Jump to content


Update: Percy Harvin Traded to the Seahawks


  • Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    Read The FN Manuel

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,738 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

@nfl
Report: Vikings will actively pursue Percy Harvin trade - http://on.nfl.com/Harvinonmove

Interested?....Too injury prone?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz, 11 March 2013 - 12:10 PM.


#2 Whitewalker Merriman

Whitewalker Merriman

    Professional Kool-Aid Drinker

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

I've heard of him...F5!!!

But seriously, it may be worth looking into. He's not the prototypical #1 wideout by any means, but we're so thin at WR, and we won't be bringing Jones back that he might be worth it, warts and all.

EDIT: NOPE!!! I read the article, and they were talking about a $10 million per year to extend him. Considering the holes to fill all over, and his attitude, it's not worth it.

Edited by Whitewalker Merriman, 10 February 2013 - 06:17 PM.


#3 Coach Tuesday

Coach Tuesday

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Patriots.

#4 Rob's House

Rob's House

    I ain't no frickin monument to justice

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostWhitewalker Merriman, on 10 February 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

I've heard of him...F5!!!

But seriously, it may be worth looking into. He's not the prototypical #1 wideout by any means, but we're so thin at WR, and we won't be bringing Jones back that he might be worth it, warts and all.

EDIT: NOPE!!! I read the article, and they were talking about a $10 million per year to extend him. Considering the holes to fill all over, and his attitude, it's not worth it.
:censored:  I'd imagine you could get Bowe, Jennings, or Wallace for somewhere in that ballpark and not have to burn a pick. Whatever attributes Harvin may have on any of those guys he more than makes up for in injuries and attitude.

#5 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,288 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Loooong thread on him from when he was on the market last summer.

Guys a cancer. Say no.

#6 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    Read The FN Manuel

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,738 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostRob, on 10 February 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

:censored:  I'd imagine you could get Bowe, Jennings, or Wallace for somewhere in that ballpark and not have to burn a pick. Whatever attributes Harvin may have on any of those guys he more than makes up for in injuries and attitude.

UFAs get to choose their new destination.  Traded players do not.  Not that I'm in favor of Harvin given his injury history and being a PITA to deal with.

#7 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,288 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 10 February 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:



UFAs get to choose their new destination.  Traded players do not.  Not that I'm in favor of Harvin given his injury history and being a PITA to deal with.

Injuries perhaps overstated (migraines rarely kept him out, contrary to perception)

Pita is a huuuuuge understatement.

#8 Doc

Doc

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,629 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Let's see.  Can't stay healthy, hasn't eclipsed 1,000 yards or more than 6 TD's in a season, and has a bad attitude.  What's not to like?

#9 r00tabaga

r00tabaga

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Paaaaaaass.

#10 Frez

Frez

    Italian Sausage

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

I'll take him. We need playmakers! Our WR corp is WEAK!

Actually it's even worse than that!

Stevie Johnson  the work out warrior
David Nelson  coming off ACL surgery
Donald Jones  a goner and wasn't that good to start!

T.J. Graham   a promising young guy that had a lot of drops.
Brad Smith Not a WR in my eyes
Marcus Easley  garbage
Kevin Elliott who?
Chris Hogan who?

Edited by Frez, 10 February 2013 - 07:11 PM.


#11 KGun12TD

KGun12TD

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

I hope he goes to the Patsies, have a migraine and never play!

#12 KGun12TD

KGun12TD

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

Bowe or Alexander!

#13 KD in CT

KD in CT

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostDoc, on 10 February 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

Let's see.  Can't stay healthy, hasn't eclipsed 1,000 yards or more than 6 TD's in a season, and has a bad attitude.  What's not to like?

Yeah, but think how motivated he'll be with a new long term deal worth $10MM/year.

#14 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,288 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostKD in CT, on 10 February 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:



Yeah, but think how motivated he'll be with a new long term deal worth $10MM/year.

He certainly won't get the impression he can do whatever he wants and still reap huge rewards.

#15 ProbablyWrong

ProbablyWrong

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

I could put up with the attitude issues, but injuries and price (combined) make him too much of a risk for us.

#16 mjohns85

mjohns85

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Harvin does have some serious character issues which is why he is on the trading block.  Talent wise, he has elite speed and is a threat to score from anywhere.  You can look at his lack of huge numbers, but remember that A) Adrian Peterson is the focal point of their offense and B) look who he has had him throwing the ball.  If we signed him, he would be the best receiver we have had since Moulds. I would definitely be interested, but not at 10 mil/year.  I don't see any team forking over that kind of money for him, but he is definitely a play maker, and a game changer.

#17 Doc

Doc

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,629 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostFrez, on 10 February 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

I'll take him. We need playmakers! Our WR corp is WEAK!

Actually it's even worse than that!

Stevie Johnson  the work out warrior
David Nelson  coming off ACL surgery
Donald Jones  a goner and wasn't that good to start!

T.J. Graham   a promising young guy that had a lot of drops.
Brad Smith Not a WR in my eyes
Marcus Easley  garbage
Kevin Elliott who?
Chris Hogan who?
It's not that bad.  Stevie is a stud who would be putting up 1,300 yard seasons with a real QB, and working out would do nothing for his game.  By the time game 1 rolls around, it will have been a year since Nelson's injury.  The rest are fodder and the Bills will need to add another WR, which I believe they'll do in FA.

#18 CowgirlsFan

CowgirlsFan

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

Nope for the Bills or my Boys. Draft and develop is a better option.

#19 CardinalScotts

CardinalScotts

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

okay lets hear how great he is...so great they didnt want him

#20 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

he will be a patriot replacement and improvement over welker


or he will go to a spread option team and have a chance to run the ball more like he did at florida