Jump to content


FA TEs still available


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 bowery4

bowery4

    "I believe you throw to score and run to win.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

Chandler seems to be a mid season starter (and who knows how well the ACL will heal) and we drafted a HB/FB like Dickerson
here is a list of available FA TEs still out there. It seems the one position in FA to still find some talent.
Dallas Clark
Kevin Boss
Kellen Winslow
Todd Heap
Jeremy Shockey
Visanthe Shiancoe
David Thomas
Randy McMichael
Chris Cooley
Dante Rosario
Travis Beckum
Leonard Pope
Billy Bajema
Will Heller
It is interesting to me because with this list we could still bring in 2 really, my choice would be Shiancoe.

#2 Joe_the_6_pack

Joe_the_6_pack

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,770 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:48 AM

Lot of servicable players on that list. Thanks for posting , makes me feel better about this hole on the roster

#3 CSBill

CSBill

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:08 AM

Wow, a few years ago there would be some top Fantasy League TEs here. I would go after:

Dallas Clark
Kevin Boss
Kellen Winslow
Todd Heap
Visanthe Shiancoe
Randy McMichael
Chris Cooley

If any of these still have something left in the tank, it would probably be an upgrade.

#4 playman

playman

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

id go for the guy with ok knees

#5 Armchair GM

Armchair GM

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

View Postbowery4, on 30 April 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

Chandler seems to be a mid season starter (and who knows how well the ACL will heal) and we drafted a HB/FB like Dickerson
here is a list of available FA TEs still out there. It seems the one position in FA to still find some talent.
Dallas Clark
Kevin Boss
Kellen Winslow
Todd Heap
Jeremy Shockey
Visanthe Shiancoe
David Thomas
Randy McMichael
Chris Cooley
Dante Rosario
Travis Beckum
Leonard Pope
Billy Bajema
Will Heller
It is interesting to me because with this list we could still bring in 2 really, my choice would be Shiancoe.

No thanks...on any of them.

#6 simpleman

simpleman

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

That list is an illusion. Most of the players on the list are camp fodder or guys with injuries that will make their performance questionable. I believe Boss still hasn't been cleared after a series of concussions. Some have not played, or hardly played in over a year. Many have major knee injuries. A couple have stated they would only come back for their previous teams, preferring retirement over changing teams.
I believe the only one who  posted acceptable stats last year was Clark. And he is is a step away from retirement. He is the only one I would sign to a one year performance incentive based contract.
At this point it looks like getting a vet on a one year contract and drafting a TE high next year is the only really option. Which is sad considering the talent that was available at TE in this years draft. For some reason the Bills are still TE adverse. With our only serviceable TE also questionable with injuries it looks like TE will not be a gadget used in our offense very much except for being a blocker for our RBs.

Edited by simpleman, 30 April 2013 - 05:42 AM.


#7 bowery4

bowery4

    "I believe you throw to score and run to win.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

Actually,
Clark and Shockley both had some numbers last year. Beckum  (who is 26) had a torn acl, from roto world "Beckum, 26, played just 23 snaps in four games for the Giants last season, but he didn't record a single catch as he recovered from a torn ACL. The former third-round pick says the knee is now "healthy."  he has never had much in numbers though.
I like Shiancoe because up until he was released last year he had averaged more tha 10 yards a catch for 6 out of his 9 seasons.

View Postsimpleman, on 30 April 2013 - 05:40 AM, said:

That list is an illusion. Most of the players on the list are camp fodder or guys with injuries that will make their performance questionable. I believe Boss still hasn't been cleared after a series of concussions. Some have not played, or hardly played in over a year. Many have major knee injuries. A couple have stated they would only come back for their previous teams, preferring retirement over changing teams.
I believe the only one who  posted acceptable stats last year was Clark. And he is is a step away from retirement. He is the only one I would sign to a one year performance incentive based contract.
At this point it looks like getting a vet on a one year contract and drafting a TE high next year is the only really option. Which is sad considering the talent that was available at TE in this years draft. For some reason the Bills are still TE adverse. With our only serviceable TE also questionable with injuries it looks like TE will not be a gadget used in our offense very much except for being a blocker for our RBs.
I see what you are saying... I think the Bills had an ok draft ( but you can't get everything and they did say they stuck to thier board) they did pick up weapons and have a few on the roster anyway, and yeah 1 year would be the most any of these guys could give you. I think we raid PSs like in the past or pick up someone from waivers who is young but....in case of emergency. Here is the list, which does have more talent than most positions (which was my OG. point).

Edited by bowery4, 30 April 2013 - 06:02 AM.


#8 Beerball

Beerball

    Cancer sucks, fight on Jimbo!

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,708 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

We've currently got Smith on the roster as a blocker, 2 H-back types (Dickerson & Gragg) and Chandler recovering from injury. Color me crazy but I don't see a huge need here.

#9 jcbillsfan

jcbillsfan

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

Pope would offer some nice depth

#10 kas23

kas23

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostCSBill, on 30 April 2013 - 05:08 AM, said:

Wow, a few years ago there would be some top Fantasy League TEs here. I would go after:

Dallas Clark
Kevin Boss
Kellen Winslow
Todd Heap
Visanthe Shiancoe
Randy McMichael
Chris Cooley

If any of these still have something left in the tank, it would probably be an upgrade.

Kellen Winslow should something left in the tank. He never really used any of it.

#11 The Tomcat

The Tomcat

    Fish'n the lower Niagara!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

Pick up Dallas Clark.   Hopefully only need him the first half of the season.  So if his tank is half full then it will run out when Chandler gets back. Then he can recharge himself for the playoff run.

View Postjcbillsfan, on 30 April 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

Pope would offer some nice depth

Pittsburgh picked him up didn't they?

Edited by The Tomcat, 30 April 2013 - 07:27 AM.


#12 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,527 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

that is an unreal list of talent!

--JR. (4/2/2006)



#13 jumbalaya

jumbalaya

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

Have Easley put on some beef, teach him to block and move him over.

#14 ProbablyWrong

ProbablyWrong

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

I like Shiancoe. Would be good for a 1-2 yr contract as a safety if Chandler comes back slowly or has lost a step.

#15 Canadian Bills Fan

Canadian Bills Fan

    When it's too tough for them it's just right for us

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

I wouldnt mind Clark or Boss for one year.

CBF

#16 T master

T master

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

View Postkas23, on 30 April 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

Kellen Winslow should something left in the tank. He never really used any of it.

He put all of his effort in his mouth & not on the team or the field !! A total waste of talent I'll pass !! :thumbdown:

Edited by T master, 30 April 2013 - 08:41 AM.


#17 Finkle Is Einhorn

Finkle Is Einhorn

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Bring back Shawn Nelson

#18 BuffaloWings

BuffaloWings

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostCanadian_Bills_Fan, on 30 April 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

I wouldnt mind Clark or Boss for one year.

CBF

I always liked Boss - he just has had enough concussion issues to make me concerned. If he's cleared, I say give him a shot.

Clark is a good TE, but only flourished with Peyton Manning. I don't think we've heard much from him recently.

#19 NewEra

NewEra

    I don't "know", I "think"

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'd bring in any of them.  1 year non guaranteed contract.  See how they do compared to what we have.  If they're an upgrade and worth the $, I don't see why not.  While I'm ok with Keeping Lee and Gragg to see what they have, Dickerson and the rest could be upgraded.