Jump to content


Is Kyle Williams going to undergo surgery?


  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Hopeful

Hopeful

    clearing the swamp

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Does anyone have an update?
The gouge was he'd need the surgery this off season, can't find anything about if he had it or not, how he's recovering etc.

#2 mrags

mrags

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,245 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

He probably hasn't had it or else we would have heard something. Which is kind of infuriating if true. Mark my words, Kyle Williams career is done for the most part. Won't have another good season in his career. Should have traded him 2 years ago when he had value.


But because Mario might be a wrecking machine, Kyle might turn into the wrecking ball. Between Mario and if Darius gets better, he could benefit. Still Wouldnt count on it tho. Hope I'm wrong tho.

Edited by mrags, 28 March 2013 - 10:19 PM.


#3 dr.fishopolis

dr.fishopolis

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

View Postmrags, on 28 March 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

He probably hasn't had it or else we would have heard something. Which is kind of infuriating if true. Mark my words, Kyle Williams career is done for the most part. Won't have another good season in his career. Should have traded him 2 years ago when he had value.


But because Mario might be a wrecking machine, Kyle might turn into the wrecking ball. Between Mario and if Darius gets better, he could benefit. Still Wouldnt count on it tho. Hope I'm wrong tho.

So either his career is done, or he'll be a wrecking ball.  Way to take a stand.

#4 Kkspike

Kkspike

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

They will wait till the 3rd preseason game then put him on ir.

#5 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,681 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Kinda a misleading thread title.

#6 Simon

Simon

    Dirty Player

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,631 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostJR In Ann Arbor, on 28 March 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

Kinda a misleading thread title.
I added some question marks to make it clear the poster was asking a question, not providing information.
Aside from creating a completely different title (which I'm not comfortable doing to others' posts/threads), is there another way I could have made it more clear?

#7 NDBUFFCUSEFAN

NDBUFFCUSEFAN

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

View PostSimon, on 28 March 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

I added some question marks to make it clear the poster was asking a question, not providing information.
Aside from creating a completely different title (which I'm not comfortable doing to others' posts/threads), is there another way I could have made it more clear?

Maybe "Is Kyle Williams going to undergo surgery?"

#8 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,681 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

View PostSimon, on 28 March 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:


I added some question marks to make it clear the poster was asking a question, not providing information.
Aside from creating a completely different title (which I'm not comfortable doing to others' posts/threads), is there another way I could have made it more clear?

I think the only fix is to change the title.

No biggie. It just caused a second of panic.

#9 Simon

Simon

    Dirty Player

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,631 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

View PostJR In Ann Arbor, on 28 March 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

I think the only fix is to change the title.
Yep.
But I don't want to be the nanny that runs around behind you cleaning up and then putting your shtuff away where you can't find it.
I'd rather be the old janitor you never notice.

#10 mrags

mrags

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,245 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

View Postdr.fishopolis, on 28 March 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:



So either his career is done, or he'll be a wrecking ball.  Way to take a stand.
my opinion is that he's done. Haven't liked him or wanted him on this team in over 2 seasons. I don't think he's good. I think he takes the same type of career that Hanson, Schobel had. Good enough for Bills fans to think they are really good, but the rest of the league really doesn't.

I put the 2nd part in there saying he might benefit from Mario and Dareus being the main contributors and Kyle reaps some of the rewards. But I really don't see that happening.

#11 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

View PostSimon, on 28 March 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:


Yep.
But I don't want to be the nanny that runs around behind you cleaning up and then putting your shtuff away where you can't find it.
I'd rather be the old janitor you never notice.
Our janitor in school was an old, creepy, pervert...

#12 Corp000085

Corp000085

    Stylin' and Profilin'

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,801 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

View PostSimon, on 28 March 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

Yep.
But I don't want to be the nanny that runs around behind you cleaning up and then putting your shtuff away where you can't find it.
I'd rather be the old janitor you never notice.

Would you like to have a milk?

#13 Nanker

Nanker

    Blls Nation Unite!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,352 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:39 AM

His recovery should take about six months because it's "only" a partial tear.
That should put the date of his surgery at around August 1st, 2013.

#14 Armchair GM

Armchair GM

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

View Postmrags, on 29 March 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

my opinion is that he's done. Haven't liked him or wanted him on this team in over 2 seasons. I don't think he's good. I think he takes the same type of career that Hanson, Schobel had. Good enough for Bills fans to think they are really good, but the rest of the league really doesn't.

I put the 2nd part in there saying he might benefit from Mario and Dareus being the main contributors and Kyle reaps some of the rewards. But I really don't see that happening.

I seem to remember every team in the NFL heeping praise upon Williams...I'd be willing to be that if he were to hit the open market, he'd be a day one signing. 5 sacks last year from an interior DL with a mediocre (as play indicated) supporting cast...with a partially torn Achilles in the final 10 games...yeah, he blows...like yo mamma suckaaaaaaaa. (j/k, just sayn')

#15 Meathead

Meathead

    certified meatrosexual

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostBringBackFergy, on 29 March 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

Our janitor in school was an old, creepy, pervert...

is there another kind?

#16 ....lybob

....lybob

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,123 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

I haven't been following it but I thought KW was suppose to have surgery late Jan early Feb, if this turns into another "well I thought it'd get better if I just rested it (read no off-season workouts) but now that training camp starts I realize I need surgery" situations - that there is utter BS -  I like KW, when right I think he is a top 5 DT , but if hasn't had surgery yet I'd cut him right now.

#17 Hazed and Amuzed

Hazed and Amuzed

    Stronger than you

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

View Postmrags, on 29 March 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

my opinion is that he's done. Haven't liked him or wanted him on this team in over 2 seasons. I don't think he's good. I think he takes the same type of career that Hanson, Schobel had. Good enough for Bills fans to think they are really good, but the rest of the league really doesn't.

I put the 2nd part in there saying he might benefit from Mario and Dareus being the main contributors and Kyle reaps some of the rewards. But I really don't see that happening.

Kyle Williams was a pro bowl alternate this year, I'm guessing that some people in the league think he's pretty good.

#18 Fan in Chicago

Fan in Chicago

    Holier than thou

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,804 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostHopeful, on 28 March 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

Does anyone have an update?
The gouge was he'd need the surgery this off season, can't find anything about if he had it or not, how he's recovering etc.

Considering it is Achilles, we should have heard something since January when it was first reported as a possibility. Something was up with him though as he did not have the impact he did in the past. I doubt it was lack of heart as he is a lunch pail type player who puts in a lot of effort.
Whatever was wrong, I hope he gets it fixed as we need him. Carrington is also doing well so our interior DL has  alot of potential. Now get Dareus to shed some weight and come back from his sophomore slump.

#19 eball

eball

    Omar Sly

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,670 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

View PostSimon, on 28 March 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

I added some question marks to make it clear the poster was asking a question, not providing information.
Aside from creating a completely different title (which I'm not comfortable doing to others' posts/threads), is there another way I could have made it more clear?

Yes, but it would require you to be the nanny that runs around behind everyone cleaning up and then putting their shtuff away where they can't find it, rather than the old janitor you never notice.

#20 Turbosrrgood

Turbosrrgood

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

I

View Postmrags, on 28 March 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

He probably hasn't had it or else we would have heard something. Which is kind of infuriating if true. Mark my words, Kyle Williams career is done for the most part. Won't have another good season in his career. Should have traded him 2 years ago when he had value.


But because Mario might be a wrecking machine, Kyle might turn into the wrecking ball. Between Mario and if Darius gets better, he could benefit. Still Wouldnt count on it tho. Hope I'm wrong tho.

So you are basically saying either he is done, or will be great...Nice.

Still, I'd like to know what exactly is making you think he "is done"? The dude came off of a very serious injury last year (detached achilles) and played pretty well IMO, he had 5 sacks. The injury he PLAYED THROUGH last year, is considered less serious, and from the sounds of it he is expected to be healthy by training camp. I just don't see any evidence that would suggest this guy "is done".

He's only 29 BTW.

View PostHazed and Amuzed, on 29 March 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

Kyle Williams was a pro bowl alternate this year, I'm guessing that some people in the league think he's pretty good.

This ^

Edited by Turbosrrgood, 29 March 2013 - 09:38 AM.