Jump to content


Aaron Rodgers to give up salary for the year?


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,361 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

http://www.barstools...auns-innocence/


whooooops.... I know no one would actually expect him to do it, but perhaps not the wisest tweet to say you would bet your salary on braun being clean. might owe some apologies to all the "idiots" that were suspicious of braun.

Edited by NoSaint, 23 July 2013 - 11:44 AM.


#2 Gugny

Gugny

    Garth Brooks Sucks. Period.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,917 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

I was JUST thinking about Rodgers having to eat some crow regarding how much he stuck up for his mancrush last year.  Thanks for posting this, because I'd forgotten about it.

#3 HamSandwhich

HamSandwhich

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Mike and Mike had a field day reading all of Rodger's quotes this morning.  I actually cringed a bit myself for Rodgers.  Fact of the matter is that he was lied to by Braun.  He believed his bud, and I'd bet, more than half of you would proclaim innocents for your friend if he/she told you they didn't do it.

#4 Meatloaf Sandwich

Meatloaf Sandwich

    RFA

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

I can't fully blame Aaron, I do think Braun is a scumbag though for letting people he is friends with to come stand by his side like he was innocent. Is funny to read those tweets though.

David Ortiz is getting my suspicion b.c a man hits 37 all the sudden looks leaner, is WAY faster around the bases, and hitting better.

#5 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,361 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostHamSandwhich, on 23 July 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

Mike and Mike had a field day reading all of Rodger's quotes this morning.  I actually cringed a bit myself for Rodgers.  Fact of the matter is that he was lied to by Braun.  He believed his bud, and I'd bet, more than half of you would proclaim innocents for your friend if he/she told you they didn't do it.

the only thing id say is he danced a bit around the line of "sticking up for a friend" and "being a jerk on behalf of a friend"




#6 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

    Making It Flow Backwards

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,115 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostHamSandwhich, on 23 July 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

Mike and Mike had a field day reading all of Rodger's quotes this morning.  I actually cringed a bit myself for Rodgers.  Fact of the matter is that he was lied to by Braun.  He believed his bud, and I'd bet, more than half of you would proclaim innocents for your friend if he/she told you they didn't do it.

Yep.  +1

#7 Mr. WEO

Mr. WEO

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,304 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostNoSaint, on 23 July 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

the only thing id say is he danced a bit around the line of "sticking up for a friend" and "being a jerk on behalf of a friend"

I'm going wih the latter.  His "buddy" had just tested positive for steroids and Rodgers really believed it was because the guy who handled the specimen "spiked" it?

I'm betting even Braun's parents weren't surprised when this shoe dropped yesterday.  Come on! He was busted last year!

#8 Doc

Doc

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,417 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

Rodgers deserves to lose the $4.5M solely for being the ONLY person in the world that didn't realize Braun only got off the first time because of a technicality.  What a dope!

#9 l< j

l< j

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

And he should give it to the guy that Braun blamed, the 'specimen collector' I think.

#10 first_and_ten

first_and_ten

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

Who's the bigger scumbag, Braun or Armstrong?

#11 l< j

l< j

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

View Postfirst_and_ten, on 23 July 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Who's the bigger scumbag, Braun or Armstrong?

Very tough call, hard to argue against either one. Give em both the prize.

#12 frogger

frogger

    I love lamp

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

View Postl< j, on 23 July 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:



Very tough call, hard to argue against either one. Give em both the prize.
I think its easy, Lance Armstrong lied for years, convinced a nation he was a role model, even started a plastic wrist band trend.  Lance was a lying icon.

#13 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,286 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

1)  Rodgers should donate every bit of this years contract $$$ to the NFL's past players.

2)  Armstrong by a mile.  The guy had a cause and threw it in your face.  Every moment he could he was standing in front of a spotlight somewhere.  He was cleaning house on the poon.  He was nothing but over the top.

#14 l< j

l< j

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

View Postfrogger, on 23 July 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

I think its easy, Lance Armstrong lied for years, convinced a nation he was a role model, even started a plastic wrist band trend.  Lance was a lying icon.

View Postjboyst62, on 23 July 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

1)  Rodgers should donate every bit of this years contract $$$ to the NFL's past players.

2)  Armstrong by a mile.  The guy had a cause and threw it in your face.  Every moment he could he was standing in front of a spotlight somewhere.  He was cleaning house on the poon.  He was nothing but over the top.

Okay, you 2 are right, and clearly so. But the fact that Armstrong is the bigger jackass by far doesn't erase the fact that Braun is still a really big jackass. Heehaw.

kj

#15 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

    Making It Flow Backwards

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,115 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

Do they do "split specimen?"  Where as, they divide the test into two and send it off to two different labs.  We get "randomly" tested in fed gov't and that is how they handle it.  What would be the objection to this?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois, 23 July 2013 - 08:58 PM.


#16 NDBUFFCUSEFAN

NDBUFFCUSEFAN

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

View Postl< j, on 23 July 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

Very tough call, hard to argue against either one. Give em both the prize.

Lance lied for over a decade and was considered #1 in his field, oh and he was the engine behind a gigantic charity. Braun is a dirtball but no where near LAs level.

#17 MOFO

MOFO

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:57 AM

View Postjboyst62, on 23 July 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

1)  Rodgers should donate every bit of this years contract $$$ to the NFL's past players.


Great idea....

#18 MDH

MDH

    My mind is going...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,600 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

Trying to figure out why Armstrong is a bigger Dbag?  They both did pretty much the same thing - broke the rules to improve performance.  How good they were or how long they went without getting caught doesn't really come into the Dbag conversation.  Armstrong was more adamant/arrogant about his innocence so they does tilt the scales against him but then again Armstrong's charity did raise more than $500 million to help find a cure for cancer.  Despite his arrogance and cheating his positives outweigh his negatives in terms of what he's contributed to society - at least to me.  Cheating in some races and lying about it isn't really that high on my list of horrible things human beings can do to one another.  On the other hand how many people on Earth can say they've done more to help mankind than starting an organization that raised $500 million to fight a disease that kills over 7 million people a year.

#19 NDBUFFCUSEFAN

NDBUFFCUSEFAN

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostMDH, on 24 July 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

Trying to figure out why Armstrong is a bigger Dbag?  They both did pretty much the same thing - broke the rules to improve performance.  How good they were or how long they went without getting caught doesn't really come into the Dbag conversation.  Armstrong was more adamant/arrogant about his innocence so they does tilt the scales against him but then again Armstrong's charity did raise more than $500 million to help find a cure for cancer.  Despite his arrogance and cheating his positives outweigh his negatives in terms of what he's contributed to society - at least to me.  Cheating in some races and lying about it isn't really that high on my list of horrible things human beings can do to one another.  On the other hand how many people on Earth can say they've done more to help mankind than starting an organization that raised $500 million to fight a disease that kills over 7 million people a year.

That is a good argument for Lance being a lesser dbag, Lance was a lot more adamant and fooled the public longer but he did raise awareness and money for a good cause.

#20 Meatloaf Sandwich

Meatloaf Sandwich

    RFA

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostNDBUFFCUSEFAN, on 24 July 2013 - 01:37 AM, said:



Lance lied for over a decade and was considered #1 in his field, oh and he was the engine behind a gigantic charity. Braun is a dirtball but no where near LAs level.
If you gave Braun a decade he probably would have lied that long also. But in the end saying which of these two is the bigger jackass is like voting between a Turd Sandwich and Giant Douche for school mascot.