Jump to content


Bills sign QB Aaron Corp


  • Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 mob16151

mob16151

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

View Postjag, on 14 February 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

I'd rather have the QB back who had the trick-shot video anyone remember who that was.
[It was Alex Tanney I believe]

He was on IR with the Chiefs all last season,which means theirs a decent chance the chiefs cut him,considering theirs a whole new regime there now.

#42 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

View Post#34fan, on 14 February 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

LOL! Aaron Corp's arm is SO DEAD, that if you poked it, Embalming fluid would spray you in the eyes.

Nice try Hackett....

But bringing in a TOTAL SCRUB to make Nassib look better in TC isn't going to work... Neither is scaring fans into accepting your TERRIBLE college athlete.

I've always thought Nassib was bad... Now I'm sure of it. -What's worse, now I know that you're aware of it too.

Shame on you for pulling a stunt like this!  What you're doing COULD NOT be more obvious.

View Post#34fan, on 14 February 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

What a total SET-UP!

Why not bring back Vince Young or Levi Brown?

Because neither of those guys are bad enough to make Nassib look good!

Somebody at OBD needs to put their foot down on this nonsense. As a fan, I shouldn't have to suffer for some ill-advised promise made to an untalented prospect!

I'm so mad right now, I could change my avatar!

And what are your thoughts on the Kennedy Assassination?

9/11 ?

View PostDr. Trooth, on 14 February 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

Dudes....  CHILL!!  Bills are just doing their job.  They take 85 to camp. 32 of them end up being fodder.  Corp is one of em.  

I'm damn certain that every team in the NFL does this. That's how all teams end up with 85 in camp.

I think the problem people have with this is that it's hard to believe that this guy is worthy of even being camp fodder.

But I guess a fourth stringer is a fourth stringer.

#43 Meark

Meark

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

I didn't see this posted..



#44 #34fan

#34fan

    Hate to say I told you so... Especially since I didn't.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

I expect we'll be light a couple of QB's by the end of next week. Smith.... Thigpen... Fitz... Jackson... I don't know who, but somebody's getting their walking papers.

Accuse me of jumping the shark all you want.

If I were trying to sell my less-than-talented first round QB, this is EXACTLY how I would go about doing it. -Cut down my roster, and then surround my gleaming prospect with training camp shrubbery.

Flame me all you want. If I'm wrong about this then GREAT! I would be positively ecstatic if none of this came to pass.  -However, this reeks of a scam. I'd like to hear the reason for signing this dead-arm kid to our roster.

#45 MRW

MRW

    Wannabe chessboxer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

View Post#34fan, on 15 February 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

I expect we'll be light a couple of QB's by the end of next week. Smith.... Thigpen... Fitz... Jackson... I don't know who, but somebody's getting their walking papers.

Accuse me of jumping the shark all you want.

If I were trying to sell my less-than-talented first round QB, this is EXACTLY how I would go about doing it. -Cut down my roster, and then surround my gleaming prospect with training camp shrubbery.

Flame me all you want. If I'm wrong about this then GREAT! I would be positively ecstatic if none of this came to pass.  -However, this reeks of a scam. I'd like to hear the reason for signing this dead-arm kid to our roster.
Jackson and Thigpen are FAs,  Smith is not a QB.  In a month this team will have one QB under contract,  Therefore, it's a good idea to get someone signed.

I hope when you sober up you can look back on your posts and laugh.

#46 #34fan

#34fan

    Hate to say I told you so... Especially since I didn't.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

View PostMRW, on 15 February 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

Jackson and Thigpen are FAs,  Smith is not a QB.  In a month this team will have one QB under contract,  Therefore, it's a good idea to get someone signed.

I hope when you sober up you can look back on your posts and laugh.

FTR, I hope so too... I hope like hell that all you guys are right, and I'm dead wrong, overeacting, off my meds, etc.

#47 ganesh

ganesh

    You can do things on a football field that are severely illegal

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,820 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

View Postfansince88, on 14 February 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Lasted a total of 17 days with the Bills. hmmmm
Gailey doesn't know how to evaluate QBs....There I said It....

#48 JPS

JPS

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,636 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

View Post#34fan, on 15 February 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

I expect we'll be light a couple of QB's by the end of next week. Smith.... Thigpen... Fitz... Jackson... I don't know who, but somebody's getting their walking papers.

Accuse me of jumping the shark all you want.

If I were trying to sell my less-than-talented first round QB, this is EXACTLY how I would go about doing it. -Cut down my roster, and then surround my gleaming prospect with training camp shrubbery.

Flame me all you want. If I'm wrong about this then GREAT! I would be positively ecstatic if none of this came to pass.  -However, this reeks of a scam. I'd like to hear the reason for signing this dead-arm kid to our roster.
i'm not flaming you, but not even I think this is a reasonably possible plan. It starts with us drafting Nassib..

#49 ganesh

ganesh

    You can do things on a football field that are severely illegal

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,820 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

View PostJPS, on 15 February 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

i'm not flaming you, but not even I think this is a reasonably possible plan. It starts with us drafting Nassib..

Ogletree in the 1st and EJ Manuel in the 2nd.

#50 maddenboy

maddenboy

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

why cant it just be a move to throw teams off the scent?  That we are drafting a qb with our first pick, and maybe trading up for one.

#51 Dean Cain

Dean Cain

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

Fitz getting cut soon.

#52 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

    Making It Flow Backwards

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,435 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

View Postmitchmurraydowntown, on 14 February 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

Jolly?

Richard?  And throw in his pal Hammerstein for good measure!

Who knows, maybe the Bills will put it all together and have a Cinderella season!

Get it done Dougie!  Drive it home w/one headlight!

#53 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

    BERSERKER

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,676 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

View PostDoc, on 14 February 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

The Bills signed him as an UDFA last year and cut him the next month.

Championship!

#54 Whitewalker Merriman

Whitewalker Merriman

    Professional Kool-Aid Drinker

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostMRW, on 15 February 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

Jackson and Thigpen are FAs,  Smith is not a QB.  In a month this team will have one QB under contract,  Therefore, it's a good idea to get someone signed.

I hope when you sober up you can look back on your posts and laugh.
+1. This.

I don't think ANYONE suspects that Corp is going to be a starter. From what the cap reports are saying, Fitz is likely too big of a hit to simply cut, and we're likely to take a QB in the draft. Jackson and Thigpen are gone, and Marrone has zero reason to try to keep them. This is picking up a dirt cheap third stringer.

#55 3 --> 10 Connection

3 --> 10 Connection

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

All part of Buddy’s plan.  Had we cut him after training camp last year, another team may have swooped in and grabbed him.  So Buddy being the savvy GM that he is figured he’d cut the guy in May so no one would think he was worth a damn allowing us to bring him back in this year.  Pure genius!!!!  :thumbsup:

Seriously, this is just a camp thing and is no different than all the other scrubs being signed around the league this time of year.  They were out of the league last year and 99.9999% of them will be out of the league again next year.  It may even just be a minicamp thing since Fitz is the only QB currently under contract…we gotta make sure we have some guys to throw during spring ball.

Edited by cnico, 15 February 2013 - 09:57 AM.


#56 Edwards' Arm

Edwards' Arm

    Mysterious owl

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,834 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

I wish more people in this thread would employ Occam's razor. The simplest explanation of this signing is this:

1) It's Buddy's job to add talent to the roster.
2) The Bills currently have no backup quarterbacks
3) If Corp works out well, he'll beat out enough other potential backup QBs to secure a spot on the roster
4) If Corp doesn't work out, the Bills lose nothing

Let's say there's only a 5% chance of outcome 3) occurring. The more 5% chances Buddy gives himself, the more likely he is to have something good happen. It's not like Buddy is the only GM doing this. All GMs around the league will expand their rosters to the maximum allowable 80+ size; and almost all of those additional players will end up camp fodder when rosters are reduced down to 53.

#57 Bills Fan since '64

Bills Fan since '64

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostEdwards, on 15 February 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:


I wish more people in this thread would employ Occam's razor. The simplest explanation of this signing is this:

1) It's Buddy's job to add talent to the roster.
2) The Bills currently have no backup quarterbacks
3) If Corp works out well, he'll beat out enough other potential backup QBs to secure a spot on the roster
4) If Corp doesn't work out, the Bills lose nothing

Let's say there's only a 5% chance of outcome 3) occurring. The more 5% chances Buddy gives himself, the more likely he is to have something good happen. It's not like Buddy is the only GM doing this. All GMs around the league will expand their rosters to the maximum allowable 80+ size; and almost all of those additional players will end up camp fodder when rosters are reduced down to 53.
Wow, you got famous for that http://en.wikipedia....zor#In_football

Edited by PrestonRidlehuber, 15 February 2013 - 10:58 AM.


#58 Dibs

Dibs

    Myth Buster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostPrestonRidlehuber, on 15 February 2013 - 10:56 AM, said:

[size=4]
Wow, you got famous for that http://en.wikipedia....zor#In_football
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

#59 Edwards' Arm

Edwards' Arm

    Mysterious owl

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,834 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostPrestonRidlehuber, on 15 February 2013 - 10:56 AM, said:

[size=4]
Wow, you got famous for that http://en.wikipedia....zor#In_football

:D

#60 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

I thought it was called Occam's Shaver?