Jump to content


Josh Johnson?


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Buffaloed in Pa

Buffaloed in Pa

    CLEAN PLAYER

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Just saw on a site that said USA today is reporting ,the Bills have interest in QB Josh Johnson.

#2 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,288 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

Would be reasonable in a backup/third sting with a rookie type role

#3 SoggyHog

SoggyHog

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

Finally!  F5!  F5!!!!

#4 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,908 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

Really dont know much about him other than he lost out to Kaepernick in SF for he backup role last year

#5 Buffaloed in Pa

Buffaloed in Pa

    CLEAN PLAYER

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostCaptain Hindsight, on 17 March 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

Really dont know much about him other than he lost out to Kaepernick in SF for he backup role last year
Didn`t he play for Tampa Bay at one time ?

#6 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,288 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostCaptain Hindsight, on 17 March 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

Really dont know much about him other than he lost out to Kaepernick in SF for he backup role last year

Similar tools to Jackson.

Could likely run the scout team (especially with read option stuff)

With good coaching could likely be a good not great player in a pinch

View PostBuffaloed in Pa, on 17 March 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Didn`t he play for Tampa Bay at one time ?

Yup

#7 Griff28

Griff28

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

He's also Marshawn's cousin.  Think he'll give Buffalo a solid recommendation?

#8 Max997

Max997

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,441 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

Wasn't he traded to the Blue Jays as part of the Marlins most recent dump?

#9 BRAWNDO

BRAWNDO

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

Stats are not overly impressive.

http://www.nfl.com/p...son/264/profile

#10 Floridabillsfan1

Floridabillsfan1

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

He doesn't look any better than Brad Smith IMO .  If there interest in him is true it shows what they are looking for in there QBs .  Mobile and athletic .  So we can stop any talk about Glennon at least .

#11 KD in CT

KD in CT

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostMax997, on 17 March 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Wasn't he traded to the Blue Jays as part of the Marlins most recent dump?

LOL....first thing I thought of too.    I didn't even know there was a football player by that name.

#12 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Josh is an Oakland kid.

He was recruited by Harbaugh to play at the University of San Diego, a Division I-AA school where he had a great college career. I believe he was undrafted though.

I know all this because my nephew was classmates with Josh. In spite of this, I've never seen him play.

#13 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,908 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostSan Jose Bills Fan, on 17 March 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

Josh is an Oakland kid.

He was recruited by Harbaugh to play at the University of San Diego, a Division I-AA school where he had a great college career. I believe he was undrafted though.

I know all this because my nephew was classmates with Josh. In spite of this, I've never seen him play.
He was a 5th round pick FWIW

#14 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

Danke^^^

#15 #34fan

#34fan

    Hate to say I told you so... Especially since I didn't.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

He's Better than Aaron Corp... Still, IF TRUE, it just underscores Buddy's bargain basement/swap-meet approach to team building...  Wow... On the bright side, the foundation he's gotten from Harbaugh means he should EASILY beat out Nassib for the start. That's IF we make the mistake of drafting the orangeman in the first place.

#16 reddogblitz

reddogblitz

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

Heaven help us.  I guess Buddy likes the tall guys that can't pass.  6'3", just like Tuel Time.

#17 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,288 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

View Post#34fan, on 17 March 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

He's Better than Aaron Corp... Still, IF TRUE, it just underscores Buddy's bargain basement/swap-meet approach to team building...  Wow... On the bright side, the foundation he's gotten from Harbaugh means he should EASILY beat out Nassib for the start. That's IF we make the mistake of drafting the orangeman in the first place.

Your not just complaining about the backup qb we haven't signed but griping about the competition between he and a qb we haven't drafted either....

#18 #34fan

#34fan

    Hate to say I told you so... Especially since I didn't.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

View PostNoSaint, on 18 March 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

Your not just complaining about the backup qb we haven't signed but griping about the competition between he and a qb we haven't drafted either....

Your time online should REALLY be spent trying to earn a GED. -JMO.

#19 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,288 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

View Post#34fan, on 18 March 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:



Your time online should REALLY be spent trying to earn a GED. -JMO.

Ill take that into consideration.

If we end up rumored to sign kolb, trade for mallett and draft bray what does your depth chart look like and what kind of complaints will you lob at each qb, as well as the front office? Are there any coaches that they had 5-7 years ago that will really set them apart? Does corp get cut?

Edited by NoSaint, 18 March 2013 - 01:50 AM.


#20 #34fan

#34fan

    Hate to say I told you so... Especially since I didn't.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

View PostNoSaint, on 18 March 2013 - 01:48 AM, said:

Ill take that into consideration.

If we end up rumored to sign kolb, trade for mallett and draft bray what does your depth chart look like and what kind of complaints will you lob at each qb, as well as the front office? Are there any coaches that they had 5-7 years ago that will really set them apart? Does corp get cut?

:lol: Depends.