Jump to content


Another Patriot busted


  • Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Golden Wheels

Golden Wheels

    emotionally exhausted & morally bankrupt

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

Omaha World-Herald reports that Patriots CB Alfonzo Dennard arrested early this morning in connection with DUI case.

http://www.omaha.com...ted-in-dui-case

But this is not the first time Dennard has been in trouble:

More than a year ago, Stille said, Dennard was contacted by Lincoln police over a fight outside a downtown Lincoln bar, and Dennard punched an investigating officer in the face. He said Dennard was convicted of assaulting the officer.

In March, Dennard received two years of probation, a 30-day jail sentence and 100 hours of community service for his felony assault conviction.

Lancaster County Court Judge Stephanie Stacy told Dennard that the jail sentence would start March 1, 2014, during the NFL offseason.

Dennard's lawyer, Terry Dougherty, told the judge after the sentencing that he'd file a motion next March to suspend the sentence if Dennard complies with all parts of his probation. Stacy said she'd consider the motion.

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini attended the hearing. He also wrote a “character letter” in support of Dennard. New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick and University of Nebraska Regent Tim Clare also wrote character letters.


#2 bowery4

bowery4

    "Chance favors the prepared mind

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,485 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

Actually, when they cut this one we should put in a claim for him.

#3 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

No reports of Bubbalicious in the car. That's a good thing.

#4 chris heff

chris heff

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

View PostGolden Wheels, on 11 July 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

Omaha World-Herald reports that Patriots CB Alfonzo Dennard arrested early this morning in connection with DUI case.

http://www.omaha.com...ted-in-dui-case

But this is not the first time Dennard has been in trouble:

More than a year ago, Stille said, Dennard was contacted by Lincoln police over a fight outside a downtown Lincoln bar, and Dennard punched an investigating officer in the face. He said Dennard was convicted of assaulting the officer.

In March, Dennard received two years of probation, a 30-day jail sentence and 100 hours of community service for his felony assault conviction.

Lancaster County Court Judge Stephanie Stacy told Dennard that the jail sentence would start March 1, 2014, during the NFL offseason.

Dennard's lawyer, Terry Dougherty, told the judge after the sentencing that he'd file a motion next March to suspend the sentence if Dennard complies with all parts of his probation. Stacy said she'd consider the motion.

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini attended the hearing. He also wrote a “character letter” in support of Dennard. New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick and University of Nebraska Regent Tim Clare also wrote character letters.

Won't this mean jail now,or at least in the near future?

#5 The Big Cat

The Big Cat

    Prowling.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

Meh, call me when Tom Brady commits armed-arson.

#6 frogger

frogger

    I love lamp

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

He will have to be suspended.

#7 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,894 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

View Postfrogger, on 11 July 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

He will have to be suspended.

Counts as a drug strike

#8 Canadian Bills Fan

Canadian Bills Fan

    When it's too tough for them it's just right for us

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

At least his car had both mirrors on the doors

CBF

#9 section122

section122

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

The patriot way!

#10 Turbosrrgood

Turbosrrgood

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostGolden Wheels, on 11 July 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

Omaha World-Herald reports that Patriots CB Alfonzo Dennard arrested early this morning in connection with DUI case.

http://www.omaha.com...ted-in-dui-case

But this is not the first time Dennard has been in trouble:

More than a year ago, Stille said, Dennard was contacted by Lincoln police over a fight outside a downtown Lincoln bar, and Dennard punched an investigating officer in the face. He said Dennard was convicted of assaulting the officer.

In March, Dennard received two years of probation, a 30-day jail sentence and 100 hours of community service for his felony assault conviction.

Lancaster County Court Judge Stephanie Stacy told Dennard that the jail sentence would start March 1, 2014, during the NFL offseason.

Dennard's lawyer, Terry Dougherty, told the judge after the sentencing that he'd file a motion next March to suspend the sentence if Dennard complies with all parts of his probation. Stacy said she'd consider the motion.

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini attended the hearing. He also wrote a “character letter” in support of Dennard. New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick and University of Nebraska Regent Tim Clare also wrote character letters.


I'm guessing a DUI won't go over well with his probation officer...This kid is heading for jail, then suspension (if anyone ever gives him a chance).

And no, we definitely should NOT sign him (Pats have yet to cut him anyway as far as I know).

Edited by Turbosrrgood, 11 July 2013 - 11:20 AM.


#11 H2o

H2o

    2014 - The Year of the Buffalo Bills

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PosttaC giB ehT, on 11 July 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Meh, call me when Tom Brady commits armed-arson.

:lol:

#12 dwight in philly

dwight in philly

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

could not happen to a better organization..keep it coming

#13 DDD

DDD

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PosttaC giB ehT, on 11 July 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Meh, call me when Tom Brady commits armed-arson.
:D

#14 UConn James

UConn James

    I'm a little behind on my paperwork

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostTurbosrrgood, on 11 July 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

I'm guessing a DUI won't go over well with his probation officer...This kid is heading for jail, then suspension (if anyone ever gives him a chance).

You must not live in the real world. This stevestojan gets continued or pled down all the time, and people who should be in jail according to every letter of the law... walk out of the courtroom. Especially if you have the least little claim to fame.

#15 Jy Re

Jy Re

    Kick its ass, JK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,344 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Cue the Alfonzo Dennard jersey trade-in!

#16 Doc

Doc

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,227 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

This one is no surprise.  Hopefully Da'Rick Rogers is watching and seeing how not to act.

#17 Turbosrrgood

Turbosrrgood

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostUConn James, on 11 July 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

You must not live in the real world. This stevestojan gets continued or pled down all the time, and people who should be in jail according to every letter of the law... walk out of the courtroom. Especially if you have the least little claim to fame.

Yeah, it's one thing when this happens to someone in the relative clear, it's another when it happens to a guy on probation.

He got his free pass when he got let off extremely light after assaulting an officer (possibly spending no time in jail). However when you follow that up with another felony, a few months into your probation the chances of a second free pass are slim to none. We aren't talking about someone with star power here either.

He'll definitely be doing the original 30 days in jail, but very likely he'll do more.

View PostDoc, on 11 July 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

This one is no surprise.  Hopefully Da'Rick Rogers is watching and seeing how not to act.

^

#18 Dorkington

Dorkington

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

Meh, I doubt he'll get in any real trouble. I feel like this sort of thing always gets washed away when it comes to pro athletes.

#19 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,894 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostDorkington, on 11 July 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

Meh, I doubt he'll get in any real trouble. I feel like this sort of thing always gets washed away when it comes to pro athletes.

as long as he can make it through the hearing without any taps on his lawyers backside.

#20 Dorkington

Dorkington

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

:thumbsup: