Jump to content


Clayton: Bills have interest in Michael Vick (re-signed w/Philly)


  • Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#1 Buftex

Buftex

    JIM KELLY: the reason for the seasons!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,615 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

FWIW:

http://wgr550.com/ES...an-Int/15478257

Personally, I think Clayton says a lot of stuff, just to have something to say..but whatever!

Edited by Beerball, 12 February 2013 - 07:02 AM.


#2 bobobonators

bobobonators

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

UGH.

#3 papazoid

papazoid

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,264 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

woof, there it is.....



#4 Dr. Trooth

Dr. Trooth

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Right. "He was told the Bills have an interest in Michael Vick".  Appaerently what wasn't mentioned is that it was the greeter at Walmart that gave him this inside gem.

#5 bobobonators

bobobonators

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

Vick has played, 10, 13, and 12 games the last 3 seasons.

he has played 16 games only once in 10 seasons..why would it be any different now at 33?

#6 billsoverdue

billsoverdue

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

The whole dog thing aside, I'd rather have him than Fitz.

#7 Jy Re

Jy Re

    Watch and learn, EJ

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,364 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:21 AM



#8 BuffBill

BuffBill

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

View Postbillsoverdue, on 08 February 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

The whole dog thing aside, I'd rather have him than Fitz.
I kinda agree.  I don't want VIck, but anyone with at least one functioning eye, even with all his injuries, turnovers and off the field stuff, can see he is still much better then Fitz, and twice the threat throwing and running.  Would prefer the third option if there is one, but of the two I would have to take Vick.

Edited by BuffBill, 08 February 2013 - 09:22 AM.


#9 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,062 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

View Postbobobonators, on 08 February 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

Vick has played, 10, 13, and 12 games the last 3 seasons.

he has played 16 games only once in 10 seasons..why would it be any different now at 33?

Because he'd be getting replaced by a rookie 8 weeks in this time? I can't imagine he'd be a long term plan.

#10 All_Pro_Bills

All_Pro_Bills

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

I have mixed feelings about the Bills bringing Vick on board but what this shows me is the team is willing to investigate and access all options available.  'Leave no stone unturned' so to speak..

Edited by All_Pro_Bills, 08 February 2013 - 09:28 AM.


#11 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,062 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostAll_Pro_Bills, on 08 February 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

I have mixed feelings about the Bills bringing Vick on board but what this shows me is the team is willing to investigate and access all options available.  Leave no stone un'turned' so to speak..

We were allegedly interested 3 years ago too so....

#12 nucci

nucci

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

Has Clayton ever been right about anything? Every year it seems someone says the Bills have interest in Vick.

#13 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

    Ladies' Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,392 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

Why do people think Vick is still a good QB?  The majority of his starts have been bad ones.  He had one 6 game strtech in Philly and other than that, he was average at best.  Vick isn't an upgrade over Fitz in any stretch of the imagination.

And clayton just plays connect the dots.  The Bills liked Vick at one point so they still must like him.  Nothing earth shattering.

#14 JPS

JPS

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

I heard the interview. Clayton was just throwing spaghetti on the fridge. It wasn't a bold assertion. He was just more or less saying the Bills had to do SOMETHING at QB and that Vick might be an option. Truly a groundbreaking, earth shattering revelation by a reporter as bored as we are.

#15 BobChalmers

BobChalmers

    UDFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostBuftex, on 08 February 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

FWIW:

http://wgr550.com/ES...an-Int/15478257

Personally, I think Clayton says a lot of stuff, just to have something to say..but whatever!

Yeah - the best news in this statement is that Clayton is rarely right, so I am hopeful the Bills aren't really that stupid.

#16 Mr. WEO

Mr. WEO

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,110 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostNoSaint, on 08 February 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

We were allegedly interested 3 years ago too so....

Yeah, really.  At least Vick was a viable option back then.  He's a totally broken, frail turnover machine at this point.

Let's bring him in!

#17 bobobonators

bobobonators

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostNoSaint, on 08 February 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

Because he'd be getting replaced by a rookie 8 weeks in this time? I can't imagine he'd be a long term plan.

obviously he's not a long term plan..

#18 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

    Ladies' Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,392 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostMr. WEO, on 08 February 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

Yeah, really.  At least Vick was a viable option back then.  He's a totally broken, frail turnover machine at this point.

Let's bring him in!

BUT HE WAS ON THE COVER OF MADDEN 2004!!!

#19 BuffBill

BuffBill

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostC.Biscuit97, on 08 February 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Why do people think Vick is still a good QB?  The majority of his starts have been bad ones.  He had one 6 game strtech in Philly and other than that, he was average at best.  Vick isn't an upgrade over Fitz in any stretch of the imagination.

And clayton just plays connect the dots.  The Bills liked Vick at one point so they still must like him.  Nothing earth shattering.
Not saying I want Vick, but not sure why people stretch the truth just to try to make a point or get people to agree with their opinion?  A 6 game stretch won't get you a Division Championship, a Pro Bowl selection and Comeback Player of the Year.  He has never thrown more picks then TD's, never led the league in interceptions like our mighty might has and has more rushing yards in his sleep then Fitz does in a career.  Is he what he used to be?  Not close, but what he is, is still more then what Fitz will ever be.  His biggest problem this past year was fumbles, way too many of them, but Fitz had his share also.  Vick had 11 fumbles and lost 5 of them, Fitz had 8 fumbles and lost 6 of them.  A big part of Vick's problems were his terrible offensive line (85 sacks the past 3 years-just think if he wasn't mobile), Fitz had a much better line in front of him, that isn't even arguable.

Edited by BuffBill, 08 February 2013 - 09:40 AM.


#20 PaattMaann

PaattMaann

    TBD's Resident Drunk

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostBuffBill, on 08 February 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

Not saying I want Vick, but not sure why people stretch the truth just to try to make a point or get people to agree with their opinion?  A 6 game stretch won't get you a Division Championship, a Pro Bowl selection and Comeback Player of the Year.  He has never thrown more picks then TD's, never led the league in interceptions like our mighty might has and has more rushing yards in his sleep then Fitz does in a career.  Is he what he used to be?  Not close, but what he is, is still more then what Fitz will ever be.  His biggest problem this past year was fumbles, way too many of them, but Fitz had his share also.  Vick had 11 fumbles and lost 5 of them, Fitz had 8 fumbles and lost 6 of them.  A big part of Vick's problems were his terrible offensive line (85 sacks the past 3 years-just think if he wasn't mobile), Fitz had a much better line in front of him, that isn't even arguable.

agreed on all fronts

first, its Clayton, hes probably just making this sheit up...

second, im open to bringing in 20 QBs not named Fitz

third, are any of the QBs in this draft ready to play from day one?