Jump to content


Jairus Byrd: Jason Peters Part II?


  • Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#1 Dawgg

Dawgg

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

Let's see...
  • The Bills have converted both Ron Brooks and Aaron Williams to safety.
  • The team drafted two safeties in this year's draft.
  • Byrd's agent is Eugene Parker who also represents Jason Peters. This is the same agent who advised his client to hold out and ultimately engineered his exit to a contending team.
  • Reports suggest that there has been little to no dialogue between the two sides.
  • Both Byrd and his agent have been radio silent. Byrd's last tweet was March 1st, which happens to be the date he was franchised.
My uneducated guess (hope I'm wrong): Byrd's preference is to play/sign elsewhere and Eugene Parker is hellbent on making that happen. The Bills are making other plans.

#2 Coach Tuesday

Coach Tuesday

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,294 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

You can add:

6. Both are considered to be at or near the best at their respective positions and are asking to be paid accordingly.

#3 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

My guess is Duke and Jon Meeks were drafted not only as BPA based on the Bills' own board but as "insurance policies" in the event Byrd is not re-signed to a long term deal this year. Certainly, we'd all like to see Byrd back long term, but stockpiling safeties is not a bad idea in the unfortunate event that Jairus goes elsewhere.

#4 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

Yet another Byrd thread?

http://forums.twobil...ix-subjectbyrd/

#5 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

    Ladies' Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,869 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

Difference is Bryd didn't recently have a pay raise like Peters did.  Hopefully, Bryd won't sulk like a fat baby like Peters did and not answer phone calls or show up to work out of shape, putting teammates' health in jeopardy.  But based on how Bryd carries himself, this shouldn't be a problem.  And he should be the highest paid safety in football.  Get it done.

#6 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostSan Jose Bills Fan, on 30 April 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Yet another Byrd thread?

http://forums.twobil...ix-subjectbyrd/
Kelvin only gets one thread and Byrd gets five...I can't believe the lack of respect for Kelvin from this Board. :bag:

#7 Dawgg

Dawgg

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostSan Jose Bills Fan, on 30 April 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Yet another Byrd thread?

http://forums.twobil...ix-subjectbyrd/
Ah yes, gotta love the thread police. :thumbsup:

#8 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostDawgg, on 30 April 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Ah yes, gotta love the thread police. :thumbsup:

Yes, in the overall rank of transgressors, you do have to love them.

:thumbsup:

Even more than those who start new topics without reading what's already out there.

#9 Dawgg

Dawgg

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

View PostSan Jose Bills Fan, on 30 April 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Yes, in the overall rank of transgressors, you do have to love them.

:thumbsup:

Even more than those who start new topics without reading what's already out there.

"transgressor"-- only in your warped world does a new thread constitute a transgression. I read what was out there and believe that a new thread is sufficiently justified.

Are you trying to reach the venerable status of "Moderator" like Simon? Best of luck in your quest.

And thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Dawgg, 30 April 2013 - 08:35 AM.


#10 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    "...I hope I'm wrong..."

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,495 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

View PostCoach Tuesday, on 30 April 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

You can add:

6. Both are considered to be at or near the best at their respective positions and are asking to be paid accordingly.

And we are paying him his Franchise tag which is top 5 money for this year, and we are negotiating.  But we can't spend stupid money on one player when Wood and Spiller are due soon.  I'm all for paying the man as long as he's being reasonable about his value.

PTR

#11 JPS

JPS

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

I'd rather peruse 2 pages of a repetitive thread than 90 pages on anything except a Bills' SB victory.

#12 xsoldier54

xsoldier54

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostCoach Tuesday, on 30 April 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

You can add:

6. Both are considered to be at or near the best at their respective positions and are asking to be paid accordingly.
Byrd was really good his first year, followed by a mediocre second and better his third year.   He is far from irreplaceable.   Would love to have him, but if he doesn't want to be here, then see 'ya.  And how did that whole Jason Peters thing work out for Philly?

#13 MDFan

MDFan

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

No doubt Eugene Parker is playing the same game with Byrd as he did with Peters.  If so, I hope the Bills let Byrd sit and rot.  If he will not sign the tender, let him sit. They will still own his rights come next year.  I would love to keep him, but they should not allow themselves to be held hostage.

#14 4merper4mer

4merper4mer

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostDawgg, on 30 April 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

Let's see...
  • The Bills have converted both Ron Brooks and Aaron Williams to safety.

  • The team drafted two safeties in this year's draft.

  • Byrd's agent is Eugene Parker who also represents Jason Peters. This is the same agent who advised his client to hold out and ultimately engineered his exit to a contending team.

  • Reports suggest that there has been little to no dialogue between the two sides.

  • Both Byrd and his agent have been radio silent. Byrd's last tweet was March 1st, which happens to be the date he was franchised.
My uneducated guess (hope I'm wrong): Byrd's preference is to play/sign elsewhere and Eugene Parker is hellbent on making that happen. The Bills are making other plans.
The Eagles are/were a contending team?

#15 T master

T master

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

View PostDawgg, on 30 April 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

Let's see...
  • The Bills have converted both Ron Brooks and Aaron Williams to safety.

  • The team drafted two safeties in this year's draft.

  • Byrd's agent is Eugene Parker who also represents Jason Peters. This is the same agent who advised his client to hold out and ultimately engineered his exit to a contending team.

  • Reports suggest that there has been little to no dialogue between the two sides.

  • Both Byrd and his agent have been radio silent. Byrd's last tweet was March 1st, which happens to be the date he was franchised.
My uneducated guess (hope I'm wrong): Byrd's preference is to play/sign elsewhere and Eugene Parker is hellbent on making that happen. The Bills are making other plans.


Well i would hate to see him go but as long as we could get a couple #1's or a #1 & #2 in the draft i think that might be compensation enough .

But that said i hope we clip the Byrd mans wings & keep him her e in B/Lo for years to come !!

#16 GG

GG

    Exit 151

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,703 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostDawgg, on 30 April 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

Let's see...

  • Reports suggest that there has been little to no dialogue between the two sides.



That is not correct.  Buddy Nix said that Byrd is a high priority item, they have been in contact with Byrd's agent and were planning to have more dialogue now that the draft is over.

#17 San-O

San-O

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

View Postxsoldier54, on 30 April 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Byrd was really good his first year, followed by a mediocre second and better his third year.   He is far from irreplaceable.   Would love to have him, but if he doesn't want to be here, then see 'ya.  And how did that whole Jason Peters thing work out for Philly?

+ 1

I like BYrd also, but does the 28th, 30th, 26th ranked D in the league really need the highest paid S in the league?

#18 Max997

Max997

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

big difference is Peters got paid then wanted to get paid again

when was it announced that Brooks was movied to safety? did i miss this?

#19 Dawgg

Dawgg

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostGG, on 30 April 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

That is not correct.  Buddy Nix said that Byrd is a high priority item, they have been in contact with Byrd's agent and were planning to have more dialogue now that the draft is over.
No argument that it's a high priority item for the Bills. I'm questioning whether it's a high priority item for Byrd's camp.

#20 DasNootz

DasNootz

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

Given your choice, would you rather have Eric Berry or Jarius Byrd for the same money?