41 replies to this topic

#1 hondo in seattle

hondo in seattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

Jerry Jones says not one, but two, current NFL teams could be moving to LA in the near future.

"The owners don't mess much up ... but we haven't gotten this one right. There's people, there's locations, there are people that are interested, a lot of people that can help us put this thing together. And as it turns out that we have at least two teams ... that could move to this area...  There won't be any expansion,so it will be teams that move."

http://www.nfl.com/n...-to-los-angeles

Any guesses which two he's talking about?

#2 DJasper Probincrux III

DJasper Probincrux III

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

View Posthondo in seattle, on 25 July 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

Jerry Jones says not one, but two, current NFL teams could be moving to LA in the near future.

"The owners don't mess much up ... but we haven't gotten this one right. There's people, there's locations, there are people that are interested, a lot of people that can help us put this thing together. And as it turns out that we have at least two teams ... that could move to this area...  There won't be any expansion,so it will be teams that move."

http://www.nfl.com/n...-to-los-angeles

Any guesses which two he's talking about?
San Diego and St. Louis

#3 bowery4

bowery4

"‘Chance favors the prepared mind‘’

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

Jerry's getting stronger and stronger drugs it seems.

#4 RyanC883

RyanC883

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

When Jerry talks, people listen.....and laugh.

#5 Chandler#81

Chandler#81

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostDJasper Probincrux III, on 25 July 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

San Diego and St. Louis

Well, they both (Chargers & Rams) played there at one time..

I know we live in constant fear of possible relocation at sometime in the future, but, like the Vikings, I just don't see original teams moving, as long as they're viable. Yes, Modell and Irsay Sr did, and they're rotting in hell because of it. That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

#6 dollars 2 donuts

dollars 2 donuts

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostChandler#81, on 25 July 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Well, they both (Chargers & Rams) played there at one time..

I know we live in constant fear of possible relocation at sometime in the future, but, like the Vikings, I just don't see original teams moving, as long as they're viable. Yes, Modell and Irsay Sr did, and they're rotting in hell because of it. That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

I hear ya, fear the same and hope the same.

BTW, the two oldest franchises to move after staying put in one place are the New York Giants (74 years, 1883-1957) and the Brooklyn Dodgers (67 years, 1890-1957)...I really don't want to see the Bills third on the list at 60 years, or so.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts, 25 July 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#7 biglukes

biglukes

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

I have a hard time taking anything Jerry Jones says seriously. He could say the sky is blue and I'd have to go outside and check.

#8 Kirby Jackson

Kirby Jackson

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

The first 7 years of this lease (think that it's 7) is key.  The closer that we get to that 7 year mark the scarier it will become if a new stadium isn't under construction. No one is going to but this team in the next couple of years with the intent to move them because the cost to do so is too great. I think that it drops to like $28M in year 7 which can be made up in a year in certain markets. The best thing for the franchise's future in WNY would be to sell the team ASAP.

#9 Gugny

Gugny

Beerball Brings Crudite to Football Parties

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,387 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

He just wants him some glory hole.

#10 Mr. WEO

Mr. WEO

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,848 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

"at least 2 teams"

Pure nonsense.  This debacle played it self out over the past 2 years (Roski and AEG) and any serious projects are dead in the water.

#11 chris heff

chris heff

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

LA could be next major city to file bankruptcy. So anything that happens there would have to be all private money.

#12 Meatloaf Sandwich

Meatloaf Sandwich

RFA

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

They way I read it says they have two teams that COULD move there. I don't see anything about him saying actually two teams in one stadium which is what this thread thought.

#13 apuszczalowski

apuszczalowski

Official Transport of TBD Members and WGR 550

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

View Postchris heff, on 25 July 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

LA could be next major city to file bankruptcy. So anything that happens there would have to be all private money.
Like Detroit and the Red Wings new $650 million Arena that was just approved?

#14 B-Man

B-Man

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

"at least 2 teams"

So there could be even more Jerry ? ?

Rich buffoon.

#15 Mr. WEO

Mr. WEO

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,848 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

View Postapuszczalowski, on 25 July 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

Like Detroit and the Red Wings new $650 million Arena that was just approved?

$450 million in tax money to create 400 permanent jobs.  Detroit and all of Michigan shoudl be forced on Canada.  There is no one in that state smart enough to run it.

#16 LABillzFan

LABillzFan

See? I'm not a homophobe.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,215 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

View Postbowery4, on 25 July 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

Jerry's getting stronger and stronger drugs it seems.

And Leon's getting larger.

The Chargers are not moving to LA.

#17 apuszczalowski

apuszczalowski

Official Transport of TBD Members and WGR 550

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostMr. WEO, on 25 July 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

$450 million in tax money to create 400 permanent jobs.  Detroit and all of Michigan shoudl be forced on Canada.  There is no one in that state smart enough to run it.
We don't want to take your trash, It would have to be a fair trade

We will give you permanent ownership of Justin Beiber and take Michigan off your hands. But if we take Michigan, their sports teams and team history belong to Canada. That should finally shut up all the ones whinning about howthe cup has to be won by Canadian teams...........

#18 Dr. Fong

Dr. Fong

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

I'm sick of worrying about what team is moving to LA. If the NFL wants to move the Bills, feel free. Good luck finding a fan base.

#19 dollars 2 donuts

dollars 2 donuts

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

View PostKirby Jackson, on 25 July 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

The first 7 years of this lease (think that it's 7) is key.  The closer that we get to that 7 year mark the scarier it will become if a new stadium isn't under construction. No one is going to but this team in the next couple of years with the intent to move them because the cost to do so is too great. I think that it drops to like $28M in year 7 which can be made up in a year in certain markets. The best thing for the franchise's future in WNY would be to sell the team ASAP.

What KJ said...great big gobs of what KJ said above.

#20 CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

View Postbiglukes, on 25 July 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

I have a hard time taking anything Jerry Jones says seriously. He could say the sky is blue and I'd have to go outside and check.
Yeah, sorta like when he said firing Chan Gailey was his biggest mistake.  But plenty here touted that as gospel for (3) years.

View PostKirby Jackson, on 25 July 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

I may be in the minority, but I don't think the stadium lease has much impact on the Bills staying or leaving the area.  Whatever group buys the team is going to look at the long, not short, term financial picture.  If they need to pony up  a big pile of cash to move the team, they will if it makes long term sense.  They will be spending 800 million-ish dollars to buy the team, adding some more initial cost won't matter that much.  People that deal in those kinds of investments do not look short term.  If it makes long term sense to stay in WNY they will, otherwise they will go.  Stressing about something you have no control over makes the least sense of all.  We will know when we know.

Edited by CodeMonkey, 25 July 2013 - 12:51 PM.