Jump to content


Pat Morris, O-Line Coach


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 BlueFire

BlueFire

    OU Still Sucks!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,256 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Per Text, we finally hired one.

http://www.buffalobi...86-1ec8e0939b03

#2 buffalo1983

buffalo1983

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

This guy has coached OL since 1978. That's what I call experience.

#3 Punch

Punch

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Oh great, another inexperienced Syracuse crony hire!!

Wait, what...?

#4 sodbuster

sodbuster

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Not bald? Not impressed.
Just kidding. Tons of experience? Sounds like he might know what he is doing.

#5 Saint Doug

Saint Doug

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

D'Alesandris couldn't have been better than is guy.

#6 BRAWNDO

BRAWNDO

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Actually I think Marrone gets a pass on his OL coach and his OC since these are his specialities

#7 Formerly Joe F

Formerly Joe F

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Morris has coached the line that led a #1 rushing attack 3 times.

#8 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    TBD's franchise poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,333 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostPunch, on 19 January 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Oh great, another inexperienced Syracuse crony hire!!

Wait, what...?

Arrrrrgh...an old retread!

PTR

#9 Nanker

Nanker

    Blls Nation Unite!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Was out of football last year. Probably forgot everything he ever knew.
We're screwed.

#10 Wayne Cubed

Wayne Cubed

    TBD's Local Shell Fish

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Someone quick, break out his Wins/Loss record as a OL coach. This will obviously determine his worth as a position coach.

#11 John from Hemet

John from Hemet

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,370 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

im sure someone will find a way to spin this negative....just give it time

#12 The Poojer

The Poojer

    Just Your Everyday Bastard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,169 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

In 25 years???  That's 12%...that blows...DOOMED!!!!

View PostJoeF, on 19 January 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

Morris has coached the line that led a #1 rushing attack 3 times.


#13 Rockinon

Rockinon

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Man, this guy is old. :thumbsup:

#14 Formerly Joe F

Formerly Joe F

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostThe Poojer, on 19 January 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

In 25 years???  That's 12%...that blows...DOOMED!!!!

Damn you math....

#15 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,507 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostJoeF, on 19 January 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

Morris has coached the line that led a #1 rushing attack 3 times.

We're those 3 with Peterson in minny? Or which years? I'd be curious to learn more about the schemes and backs involved

#16 Formerly Joe F

Formerly Joe F

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostNoSaint, on 19 January 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

We're those 3 with Peterson in minny? Or which years? I'd be curious to learn more about the schemes and backs involved

SF --- 1998 - Garrison Hearst leading rusher
SF -- 1999- Charlie Garner leading rusher
MN- 2007 - Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor (Tavaris Jackson QB)

Do your own freakin research next time.... ;-)

#17 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

CHAMPIONSHIP

#18 Lurker

Lurker

    16 pages is NOT enough

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Over his 15 years in the NFL, his teams have finished in the top 10 in rushing 9 times...not too shabby.

Average team rushing rank (1997 to 2011)--11th overall  (average 2,035 yards, 4.4 YPC)

2011 Tampa--30th
2010 Minnesota--10th
2009 Minnesota--13th
2008 Minnesota--5th
2007 Minnesota--1st
2006 Minnesota--16th
2005 Detroit--26th
2004 Detroit--19th
2003 San Francisco--5th
2002 San Francisco--6th
2001 San Francisco--2nd
2000 San Francisco--18th
1999 San Francisco--1st
1998 San Francisco--1st
1997 San Francisco--8th

Other than the 2011 stint in Tampa (LeGarret Blount) and his two years in Detroit (Kevin Jones) , his teams have had really strong running games.  And yes, it helps to have Adrian Peterson and Garrison Hearst for much of that time!

This looks like a very good hire, although I wonder why he was out of the league in 2012....

Edited by Lurker, 19 January 2013 - 07:06 PM.


#19 BRAWNDO

BRAWNDO

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostLurker, on 19 January 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

Over his 15 years in the NFL, his teams have finished in the top 10 in rushing 9 times...not too shabby.

Average team rushing rank (1997 to 2011)--11th overall  (average 2,035 yards, 4.4 YPC)

2011 Tampa--30th
2010 Minnesota--10th
2009 Minnesota--13th
2008 Minnesota--5th
2007 Minnesota--1st
2006 Minnesota--16th
2005 Detroit--26th
2004 Detroit--19th
2003 San Francisco--5th
2002 San Francisco--6th
2001 San Francisco--2nd
2000 San Francisco--18th
1999 San Francisco--1st
1998 San Francisco--1st
1997 San Francisco--8th

Other than the 2011 stint in Tampa (LeGarret Blount) and his two years in Detroit (Kevin Jones) , his teams have had really strong running games.  And yes, it helps to have Adrian Peterson and Garrison Hearst for much of that time!

This looks like a very good hire, although I wonder why he was out of the league in 2012....

He was waiting for the Buffalo Job to open up..

#20 Saint Doug

Saint Doug

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostLurker, on 19 January 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

And yes, it helps to have Adrian Peterson and Garrison Hearst for much of that time!

This looks like a very good hire, although I wonder why he was out of the league in 2012....

Crediting this guy for Petersons success if like crediting McCoy for Manning's success. Wait, people are doing that.

I wonder about the sacks allowed.

Hmmm. 2011. #1 Buffalo Bills. #11 Tampa Bay Bucs.

2010: #14 Bills, #18 Vikings

2009: #28 Bills, #18 Vikings.

Do I sense a trend here? What was the reason for the meteoric rise of our OL, personnel or coaching?

Edited by kas23, 19 January 2013 - 08:03 PM.