taC giB ehT, on 28 February 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:
With Barnett, McGee, Wilson and Kelsay gone, the Bills have now parted ways with former captains and chief contributors/defensive leaders from the past half-decade. I started this thread because as I look at where we are RIGHT NOW, it's tough to determine where leadership will come from.
More importantly to the re-build, it's tough to determine what the Bills' identity
will be--something that's alluded them since...2004, I guess?
Right now the Bills have a whopping 21 defensive players under contract for next season. Take a look at who we got and let me know what you think, because I think it's going to be a tough year for this unit:
Corner Backs (5)
- Ron Brooks
- Crezdon Butler
- Justin Rogers
- Aaron Williams
- Stephon Gilmore (though he's listed as a DB on bb.com)
Defensive Backs (3)
- TJ Heath
- Mana Silva
- Da'Norris Searcy
Defensive Ends (2)
- Mark Anderson
- Mario Williams
Defensive Tackles (5)
- Alex Carrington
- Marcell Dareus
- Jay Ross
- Torell Troup
- Kyle Williams
- Kelvin Sheppard
- Nigel Bradham
- Greg Lloyd
- Arthur Moats
- Kirk Morrison
- Chris White
A few thoughts:
First, thanks for posting this.
1) with all the cutting of "dead weight" how is Troupe still on the team?! Low cost?
2) We have Greg Lloyd at LB!!! (I posted that as a joke, but then googled it and he is actually the son of the
Greg Lloyd. http://en.wikipedia....Greg_Lloyd,_Jr.
3) I think we solve two of the problems at OLB/CB, or DB in FA by getting: Kuger (sp) from Balt, CB Lewis from PIT, and/or Landry from NYJ. Perhaps also Bart Scott from the Jets for 1-2 years. And we sign/tag Byrd.
4) I think we draft a OLB/DE either in the first round (Dion Jordan), or second-third round (Hunt, SMU).
There do appear to be a lot of holes, but by draft day the picture will be much clearer. I've given up on even doing a mock draft until I know what we get in FA.
Edited by RyanC883, 28 February 2013 - 09:50 AM.