Jump to content


Little Girl Singing National Anthems


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dante

Dante

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

At todays Pitt/Sabre game was fantastic! Much better performance than the Sabres so far. Doe's she appear at games often or only for this national telecast?
Also almost seems like a Penguin home game with all the fans cheering when they score.

#2 Teen Insight

Teen Insight

    Two HOFs

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

She sang a few weeks ago for the sabres, i think the first game against Ottawa.

#3 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,017 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostDante, on 17 February 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

At todays Pitt/Sabre game was fantastic! Much better performance than the Sabres so far. Doe's she appear at games often or only for this national telecast?
Also almost seems like a Penguin home game with all the fans cheering when they score.

I am a Pens fan, and was listening to the game on the radio--seemed like a home crowd.

Penguins seem to own Ryan Miller.

#4 Offsides Number 76

Offsides Number 76

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostJR In Ann Arbor, on 17 February 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

I am a Pens fan, and was listening to the game on the radio--seemed like a home crowd.

Penguins seem to own Ryan Miller.

There were probably 4000 there who either were Pens fans or Crosby fans (there are a lot of Canadians who come just to watch him; they'd be rooting for Phoenix if that's where he played).

The Penguins don't own Ryan Miller, but Crosby sure does.  Today, though, it wasn't Miller's fault at all.

#5 ChevyVanMiller

ChevyVanMiller

    All-World

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

http://video.sabres....bed-share-video

Link to the American anthem is below the vid.(under the 02/07/13 Buf/Mtl highlights)

Edited by ChevyVanMiller, 17 February 2013 - 09:26 PM.


#6 drinkTHEkoolaid

drinkTHEkoolaid

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostOffsides Number 76, on 17 February 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:



There were probably 4000 there who either were Pens fans or Crosby fans (there are a lot of Canadians who come just to watch him; they'd be rooting for Phoenix if that's where he played).

The Penguins don't own Ryan Miller, but Crosby sure does.  Today, though, it wasn't Miller's fault at all.

This.

And damn that little girl has some talent

#7 dib

dib

    Stupid should hurt

  • Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,466 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostTeen Insight, on 17 February 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

She sang a few weeks ago for the sabres, i think the first game against Ottawa.

She's a pariah.  When she sings the sabres lose.

Oh wait....................

#8 jaybee

jaybee

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

She is from Wayne County if its who I'm thinking you saw.  Just east of Rochester.  Talented little crumb snatcher fer sher.
===========================================================

http://rochester.ynn...ational-anthem/

A Wayne County girl has been making a name for herself with some recent memorable performances, including a jaw-dropping rendition of the National Anthem at Thursday night's Sabres game.

Just talking with Baylee is an experience in itself. The eight-year-old is funny, articulate and full of energy, but her voice is at an octave well beyond her years and sports organizations throughout the state are taking notice.

The singing that echoes throughout the Morrison-Duncan house has become a melody the family has gotten quite used to.

Baylee's mom Bonnie Morrison says, "Constantly, in the car, in the house."

As Baylee Morrison hits notes so high many are simply left in awe.

"I sing everywhere," says Baylee...

jb

Edited by Beerball, 18 February 2013 - 02:32 PM.


#9 MarkyMannn

MarkyMannn

    UDFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

She did the anthem for teh Montreal game 2/7

#10 PaattMaann

PaattMaann

    TBD's Resident Drunk

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

my wife and I were floored by her...good for her....

#11 BillsFanM.D.

BillsFanM.D.

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

I love seeing this type of story.  Just pure talent...and a cute kid as well.  Good for her.

#12 Offsides Number 76

Offsides Number 76

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

View Postjaybee, on 18 February 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

She is from Wayne County if its who I'm thinking you saw.  Just east of Rochester.  Talented little crumb snatcher fer sher.
===========================================================

http://rochester.ynn...ational-anthem/

A Wayne County girl has been making a name for herself with some recent memorable performances, including a jaw-dropping rendition of the National Anthem at Thursday night's Sabres game.

Just talking with Baylee is an experience in itself. The eight-year-old is funny, articulate and full of energy, but her voice is at an octave well beyond her years and sports organizations throughout the state are taking notice.

The singing that echoes throughout the Morrison-Duncan house has become a melody the family has gotten quite used to.

Baylee's mom Bonnie Morrison says, "Constantly, in the car, in the house."

As Baylee Morrison hits notes so high many are simply left in awe.

"I sing everywhere," says Baylee...

jb

I read the article.  I've heard her sing.  And I'm a former singer.

Perfect pitch?  No.  Relative pitch?  Better than most.

Very talented, with the courage that only a child has?  Absolutely.  I'll root for her to make it bigtime.