ScottLaw

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Below is a twitter from Chris Brown

Via Twitter:
@ChrisBrownBills: @caggiano_ Yeah bigger issue is #Bills brass is on road scouting pro days. Hard to hold FA visits right now."

I realize this is another thread of misery on the state of the organization, but this is actually kind've funny. Just another example of how upside down we are....

#2 westside

westside

Carpe Diem!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

Don't worry, calm down. They have a plan.

#3 Coach Tuesday

Coach Tuesday

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,210 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Amazing.

#4 Erik

Erik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Actually that's the one thing they are doing right.  They are all hands on deck making sure that they pick the right QB in the draft.  They are in a position where they have to overpay for free agents until they get that franchise QB in.  So worry about the QB first and foremost.  I have no issues with that part.  We definitely have holes to fill though.

#5 jaybee

jaybee

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

This useless tidbit right here locks it in for me.  Fella's I'm otta here.  Very few real fans here.

#6 Dr. Trooth

Dr. Trooth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostScottLaw, on 15 March 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

Below is a twitter from Chris Brown

Via Twitter:
@ChrisBrownBills: @caggiano_ Yeah bigger issue is #Bills brass is on road scouting pro days. Hard to hold FA visits right now."

I realize this is another thread of misery on the state of the organization, but this is actually kind've funny. Just another example of how upside down we are....

So what?  

#7 Kelly the Dog

Kelly the Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,300 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

Frankly, i don't believe that for a second. That sounds like Brown being clueless or just making excuses for the inactivity. If Nix and/or Whaley had to be back in Buff to schmooze a FA they could have easily done so. Not to mention that once a guy is in town, they can and would meet with the coaches and coordinators and Brandon and Overdorf who does contracts. Buddy and Whaley's job is to identify players and call their agents and find out mutual interest and get them into town. Every other team seemed pretty active. I'm calling BS on that excuse.

#8 Meathead

Meathead

certified meatrosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

OMG WITH 175 DAYS LEFT IN FREE AGENCY THE BILLS HAVE ONLY SIGNED ONE GUY SO ITS TOTALLY REASONABLE THAT IM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT TOTALLY

#9 Max997

Max997

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,771 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

I guess this means no other teams are scouting pro days bc no one else seems to be running into this problem

If they wanted a FA bad enough they could just fly them to wherever they are so this is a lame excuse

Edited by Max997, 15 March 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#10 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

TBD's franchise poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,233 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Why are the Bills wasting time scouting pro days. They should be running an open buffet at Tempo for free agents who don't wasn't to come here.

PTR

#11 ScottLaw

ScottLaw

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostDr. Trooth, on 15 March 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

So what?  

I thought it was funny thats what. Chris Brown hints the Bills front office is incapable of doing two things at once.

#12 Lincoln Osiris

Lincoln Osiris

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

We gotta stop making excuses as to why they aren't finding a way to do what they need to do to make the team better. I mean c'mon, i'm not freaking out or anything but that's really not acceptable.

#13 Billsguy

Billsguy

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostScottLaw, on 15 March 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

I thought it was funny thats what. Chris Brown hints the Bills front office is incapable of doing two things at once.

Give the Bills time - they will be over-paying for mediocre free agents very soon!

#14 bbb

bbb

UDFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

I like it.  The "hard to get" method.

#15 Coach Tuesday

Coach Tuesday

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,210 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostKelly the Dog, on 15 March 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Frankly, i don't believe that for a second. That sounds like Brown being clueless or just making excuses for the inactivity. If Nix and/or Whaley had to be back in Buff to schmooze a FA they could have easily done so. Not to mention that once a guy is in town, they can and would meet with the coaches and coordinators and Brandon and Overdorf who does contracts. Buddy and Whaley's job is to identify players and call their agents and find out mutual interest and get them into town. Every other team seemed pretty active. I'm calling BS on that excuse.

You have to admit, for that to come out of the (tweet) of the team's own reporter is pretty extraordinary.  They have had quite the media week...

#16 Kelly the Dog

Kelly the Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,300 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostCoach Tuesday, on 15 March 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

You have to admit, for that to come out of the (tweet) of the team's own reporter is pretty extraordinary.  They have had quite the media week...
I used to think that Chris Brown wouldn't say certain things unless he knew something. Over the past year and a half, I have read quite a few things from him that lead me to believe they barely talk to him about what's going on with the team, and that since he is close to them he knows some stuff, but that a lot of it is just speculation on his part rather than inner knowledge or company spokesperson.

#17 GG

GG

Exit 151

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,517 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostKelly the Dog, on 15 March 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

It's one of those things that no matter what the explanation, it doesn't look good.

#18 Meathead

Meathead

certified meatrosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 15 March 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

Why are the Bills wasting time scouting pro days. They should be running an open buffet at Tempo for free agents who don't wasn't to come here.

PTR

finally someone talking some sense

#19 Kkspike

Kkspike

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

It's 800 maple now.

#20 Kelly the Dog

Kelly the Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,300 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostGG, on 15 March 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

It's one of those things that no matter what the explanation, it doesn't look good.
That is very true.

In fact, I was thinking that Brandon was bitch-slapping Brown this afternoon and yelling, "What the hell were you thinking, tweeting that?! We got enough morons and problems around here!"