Jump to content


Chris Brown's annual mock draft.............


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#1 ChanOverChin

ChanOverChin

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

has the Bills selecting QB EJ Manuel at #8.  Does he know something that we don't??

The linky: http://www.buffalobi...b5-4be7675e52aa.

I'm hoping the Bills will trade down at least once before they select their QB of the future.

Your thoughts on Brown's selection at #8 overall??

#2 Wayne Cubed

Wayne Cubed

    TBD's Local Shell Fish

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostChanOverChin, on 24 April 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

has the Bills selecting QB EJ Manuel at #8.  Does he know something that we don't??

The linky: http://www.buffalobi...b5-4be7675e52aa.

I'm hoping the Bills will trade down at least once before they select their QB of the future.

Your thoughts on Brown's selection at #8 overall??

Meh, I'm sure he doesn't know anymore than anyone else. He's only been right 1 time in the last 5 years and that was when the Bills selected Dareus, which was pretty much a given.

Edited by Wayne Cubed, 24 April 2013 - 08:49 AM.


#3 Erik

Erik

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

View PostChanOverChin, on 24 April 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

has the Bills selecting QB EJ Manuel at #8.  Does he know something that we don't??

The linky: http://www.buffalobi...b5-4be7675e52aa.

I'm hoping the Bills will trade down at least once before they select their QB of the future.

Your thoughts on Brown's selection at #8 overall??

Based on my experiences following the Bills in the time that Chris Brown has worked for them the answer is almost certainly no, he does not know something that we don't.

#4 kr632

kr632

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

I don't understand why everyone wants to trade down to hopefully draft a QB. It makes no sense. QBs always get drafted higher than the"experts"(idiots) say. QB is the most important position on the field, if you have a guy you want take him at 8 don't risk losing him to pick up a late round pick that most likely wont pan out.

#5 Kirby Jackson

Kirby Jackson

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,009 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

He is a member of the Bills PR department of course he knowsething we don't. Having worked in pro sports for 8 years I can promise you that those guys are preparing for a certain direction.  He may not be out there revealing the plan (in fact it is probably the opposite). He certainly knows and it would seem that QB is the favorite.

#6 hondo in seattle

hondo in seattle

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

I don't think Chris is as informed as many think he is.  Yeah, he works at OBD and hears lots of things we never will.  But the personnel and coaching staffs know Chris talks with the public.  So I think (1) sometimes they tell him stuff they want to reach the public domain, (2) sometimes they keep secrets from him, and (3) sometimes they might even feed him misinformation, particularly around draft time.

#7 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

View Posthondo in seattle, on 24 April 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

I don't think Chris is as informed as many think he is.  Yeah, he works at OBD and hears lots of things we never will.  But the personnel and coaching staffs know Chris talks with the public.  So I think (1) sometimes they tell him stuff they want to reach the public domain, (2) sometimes they keep secrets from him, and (3) sometimes they might even feed him misinformation, particularly around draft time.

They don't have to keep secrets from him. They employ him. So, if he reveals sensitive info, they can kick the scared lemur and his long winded questions out the door.  He's not a true reporter. He reports a message given to him by the team with an agenda

Edited by FluffHead, 24 April 2013 - 09:01 AM.


#8 ACor58

ACor58

    Legend in my own mind

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

He could be doing it to throw teams off of the Bills scent - he is a cagey one that Chris Brown.

#9 The Big Cat

The Big Cat

    Prowling.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,905 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

I'm taking full credit for starting the TBD meme: Chris Brown is a frightened lemur. Seriously, I first said that **** like back in like 2008.

Also, he absolutely knows more than the average bear. Whether or not this is gamesmanship, an attempt to throw our opponents off the scent or to double-secret-criss-cross-confuse them, that remains unseen.

#10 Wayne Cubed

Wayne Cubed

    TBD's Local Shell Fish

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

I'll quote my favorite line from the Departed substituting his name:

"My theory on Chris Brown is he is like a mushroom, you feed him **** and keep him in the dark."

#11 dave mcbride

dave mcbride

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,244 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Was Manuel invited to the draft itself, which is generally reserved for people who will be drafted high? Check.

Did Manuel played for school from the South? Check.

Did the Bills target the previous FSU QB, Christian Ponder? Check.

Has Buddy Nix raved about former FSU player Nigel Bradham during this offseason? Check.

Did the Bills draft two players from FSU last year? Check.

Has Buddy Nix ever drafted anyone from outside the South in the first three rounds? No, he has not.

Edited by dave mcbride, 24 April 2013 - 09:06 AM.


#12 kobe808lak

kobe808lak

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

I would like the pick... but would like it even better in RD2.

#13 Kellyto83TD

Kellyto83TD

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

View Postkobe808lak, on 24 April 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

I would like the pick... but would like it even better in RD2.

Yeah I am not big on him in round 1

#14 eball

eball

    Omar Sly

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,133 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PosttaC giB ehT, on 24 April 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

I'm taking full credit for starting the TBD meme: Chris Brown is a frightened lemur. Seriously, I first said that **** like back in like 2008.

Also, he absolutely knows more than the average bear. Whether or not this is gamesmanship, an attempt to throw our opponents off the scent or to double-secret-criss-cross-confuse them, that remains unseen.

I couldn't recall where it started but I use it religiously; it's the perfect moniker for him.  And to the original point of this thread -- the fact they even ALLOW the lemur to post a mock draft should tell you he has absolutely NO information regarding who the Bills will draft.

#15 Kellyto83TD

Kellyto83TD

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

If Chris Brown says EJ Manuel at #8 you can bet that is not the pick.

#16 The Big Cat

The Big Cat

    Prowling.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,905 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

View Posteball, on 24 April 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

I couldn't recall where it started but I use it religiously; it's the perfect moniker for him.  And to the original point of this thread -- the fact they even ALLOW the lemur to post a mock draft should tell you he has absolutely NO information regarding who the Bills will draft.

If I contributed nothing else to this board...

#17 Kirby Jackson

Kirby Jackson

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,009 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostFluffHead, on 24 April 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:



They don't have to keep secrets from him. They employ him. So, if he reveals sensitive info, they can kick the scared lemur and his long winded questions out the door.  He's not a true reporter. He reports a message given to him by the team with an agenda

Exactly

#18 zow2

zow2

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

That's absurd. EJ Manuel will not be the #8 pick in the NFL draft. He might be #28, 38 or 48....but NOT #8. Maybe Chris Brown is part of the PR smokescreening department.

#19 kobe808lak

kobe808lak

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

View Postzow2, on 24 April 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

That's absurd. EJ Manuel will not be the #8 pick in the NFL draft. He might be #28, 38 or 48....but NOT #8. Maybe Chris Brown is part of the PR smokescreening department.

I could only see it happening if Geno is gone before the Bills are on the clock... which means (if they haven't found a deal to move back) will need to select a QB at 8 in all likelihood.  Nassib, Barkley, Manuel could really land anywhere.  The Bills will have their pick of one of these guys and I actually think Manuel has the best chance of being "Elite".. but I base that on a gut feeling from what I've seen of him and could be horribly wrong.

#20 hondo in seattle

hondo in seattle

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostFluffHead, on 24 April 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

They don't have to keep secrets from him. They employ him. So, if he reveals sensitive info, they can kick the scared lemur and his long winded questions out the door.  He's not a true reporter. He reports a message given to him by the team with an agenda

You make a good point.  But do you really think they openly reveal everything to Chris?  I bet they err on the side of safety, concerned that something may leak that they don't want leaked.  I would think a lot of information at OBD is shared on a need-to-know basis only.