As you can see, he's a below average player. His TD/INT ratio is nearly 1-1, and his lifetime rating is 77.7. His advanced QB rating is 91, which is weak (100 is average). What really sticks out is his sack ratio - 7.8 percent. That's quite poor.
Here is his scouting report from when he came out of college: http://www.cbssports...torical/1107218
A couple of things to note:
1) He's from Montgomery, AL, which is 142.71 miles from where Nix was born: Carbon Hill, AL (incidentally, Nix went to Talladega High School).
2) He started out at the U of Arkansas (SEC!!) but left after a year, returning to his hometown of Montgomery.
3) His completion rate in college was 54.5 percent.
4) He apparently has a very strong arm.
5) He took a lot of sacks in college, a trend which has certainly continued in the pros.
6) He was a second round pick, but barely. He was the last pick of the second round (64th overall).
Edited by dave mcbride, 18 March 2013 - 10:10 AM.