2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Geno Smith / QB / WVU - Despite a ringing "endorsement" of Blaine Gabbert, Jacksonville sent everyone they employed to Geno's Pro Day at WVU and then met with him there also. Gabbert is not the answer and they are just trying to dance around that fact until they bring someone else in, like Geno Smith with the #2 pick.
3. Oakland Raiders - Dee Milliner / CB / Alabama - This is where it begins to get a bit tricky. Oakland has so many holes at so many places they could basically take anyone here and it would make sense. They need someone to match up with Malcolm Floyd, Demaryius Thomas, and Dwayne Bowe twice a year. Their secondary is pretty horrendous right now. I think they take the best CB in this year's draft.
4. Philadelphia Eagles - Sharrif Floyd / DT / Florida - Floyd has been heralded as possibly being the best player in the entire draft. The Eagles are flipping to a 3-4 defense and Floyd looks to be a do everything DE that will remind many of a young Richard Seymour. They are kind of disappointed for not being able to get Milliner here, but Floyd is a nice consolation.
5. Detroit Lions - Eric Fisher / OT / Central Michigan - They lost one OT in FA and another to retirement. Unless they want to have Stafford land on IR they will draft one of the top tier LT's on the board. Lane Johnson is a possibility here, as well as one of the top pass rushers available, but I see them taking the Michigan raised Fisher to keep Stafford upright in the pocket.
6. Cleveland Browns - Jarvis Jones / LB / Georgia - You really think that Cleveland will draft another OLB after just getting Kruger and Groves? Yes I do. Horton is going to put together a ferocious, attacking defense to make QB's loathe playing the Browns for the foreseeable future. The pick will either be Dion Jordan or Jarvis Jones and, imo, Jones is definitely the better prospect.
7. Arizona Cardinals - Matt Barkley / QB / USC - Arians love of Barkley hasn't been hidden very well and they will scoop him up @ #7 faster than a local law enforcement employee grabs a fresh box of Krispy Kreme.
8. Buffalo Bills - Cordarrelle Patterson / WR / Tennessee - Lord knows Stevie needs some help and I think he will get atleast two, if not three, potential cadidates from this draft. Patterson is the best WR in this draft and should be an immediate impact player, depending on who is getting him the football, along the lines of AJ Green. They are almost identical in size and possess the same traits on the field. With the top two QB's off the board Buffalo will make this pick to improve the offense at another skill position.
9. New York Jets - Ezekiel Ansah / DE / BYU - How old is this guy anyway? I can't find a website that shows his dob. The Jets draft a 30 year old DE/OLB from BYU to cause problems for AFC East QB's for the next 4 years and then he will retire at the the age of 34 when someone finally produces a birth certificate from the state of Hawaii. Kidding, just kidding. Ansah is undoubtedly a gifted athlete and the Jets will pounce @ #9. They could select Dion Jordan, but I think Rex will shy away from the more slender of the two prospects. Ansah has the same great length and athletecism, only he's about 30lbs heavier.
10. Tennessee Titans - Bjoern Werner / DE / Florida St. - The Titans need more help along the defensive line from guys who can get after the QB. They didn't expect to see him on the board here and move quickly to take him off of it.
11. San Diego Chargers - Lane Johnson / OT / Oklahoma - Gaither will be moved back to RT and Lane Johnson will now protect Phillip Rivers' blindside. You don't know what you will get from Gaither health wise and the Chargers look to the future here by taking the top LT prospect on the board.
12. Miami Dolphins - Desmond Trufant / CB / Washington - The Dolphins went on a gigantic spending spree in FA and have only a few holes left to fill via the draft. CB is one of those holes and it is a toss up between Xavier Rhodes and Desmond Trufant as to who is the 2nd best CB in this draft. I just feel that Trufant is a little more fluid on the field and that the Dolphins will take him over Rhodes here.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Xavier Rhodes / CB / Florida St. - Tampa's secondary was outright awful this past season. They signed Goldson in FA to team up with Mark Barron @ S, but are still in need of a couple of CB's. They were trying to get Revis, but won't surrender this pick right here for him. Something may still possibly be worked out between the two teams, but it is uncertain at this time. Rhodes will be a day 1 starter and should be an upgrade over what their fans saw on the field last year.
14. Carolina Panthers - Star Lotulelei / DT / Utah - Regarded as one of the top players in the draft, but his fall is due to medical concerns over his heart condition. The Panthers need all kinds of help along that defensive front and Star will step right in and should be able to live up to his first name if healthy.
15. New Orleans Saints - Kenny Vaccaro / S / Texas - Vaccaro is another from along the lines of Earl Thomas a couple years back in Safeties from Texas. He will be an immediate upgrade over what they have in Roman Harper and Malcolm Jenkins. Really has the chance to be a special player in this league.
16. St. Louis Rams - Dion Jordan / LB / Oregon - This can be seen as a bit of a fall for Jordan, but he really doesn't have the size of the pass rushers who went before him at the moment. He will probably bulk up a bit after getting past the shoulder surgery. He is athletically gifted enough that Jeff Fisher believes he can use him on the football field @ OLB. Good choice by the Rams.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Demontre Moore / DE / Texas A&M - The Steelers are a team in need of someone to fill James Harrison's spot and apparently there is not much confidence in Jason Worilds to step into that role. Moore is explosive off the edge and has good length, but could use about another 10-15lbs of muscle added to his 6'4" frame and some coaching on technique. If anyone can coach a defensive player it is Dick LeBeau, the wieght room work will be on him.
18. Dallas Cowboys - Chance Warmack / OG / Alabama - Argueably one of the best players in the entire draft, fills an immediate need for the Cowboys on their OL, and Jerry Jones gets him @ pick #18? He will surely be patting himself on the back after this one.
19. New York Giants - D.J. Fluker / OT / Alabama - The Giants need help at the RT spot. They re-signed Beatty for the LT position to sure that up and now take Fluker to do the same for the right side. Needs to be coached up a bit on his pass protection technique, but is an absolute mauler in the run game.
20. Chicago Bears - Johnathan Cooper / OG / UNC - Chicago's whole OL could use a makeover. They already signed Jermon Bushrod from the Saints and now they take the best interior OL'man on the board. Jay Cutler shakes the GM's hand and says "Thank you".
21. Cincinnatti Bengals - Barkevious Mingo / LB / LSU - They let go of Rey Maualuga and Manny Lawson signed with us in FA. Mingo will step right into the starting lineup and Marvin Lewis will coach him on the finer points of the game on defense. Great value pick for the Bengals here.
22. Washington Redskins - Matt Elam / S / Florida - The weakest position on the Redskins' defense is Safety. They need a FS and a SS. Elam is a playmaker, big time hitter, and fills a position of need. He will start the process of solidifying that defensive backfield.
23. Minnesota Vikings - Sheldon Richardson / DT / Missouri - Sheldon Richardson will tell you he is the best DT in this draft and should be considered for the #1 overall pick. You have to love his confidence and the Vikings will love having him beside Kevin Williams on the interior of their DL. He is too good of a player to pass up @ this point in the draft.
24. Indianapolis Colts - Johnathan Jenkins / DT / Georgia - The Colts need a mainstay @ NT for their 3-4 defense and Johnathan Jenkins is a mamouth man in the middle @ 6'3", 360lbs. There aren't too many people that can honestly say they have pushed this guy around. He will consistently take up two blockers on the interior of that DL making an opportunity for others to make plays on defense.
25. Seattle Seahawks - Menelik Watson / OT / Florida St. - The Seahawks are going to have an incredible team next year if everyone gets together on the same page and that defense gels. One place that they do need an upgrade though is at RT. Most of the times that Wilson was running for his life it was due to the fact that Breno Giacomini couldn't block anyone. Watson is a gifted player with quick feet and athletecism that either you have or you don't. He is as effective as they come in the run game. He will be an upgrade.
26. Green Bay Packers - Eddie Lacy / RB / Alabama - After missing out in the Steven Jackson sweepstakes the Packers make a move to draft their RB of the future. Lacy has size, power, good feet, and enough speed to be a really good RB in the NFL. He reminds me a lot of Marshawn Lynch. Green Bay hopes he plays on the field like him as well.
27. Houston Texans - Tayvon Austin / WR / WVU - The Texans are still in search of a WR to split out across from Andre Johnson. Austin is the most dynamic playmaker in this year's draft. A Desean Jackson type of player, only hopefully without the antics.
28. Denver Broncos - Alex Okafor / DE / Texas - This pick would not be made had it not been for the Dumervil fiasco, but the Broncos still get and excellent young talent in Okafor. The #11 pick in this draft, Lane Johnson / OT / Oklahoma, said he was the best pass rusher he's ever faced.
29. New England Patriots - Johnathan Hankins / DT / Ohio St. - With the ability to play DT in the four man fronts and DE/NT in the 3-4 Hankins fills a couple of needs for the Pats*. He's a good player and will fit right in along that defensive front, likely starting week 1.
30. Atlanta Falcons - Tyler Eifert / TE / Notre Dame - The rich get richer. After having the greatest TE of all time to throw passes to for the last few years, now Matt Ryan will have a young, elite prospect @ TE who will get to learn the game behind the greatest of all time and then come into his own when Tony rides off into the sunset.
31. San Francisco 49ers - Jonathan Cyprien / S / Florida International - They lost Goldson in FA and I know I'm not the only one who was laughing at Whitner while he was getting toasted in the Super Bowl by Anquan Boldin. Well, the 49ers didn't find it as amusing as the rest of us and are drafting to make amends.
32. Baltimore Ravens - Alec Ogeltree / LB / Georgia - Well, one criminal just retired and now they will replace him with another. Kidding, just kidding. Ray Lewis was the greatest LB I have ever had the privlige to watch play football. Ellerbe got his ring, his money, and took his talents to South Beach. That leaves a gaping hole in the middle of that defense. Ogeltree will be a day 1 starter and has the looks of being a good ILB in the NFL. He is tough against the run and solid in pass coverage. They will make sure he walks the straight and narrow in Baltimore. Good player, good fit, and fills a need for the Ravens' defense.
Edited by H2o, 17 March 2013 - 01:14 PM.