Jump to content



  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 josephfrei

josephfrei

    UDFA

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Here's more arrogance from Boston area writers. This is in response to the Bills related link from TBD Jan.13, 2013 (go there for full story):
Doug Marrone might pay off for the Bills
http://bostonglobe.c...VfGL/story.html



Does it ever occur to anyone what nice little financial advantage, fair or unfair, it still is to have not just a behemoth-sized urban market to pull from (Boston), but also be the one only NFL team in their state, AND to have a market encompassing how many OTHER states?!

I know the NFL has tried to address the market inequality issue, but here's hoping that Marrone is the coach who can finally do more with a whole lot less ...($).

Edited by Yonder_d7, 14 January 2013 - 01:17 AM.


#2 mrags

mrags

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,716 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I hope Robert Kraft, Tom Brady, Bill Bellicheat, Brandon Spikes, Jerod Mayo, Gronk, Hernandez, Wilfork all die of syphillis.

#3 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

18 people live in new hampshire vermont and maine combined.  Four of them dont have TVs

#4 mrags

mrags

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,716 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostFluffHead, on 13 January 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

18 people live in new hampshire vermont and maine combined.  Four of them dont have TVs
lol this

#5 josephfrei

josephfrei

    UDFA

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostFluffHead, on 13 January 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

18 people live in new hampshire vermont and maine combined.  Four of them dont have TVs

I can imagine people saying something similar about what we have here...(Buffalo, Rochester, and ?). Then there's Connecticut/Rhode Island which probably figure in to some some degree.

#6 WellDressed

WellDressed

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:43 PM


I'd rather see them die of typhus.

View Postmrags, on 13 January 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

I hope Robert Kraft, Tom Brady, Bill Bellicheat, Brandon Spikes, Jerod Mayo, Gronk, Hernandez, Wilfork all die of syphillis.



#7 wonderbread

wonderbread

    Selfish Lover

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostWellDressed, on 13 January 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:


I'd rather see them die of typhus.

My vote is for scarlet fever.

#8 mrags

mrags

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,716 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostWellDressed, on 13 January 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:


I'd rather see them die of typhus.
either way

#9 benderbender

benderbender

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Lets tag this thread for when Bellicheat discards Brady for being too old and we gobble him up for the downside of his career a la Bledsoe

#10 mrags

mrags

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,716 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

I really hope so actually. Not because I want him. I know it would make him suffer not having nice places to go out to in Buffalo. Would be great to see him suffer in any way possible.

#11 Green Lightning

Green Lightning

    Mr. Peanut

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postmrags, on 13 January 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

I really hope so actually. Not because I want him. I know it would make him suffer not having nice places to go out to in Buffalo. Would be great to see him suffer in any way possible.

The cherry on the parfait would be Brady in Buffalo and Giselle in a brown banlon pantsuit leading a revised version of "Talkin' Proud."

#12 JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS

JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Interesting data from Sports Stats Overload:


Top 5 Smallest NFL TV Markets





1. Green Bay - Market #70. Definitely has to be one of the early teams, because no way in the world would the NFL go into market #70.



2. New Orleans - Market #53. Pre-Katrina, New Orleans was in the mid-40s of market size.


3. Buffalo - Market #51. Buffalo has slowly slid down the ranker.


4. Jacksonville - Market #47. When Jacksonville joined the league in 1995, they were the second smallest NFL market. Combine Jacksonville's growth with Katrina, and Buffalo's shrinkage, and now they're 4.


5. Cincinnati - #34 - Not showing much growth, but will not be passed by any of the smaller four anytime soon.


Interesting that the last two Super Bowl champs are from the SMALLEST markets.


While we're at it, the largest markets without an NFL team:


#2 Los Angeles - well-documented lack of passion for NFL; this is the new go-to town when teams threaten to leave.


#19 Orlando - With three teams already in Florida, and, those three not showing the overwhelming desire to sell out their stadiums, Orlando does not foresee any NFL-ing.


#20 Sacramento - The California state capitol is two hours from Bay Area that hosts two teams (Niners and Raiders).


#22 Portland - Portlanders have shown interest, giving the NFL the nudge that they are interested in becoming home to a team. Those NFL wheels turn slowly.

#13 Max997

Max997

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Why read articles written by writers from Boston?

#14 Dr. Trooth

Dr. Trooth

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Yawn.  people really need to get over their self esteem issues.

Pats rule, Bills drool... until proven otherwise.

#15 Mr. WEO

Mr. WEO

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,595 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostYonder_d7, on 13 January 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

Here's more arrogance from Boston area writers. This is in response to the Bills related link from TBD Jan. 13, 2013 (go there for full story) :
Doug Marrone might pay off for the Bills
http://bostonglobe.c...VfGL/story.html



Does it ever occur to anyone what nice little financial advantage, fair or unfair, it still is to have not just a behemoth-sized urban market to pull from (Boston), but also be the one only NFL team in their state, AND to have a market encompassing how many OTHER states?!

I know the NFL has tried to address the market inequality issue, but here's hoping that Marrone is the coach who can finally do more with a whole lot less ...($).

Wait, I thought the Toronto/Ontario/Buffalo/Rochester market was top 5?

And how is it that Marrone has "a whole lot less....$" to work with than other teams?

#16 Hsp08

Hsp08

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Pats time will come to an end, once Brady retires.

#17 bobinaz

bobinaz

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Here's hoping to a Ravens win next week!

#18 Punch

Punch

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostMr. WEO, on 13 January 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

Wait, I thought the Toronto/Ontario/Buffalo/Rochester market was top 5?

IIRC, market size generally only takes US figures into consideration. If the US-Canada border were only a state border, then the Bills would be close to top 5 in market size.

#19 CardinalScotts

CardinalScotts

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Brady will be 36 next year is he going to play at 39-40-41 like Farve ?

#20 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,622 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostDr. Trooth, on 13 January 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Yawn.  people really need to get over their self esteem issues.

Pats rule, Bills drool... until proven otherwise.
This^ Really didn't see anything worse than what I read here about the Bills