Jump to content


49ers: ''Levi's Stadium''


  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 \GoBillsInDallas/

\GoBillsInDallas/

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_23198153

Of course, if Beerball owned the team, it would be called "Depends Stadium".

#2 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    TBD's franchise poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,966 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Why can't we have "Geico Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium"?

PTR

#3 Mr. WEO

Mr. WEO

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

Why would GEICO lay out big cash for that name?

#4 Joe W

Joe W

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 08 May 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

Why can't we have "Geico Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium"?

PTR

Because the moronic owner would rather sell home field advantage to Toronto than take his name of the stadium. And Polenkarz let's him do it. Theyre both idiots.

#5 mitchmurraydowntown

mitchmurraydowntown

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

Fees collected for stadium naming rights get shared with all the owners.

#6 BillsWatch

BillsWatch

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,421 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Does that include "Field" rights as some teams do instead?

#7 JohnC

JohnC

    UDFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

View Postmitchmurraydowntown, on 08 May 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Fees collected for stadium naming rights get shared with all the owners.

That is not accurate.

http://www.mercuryne...gets?source=rss

This is a quote taken from the above link: "The deal calls for revenue between the public agency created to build the stadium and the 49ers."

#8 eme123

eme123

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

Levi's ???  kinda weird

#9 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    Read The FN Manuel

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,533 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

View Posteme123, on 08 May 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Levi's ???  kinda weird

In San Francisco, should it not be Skinny Jeans Field at Levi's Stadium?

#10 Webster Guy

Webster Guy

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

stadium naming rights are idiotic.

candlestick park was awesome, and helped defined the home field experience.    

welcome to loserville san fran.   you just joined the laughable lucas oil, tostitos fiesta bowl fraternity of selling out tradition to smear corporate logo feces all over the place.    i'm sure that check from Levi's will get put to good use, lord knows the NFL owners are hurting for money these days.

#11 dave mcbride

dave mcbride

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,888 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Nothing will ever top Enron Field.

#12 Dante

Dante

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostWebster Guy, on 08 May 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

stadium naming rights are idiotic.

candlestick park was awesome, and helped defined the home field experience.

welcome to loserville san fran.   you just joined the laughable lucas oil, tostitos fiesta bowl fraternity of selling out tradition to smear corporate logo feces all over the place. i'm sure that check from Levi's will get put to good use, lord knows the NFL owners are hurting for money these days.
How exactly does this turn SF into loserville? How does it affect your life that they put a corporate logo on a stadium? Don't get the bitterness. If Levis offered you a 10,000 dollar subsidy to purchase a new car and all you had to do was install license place holders with their logo on it would you tell them to keep their money?

Edited by Dante, 08 May 2013 - 03:41 PM.


#13 transient

transient

    Reveling in all that is ludicrous

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Posted Image

That's right, it's my stadium, BITCHES!!  Baddest man in the whole damn town.

#14 yungmack

yungmack

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Levi Strauss is a SF company. Warren Buffett owns GEICO. He's kinda sorta connected to Bufflow.

#15 Mr. WEO

Mr. WEO

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 08 May 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

In San Francisco, should it not be Skinny Jeans Field at Levi's Stadium?

Assless Chaps Colliseum?

#16 Fan in Chicago

Fan in Chicago

    Holier than thou

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 08 May 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

Why can't we have "Geico Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium"?

PTR
cialis or viagra Stadium to honor our OL

#17 SF Bills Fan

SF Bills Fan

    Can I Play With Madness

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

I think the Bills are definitely leaving money on the table. If I am correct, Rich Stadium as one of the first stadiums to sell naming rights. Now we are woefully behind the times.

Levis certainly makes sense for San Francisco. I've been out here for 20 years now and I'm surprised they didn't try to name it Indigenous Peoples and Gay and Lesbian Friendly Park and have some white guy in a suit come out and apologize for something before every game.

#18 Nitro

Nitro

    "Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. " Patton

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostSF Bills Fan, on 08 May 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

I think the Bills are definitely leaving money on the table. If I am correct, Rich Stadium as one of the first stadiums to sell naming rights. Now we are woefully behind the times.

Levis certainly makes sense for San Francisco. I've been out here for 20 years now and I'm surprised they didn't try to name it Indigenous Peoples and Gay and Lesbian Friendly Park and have some white guy in a suit come out and apologize for something before every game.
NIce post.  I was stationed at the Presidio in the 80s and had to go thru the 49ers dynasty years and the obnoxious fans.  Great place to visit but too damned expensive to live. Naming rights is another way to increase your revenue.  Don't get why folks get mad when a business man tries to make more money.  I am willing to sell the naming rights to my house.  Starting at 20k.  Any takers?

#19 judman

judman

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostMr. WEO, on 08 May 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

Assless Chaps Colliseum?

Boomer has names for stadiums like RWS is "the Ralph" and Gillette is "the Razor"

I'd suggest Levi's Stadium be called "the Dungaree"

#20 Joe W

Joe W

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

View Postmitchmurraydowntown, on 08 May 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Fees collected for stadium naming rights get shared with all the owners.

Uh no they don't There unshared revenue