thought we never had a chance to bring Mario in, which i now think we have no chance with C.Kelly but just imagine if you will the media & the pictures of Chip & Jim on the cover of SI or ESPN & Boomer would have a major melt down & would probably retire if he could once again have SF 49er's & the Bills going to the SB .

But this time we win . Go Bills !!

WOW Wouldn't a second coming of the K gun be great ... Well i can dream can't i ???

Yeah, if all that happened all we'd be missing is the 'K'.   And the quarterback.

#4 VABills

VABills

    Obama saving oil one pound of pressure at a time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,617 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostT master, on 05 January 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

All of us know we are in the midst of looking for a HC, but while all of this has been going on i have been Schek to the Future with the process.

If any of you go to NFL.com hen you will recognize the reference in the previous sentence to a skit that they do there by Dave Damaschek & i was going to put my own twist to it .

If the Bills could pull of another miracle signing like i thought they did with Mario this year & get Kelly to come to B/Lo would this be considered the second coming of the K Gun offense ? I think it might .

Think of the similarities the main difference that (here's the twist) Kelly this time would be on the sideline instead of at QB. The uptempo no huddle style offense back in B/Lo would that be a Schek to the future or what .

I have had dreams of seeing defenses on the field huffing & puffing while the Bills once again ride their high powered no huddle offense down the field once again sending fear though out the league of having to come up against it 20 yrs later. man would  that be awesome or what ?

I thought we never had a chance to bring Mario in, which i now think we have no chance with C.Kelly but just imagine if you will the media & the pictures of Chip & Jim on the cover of SI or ESPN & Boomer would have a major melt down & would probably retire if he could once again have SF 49er's & the Bills going to the SB .

But this time we win . Go Bills !!

WOW Wouldn't a second coming of the K gun be great ... Well i can dream can't i ???

You know the K in Kgun offense did not refer to Jim Kelly right?

#5 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,203 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

View PostVABills, on 05 January 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:



You know the K in Kgun offense did not refer to Jim Kelly right?
Keith McKeller I believe??

#6 T master

T master

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostVABills, on 05 January 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

You know the K in Kgun offense did not refer to Jim Kelly right?

To be honest no i didn't b/c every time the reference was made to the K/Gun offense they would show Jim Kelly not  Keith Mckellar & seeing as with out Kelly there would have been no offense even remotely the same as it was i'll stick with Kelly as the k in K/Gun .

But if that only works for my personal world you can feel free to tell me where it did come from it doesn't mean that it will work in my world ..

Edited by T master, 05 January 2013 - 09:58 PM.


#7 bowery4

bowery4

    "‘Chance favors the prepared mind‘’

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

2 TEs and McKeller was the K receiver ;)

#8 You herd it hear last

You herd it hear last

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Belichek has probably been illegally taping Oregon practices for years, just for this scenario

#9 AReed Deep For6

AReed Deep For6

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

Pass the koolaid this way  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

#10 ny33

ny33

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

View PostT master, on 05 January 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

To be honest no i didn't b/c every time the reference was made to the K/Gun offense they would show Jim Kelly not  Keith Mckellar & seeing as with out Kelly there would have been no offense even remotely the same as it was i'll stick with Kelly as the k in K/Gun .

But if that only works for my personal world you can feel free to tell me where it did come from it doesn't mean that it will work in my world ..

What?