Jump to content


I don't like U2, but....

Super Bowl Halftime Show

  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Just Jack

Just Jack

    Lifting things up and putting them down

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,397 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

This article still gave me chills....

How U2's masterful New Orleans performances for NFL almost never happened

#2 Dr. Trooth

Dr. Trooth

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

They're magnificent

#3 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

    BERSERKER

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,472 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostJust Jack, on 30 January 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:


better than Beyonce but I wont watch the halftime show until Metallica is on (this year would have been great since they from San Fran)

#4 Peter

Peter

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,586 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostJust Jack, on 30 January 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

\

That was my favorite half time show.  It was incredibly moving.  I remember having tears in my eyes.


Edited by Peter, 30 January 2013 - 06:01 PM.


#5 Triple Threat

Triple Threat

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostPeter, on 30 January 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

\

That was my favorite half time show.  It was incredibly moving.  I remember having tears in my eyes.



Awesome!!!

#6 Ryan L Billz

Ryan L Billz

    Mad Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

is there such as thing as better than beyonce?   google search image before you reply.

#7 JinVA

JinVA

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

"Bono was in an NFL conference room with Collins, Steeg, then-commissioner Paul Tagliabue, chief operating officer Roger Goodell and Patriots owner Robert Kraft"
WTF???

#8 Nanker

Nanker

    Blls Nation Unite!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,857 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostRyan L Billz, on 30 January 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

is there such as thing as better than beyonce?   google search image before you reply.
Well, I googled "better than beyonce" images, and this is the second image that came up. Care to explain?
Posted Image

#9 Ryan L Billz

Ryan L Billz

    Mad Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

haaaaaaa..............leave the better out and just use beyonce instead.............

such as

Attached File  beyonce.jpg   7.55K   40 downloads

Edited by Ryan L Billz, 30 January 2013 - 06:40 PM.


#10 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,861 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostRyan L Billz, on 30 January 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

haaaaaaa..............leave the better out and just use beyonce instead.............

such as

[over rated woman image here]
She's not all that bro.  There are many many better looking women.  And many of them actually sing, too.

View PostJinVA, on 30 January 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

"Bono was in an NFL conference room with Collins, Steeg, then-commissioner Paul Tagliabue, chief operating officer Roger Goodell and Patriots owner Robert Kraft"
WTF???
I just shook my head reading this.  What is the reason for that???

Edited by jboyst62, 30 January 2013 - 06:44 PM.


#11 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,258 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

View Postjboyst62, on 30 January 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:



I just shook my head reading this.  What is the reason for that???

Why not?

#12 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,861 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostNoSaint, on 30 January 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

Why not?
I meant why, what, how is Kraft there?!  It was just funny that the Pats end up playing in that Super Bowl.

Even funnier that the Boston Globe writer said it was the best half time show ever...

#13 JinVA

JinVA

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

View Postjboyst62, on 30 January 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

I meant why, what, how is Kraft there?!  It was just funny that the Pats end up playing in that Super Bowl.

Even funnier that the Boston Globe writer said it was the best half time show ever...

A few months later "the tuck rule" was invented .  Coincidence?  I think not.

#14 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,258 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

View Postjboyst62, on 30 January 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:


I meant why, what, how is Kraft there?!  It was just funny that the Pats end up playing in that Super Bowl.

Even funnier that the Boston Globe writer said it was the best half time show ever...

Kraft? You mean an owner that's one of the best planner/negotiators in the league and has a media background including being viacom/cbs board member helping to plan a halftime show that i dont recall but may have even been on CBS?

#15 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,861 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostNoSaint, on 30 January 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Kraft? You mean an owner that's one of the best planner/negotiators in the league and has a media background including being viacom/cbs board member helping to plan a halftime show that i dont recall but may have even been on CBS?
Yep.  I see it as a conflict of interest.  I do not care if he owned CBS and was the czar of TV, he had no business in that meeting, nor did any mediator.  I would be just as disappointed had the NFL thought about building a new studio so they brought in Arthur Blank...

#16 Best Player Available

Best Player Available

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostRyan L Billz, on 30 January 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

haaaaaaa..............leave the better out and just use beyonce instead.............

such as

Attachment beyonce.jpg
looks like a pricey boob job?

#17 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,258 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

View Postjboyst62, on 30 January 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:


Yep.  I see it as a conflict of interest.  I do not care if he owned CBS and was the czar of TV, he had no business in that meeting, nor did any mediator.  I would be just as disappointed had the NFL thought about building a new studio so they brought in Arthur Blank...

What about the half time band is related to his football interests? Explain the conflict and related detriments.

Certainly meetings where this could be true but "who do we get for halftime?" Really isn't that bad.

Edited by NoSaint, 30 January 2013 - 07:20 PM.


#18 Ryan L Billz

Ryan L Billz

    Mad Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostBest Player Available, on 30 January 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

looks like a pricey boob job?

im not sure but she sure is fine. guess my man boyst doesn't enjoy that brown sugar? haaaa

agree to disagree she's awesome.

Edited by Ryan L Billz, 30 January 2013 - 07:23 PM.


#19 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,861 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostNoSaint, on 30 January 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

What about the half time band is related to his football interests? Explain the conflict and related detriments.

Certainly meetings where this could be true but "who do we get for halftime?" Really isn't that bad.
Just too close to comfort, especially in hindsight, with all the possibilities that could come.  It's like putting a fat kid in a room with a cake, they might not eat it and it might not mean anything... but you just take notice.

#20 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,258 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

View Postjboyst62, on 30 January 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:


Just too close to comfort, especially in hindsight, with all the possibilities that could come.  It's like putting a fat kid in a room with a cake, they might not eat it and it might not mean anything... but you just take notice.

What is your cake for Kraft in this?