Jump to content


Anyone else have trouble dvring Sunday ticket?


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,508 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Two weeks in a row, I dvred the bills game on Sunday ticket, it stated it was set to record, and then it didn't. Thankfully I wasn't out of town and only missed about 5-6 plays at the beginning of today's game

Curious if anyone else had this issue? Thanks.

#2 birdog1960

birdog1960

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,745 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

didn't have any trouble til just now.  detroit game link said something about "u don't have permission for CBS national...i hit ok and the game came on

#3 BillnutinHouston

BillnutinHouston

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

No problems here.

#4 ExWNYer

ExWNYer

    Hopeful Bills romantic at heart...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

No problems here but the online feed for the other games (Sunday Ticket Max) was down for a while but I eventually got it back sometime in the 1st quarter.

#5 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

No problems, JR.

#6 Rockinon

Rockinon

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Last 2 weeks first 10-15minutes of game was all garbled watching it live.  I had to watch this week on Fox 28 because it was blacked out on channel 705.  I don't know why???  Called support, they said whenever it is televised locally ticket blacks it out???  Is there a way around the blackouts?  BTW, I live way up in Northern NYS.

Edited by Rockinon, 15 September 2013 - 06:38 PM.


#7 Snopple

Snopple

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:52 PM


If you live in the Buffalo area, last weeks Bills game was shown channel 4. Today’s game was on shown on channel 29. Whenever a game is carried by a local network affiliate, it’s blacked out on the Sunday Ticket Channels.

#8 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,508 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

Thanks, guys. Guess its just me. Might also be a weird glitch since I don't have max or redzone but I do have Sunday ticket. I might call them.

#9 Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

One grip I do have with ST, I get the idea that the local game is shown on local channel, not in the 700 series.  ST is smart enough to know when a person lives in local area, and blacks out that game, so why can't they instead move or copy the local channel to the 7XX channel. when switching around games, channel surfing, it's alot easier to just hit up or down a couple of times to jump between 704 and 706  vrs having to constantly keep switching between game on channel 706 and 28 or something similar.  Have the game shown on two stations, the local one 28, but also same feed with local commercials on 704.  They know I'm in the local area, so can't be that hard.

#10 ExWNYer

ExWNYer

    Hopeful Bills romantic at heart...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostEd_Roch, on 15 September 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

One grip I do have with ST, I get the idea that the local game is shown on local channel, not in the 700 series.  ST is smart enough to know when a person lives in local area, and blacks out that game, so why can't they instead move or copy the local channel to the 7XX channel. when switching around games, channel surfing, it's alot easier to just hit up or down a couple of times to jump between 704 and 706  vrs having to constantly keep switching between game on channel 706 and 28 or something similar.  Have the game shown on two stations, the local one 28, but also same feed with local commercials on 704.  They know I'm in the local area, so can't be that hard.
Great idea, Ed. I can't stand having to go from the 700s to either 6 (CBS) or 35 (FOX). As you stated, the technology has to be there. I get that the local stations want you watching their ads but, honestly, who is watching commercials if they are paying for ST?? I'd argue that most subscribers are going from game to game during their team's commercial breaks and especially when their team's game is over. It's naive to think that the local advertisers are losing out by me getting the non-local feed...I'm not watching the commercials no matter whose feed I'm getting.

#11 Dennis in AZ

Dennis in AZ

    RIP Mr Wilson - and Thank you

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

I noticed after the game that I have 1 large and 3 small files(?) for the Bills game.  But I do not recall stopping and starting the DVR at all.  That was odd.

#12 BisonMan

BisonMan

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

View PostJR in Pittsburgh, on 15 September 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

Two weeks in a row, I dvred the bills game on Sunday ticket, it stated it was set to record, and then it didn't. Thankfully I wasn't out of town and only missed about 5-6 plays at the beginning of today's game

Curious if anyone else had this issue? Thanks.

I had a similar (maybe the same) problem but figured it out. When did you set your DVR to record the game? If you do it early in the week, you will notice that the game is set to record for 7-8 hours (1pm - 8pm, I think). Later in the week, DirectTV adjusts the programming so that the broadcast is only from 1pm - 5 pm (or 5:30). This makes it a "new" show on DirectTV and the "old" show you set to record no longer is being broadcast. Viola, your show doesn't record. Make sure you set your DVR to record the game later in the week when the length of the broadcast is correct.

#13 thebug

thebug

    stranger than you.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

Yes....but then I realized I don't have Sunday Ticket....  :w00t:

#14 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,508 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostBisonMan, on 15 September 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:



I had a similar (maybe the same) problem but figured it out. When did you set your DVR to record the game? If you do it early in the week, you will notice that the game is set to record for 7-8 hours (1pm - 8pm, I think). Later in the week, DirectTV adjusts the programming so that the broadcast is only from 1pm - 5 pm (or 5:30). This makes it a "new" show on DirectTV and the "old" show you set to record no longer is being broadcast. Viola, your show doesn't record. Make sure you set your DVR to record the game later in the week when the length of the broadcast is correct.

Awesome. Thanks!

#15 reddogblitz

reddogblitz

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

I had this problem as well.   I did schedule them way in advance since I was going to be out of town. I'll try to schedule it a little closer this time.  Lame.

#16 DC Grid

DC Grid

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

You can't set it too far in advance this year, it seems to reset at some point in the week.  This has happened both weeks so far, but I've always been around Sunday morning to catch it.

#17 BillsFan-4-Ever

BillsFan-4-Ever

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

not that I noticed

#18 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostDennis in AZ, on 15 September 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

I noticed after the game that I have 1 large and 3 small files(?) for the Bills game.  But I do not recall stopping and starting the DVR at all.  That was odd.

This happened to me too and it's happened previously as well.