5 replies to this topic

#1 Keukasmallies

Keukasmallies

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

Suspend A-Rod for life, if the confirmed evidence is there; don't worry about negotiating a "settlement." If he appeals, let it happen.

#2 BillsFanM.D.

BillsFanM.D.

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

His attitude is remarkable. "I want to be a role model..." "Of course, we need to get PED's out of the game." He implies a conspiracy.

He cheats....but it's now everyone else's fault.

He's such a victim....of his own narcissism.

#3 blzrul

blzrul

Is it "ready aim fire" or "ready fire aim?"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

What makes Pay-Rod worse that Sosa or McGuire? The fact that he's not a lovable clown or a good old boy? He's got an attitude, no way about it, but MLB has made him the poster boy as if he's any worse than a bunch of them. Manny...Nelson Cruz...etc.

#4 Gugny

Gugny

Yeah, I'm a baseball guy at heart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

Alex Rodriguez is a sociopath, just like Lance Armstrong. He needs to be banned for life, just as all cheaters do.

If Pete Rose is banned, so should the cheaters be.

#5 KD in CA

KD in CA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,206 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

A nice reception from the Chicago fans! That was more booing than Chipper Jones got in a whole season at Shea.

Too bad he didn't either a strikeout or a homer for added effect.

#6 ajzepp

ajzepp

TBD's Resident Focker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,256 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

What makes Pay-Rod worse that Sosa or McGuire? The fact that he's not a lovable clown or a good old boy? He's got an attitude, no way about it, but MLB has made him the poster boy as if he's any worse than a bunch of them. Manny...Nelson Cruz...etc.

I dont know if this is accurate, but I heard on the sports station that the difference was that he didn't just deny use (until he admitted it) but he actively obstructed the investigation