Jump to content


Doug Marrone grows irritated


  • Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

#1 Just Jack

Just Jack

    Lifting things up and putting them down

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,419 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

Buffalo Bills training camp: Doug Marrone grows irritated with questions about Mario Williams

article - http://www.syracuse....#incart_m-rpt-2

second article (R D&C) - http://blogs.democra...icle.com/bills/

article/audio (WGR55) - http://www.wgr550.co...-again/16939557

#2 Mr. WEO

Mr. WEO

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,548 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostJust Jack, on 30 July 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

Buffalo Bills training camp: Doug Marrone grows irritated with questions about Mario Williams

article - http://www.syracuse....#incart_m-rpt-2

second article (R D&C) - http://blogs.democra...icle.com/bills/

article/audio (WGR55) - http://www.wgr550.co...-again/16939557

Better get used to it, Doug.  Thicken that skin a little.

#3 TaskersGhost

TaskersGhost

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

http://profootballta...th-local-media/

This is not a good stigma for a new coach.

I'm not commenting on this otherwise, PFT has done that.  Just pointing it out.

As to Mario, if this continues then he'll make the Dockery and Fitzpatrick signings look like genius moves.

Edited by TaskersGhost, 30 July 2013 - 02:38 PM.


#4 Fan in San Diego

Fan in San Diego

    Old Sage from way back when.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,416 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

I like it, why ask the same question 5 times in a row. He should get dressed down a bit.

#5 nucci

nucci

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Why, because reports are a pain in the ass and he's tired of answering the same question repeatedly?

#6 dollars 2 donuts

dollars 2 donuts

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

Not worried.

#7 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    TBD's franchise poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,075 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

And there you go.  Manufactured controversy.  Way to go. :doh:

PTR

#8 Peter

Peter

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,595 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

Perhaps the media (rather than Marrone) should get a thick skin.  I read the Buffalo News characterization of this and they used terms like Marrone "shot at him" etc.  Before I heard the audio and saw the video, I thought that I was going to hear a shouting match.  Instead, I heard Marrone merely being frustrated having to hear the same questions when he does not have the answers yet.

Edited by Peter, 30 July 2013 - 02:50 PM.


#9 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Watch the video in the link......Bravo Coach Marrone!!! Bravo!!  (insert the clapping guy gif here)

#10 Gugny

Gugny

    Beerball Brings Crudite to Football Parties

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,079 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Jeremy Lin is on Line 1.

#11 MRW

MRW

    Wannabe chessboxer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

I like his response.  What good does it do to keep pressing him for information if he doesn't have it?  One of the problems with the 24-hour, always-on news cycle is that actual events do not necessarily unfold according to that schedule.  If Williams is still being evaluated and the doctors do not yet have a diagnosis, you can ask 50,000 times but if you do, let's not pretend it's about informing anyone.

#12 papazoid

papazoid

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

that is a WEAK performance by Marrone......in fact, i'd call it Amateurish.

you might be able to bully your way around the media in college.....

but that crap doesn't work in the NFL.

Let's see, your highest paid player on the entire team is NOT at practice......and you don't have anymore information than you did at this time yesterday ??.....LAUGHABLE !!

#13 fansince88

fansince88

    He must increase but I must decrease

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

you cant say chink!

#14 Dorkington

Dorkington

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

I like it... but he's also going to straight up strangle someone by the end of the season when we're 2-14.

#15 Heitz

Heitz

    Professional Expert

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

That video makes me love Marrone even more...

I'm guessing we'll find out more about Mario when the Bills are good and ready to tell us.  Decides, they'll break that news to Brown or Murphy, not JW or Graham.

#16 ko12010

ko12010

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostMRW, on 30 July 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

I like his response.  What good does it do to keep pressing him for information if he doesn't have it?  One of the problems with the 24-hour, always-on news cycle is that actual events do not necessarily unfold according to that schedule.  If Williams is still being evaluated and the doctors do not yet have a diagnosis, you can ask 50,000 times but if you do, let's not pretend it's about informing anyone.
It's ridiculous. I watched one of the latest Doug Whaley conferences. Literally just kept asking him about Byrd over and over. Morons.

#17 Fan in Chicago

Fan in Chicago

    Holier than thou

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

View Postpapazoid, on 30 July 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

that is a WEAK performance by Marrone......in fact, i'd call it Amateurish.

you might be able to bully your way around the media in college.....

but that crap doesn't work in the NFL.

Let's see, your highest paid player on the entire team is NOT at practice......and you don't have anymore information than you did at this time yesterday ??.....LAUGHABLE !!

Are you being sarcastic ? What part of his quotes can be considered 'bullying' ?

#18 The Big Cat

The Big Cat

    Prowling.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,449 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

The press writing about...THE PRESS!? Shocking :thumbdown:

#19 Buffalos#1Fan

Buffalos#1Fan

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Ed Wang

#20 papazoid

papazoid

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

in fact, based on the way his wrist injury was handled by the team last year, it wouldn't surprise me if Mario is already seeking a second opinion from a non-Bills doctor for whatever is bothering him.