Jump to content


So, we have Gannon and Albert calling the game...oh and an article on


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,354 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

http://blogs.buffalo...on-ej-and-geno/
Kemp posted this in the shoutbox.  It's an article from Gannon about EJ and Geno...I stopped reading after the first sentence too sick to continue at the moment...

Quote

CBS NFL color analyst Rich Gannon will be doing Sunday’s Bills-Jets broadcast with veteran play-by-play man Marv Albert.


#2 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,228 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

Haha. There are worse duos in the booth. Postive article though! We'll see how it plays out on the field. GO Bills!

#3 The Big Cat

The Big Cat

    Prowling.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,196 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

View Postjboyst62, on 20 September 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

http://blogs.buffalo...on-ej-and-geno/
Kemp posted this in the shoutbox.  It's an article from Gannon about EJ and Geno...I stopped reading after the first sentence too sick to continue at the moment...

Nothing but good things to say about EJ, not too thrilled with Geno.

#4 BillsGuyInWilton

BillsGuyInWilton

    I can has football?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,749 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Nice thoughts on EJ...but man, those two are some of the worst announcers in football right now.

They called the game when the Bills upset the Patriots with about as much excitement as someone taking your order over the drive-thru speaker at Burger King.

"Looks like the Bills scored"

"Yup"

"...you want a vanilla milkshake with that?"

#5 BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill

    Jim K is tough but so is being a Bills fan

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Meh...

There is just the NFL hype going on here.  Had the interception stood at the end of the Carolina game I am sure Gannon would be saying EJ has far more development to go through blah ..blah.  

It is a long season.  The good news is that the Buffalo D seems stout enough to keep us in games while EJ rides the inevitable rookie learning curve.  The Jests D will give him a test this week.  

The best thing I have seen from EJ is that he is staying humble and appears to be listening to the coaches.  He is going to have a bad week or two along the line here so the fact he is staying level is a very good sign.  



#6 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostBillsGuyInWilton, on 20 September 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

Nice thoughts on EJ...but man, those two are some of the worst announcers in football right now.

They called the game when the Bills upset the Patriots with about as much excitement as someone taking your order over the drive-thru speaker at Burger King.

"Looks like the Bills scored"

"Yup"

"...you want a vanilla milkshake with that?"

:D :D :D

BTW, no more in Ballston Spa?

#7 judman

judman

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

No Dierdorf, I'm happy.

#8 CSBill

CSBill

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

View Postjudman, on 20 September 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

No Dierdorf, I'm happy.

I'm with you, Dierdorf is a human drone machine .... I'm sure they use his nonstop talking about nothing and the obvious as torture at Guantanamo Bay.

#9 BillsGuyInWilton

BillsGuyInWilton

    I can has football?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,749 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

View PostSan Jose Bills Fan, on 20 September 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

:D :D :D

BTW, no more in Ballston Spa?

Nope, finally did the mature thing and bought my first house up in Wilton, NY.

Now I'm rooted here.

#10 papazoid

papazoid

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

View PostYoloInTheBlo, on 20 September 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

Haha. There are worse duos in the booth. Postive article though! We'll see how it plays out on the field. GO Bills!


like  Tasker and whoever he is paired with.

#11 ORTON1QB

ORTON1QB

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

How do these two still have a job?

#12 RCOHEN13

RCOHEN13

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

View Postpapazoid, on 20 September 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

like  Tasker and whoever he is paired with.

no one worse than Tasker.. he gets the crappy games usually, which is why he's had so many of ours in the past.

Mind you, after hearing Ronde Barber on fox last week... i'm happy we only have only 1 game left on fox this yr! that was probably the worst game of so called analysis i've heard. All game long the only "zinger" they would throw in which seemed like EVERY drive was when the color commentator would say to Ronde " too bad they dont have u out there" referring to depleted secondary of Carolina who came in the game with issues there like we did but had like 3 guys get hurt in game and lost Mickell for the yr after he made a nice play.

#13 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostBillsGuyInWilton, on 20 September 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Nope, finally did the mature thing and bought my first house up in Wilton, NY.

Now I'm rooted here.

Kudos.

Beautiful part of the country.

Peak color up there must be breathtaking.

#14 eball

eball

    Omar Sly

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

I listen to Gannon pretty regularly on SiriusXM and have grown to appreciate his insight and analysis.  He's also not afraid to call it like he sees it, and is critical of QBs frequently.  He really seems to like EJ, for whatever it's worth.

#15 KitchenerKaizer

KitchenerKaizer

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

Never liked Marv Albert. Cannot understand why he is so highly thought of.

#16 Mark Vader

Mark Vader

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,737 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostRCOHEN13, on 20 September 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

no one worse than Tasker.. he gets the crappy games usually, which is why he's had so many of ours in the past.

Mind you, after hearing Ronde Barber on fox last week... i'm happy we only have only 1 game left on fox this yr! that was probably the worst game of so called analysis i've heard. All game long the only "zinger" they would throw in which seemed like EVERY drive was when the color commentator would say to Ronde " too bad they dont have u out there" referring to depleted secondary of Carolina who came in the game with issues there like we did but had like 3 guys get hurt in game and lost Mickell for the yr after he made a nice play.
The one thing I will give credit to FOX is that when they do their sponsor shots, they at least show other sights of Buffalo. Whereas with CBS it's always a shot of Niagara Falls.

#17 BuffaloWings

BuffaloWings

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostSan Jose Bills Fan, on 20 September 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

Kudos.

Beautiful part of the country.

Peak color up there must be breathtaking.

It really is awesome once you get even farther north into the southern Adirondacks. Once the peak hits (usually early-mid October), some of the sights around here are phenomenal.

View Posteball, on 20 September 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

I listen to Gannon pretty regularly on SiriusXM and have grown to appreciate his insight and analysis.  He's also not afraid to call it like he sees it, and is critical of QBs frequently.  He really seems to like EJ, for whatever it's worth.

I really don't mind Gannon too much. I'd rather have him than Dierdorf or even Phil Simms, who constantly ball-wash the better teams of the league and give zero attention to anyone else.

As for Marv, I've always thought he was an ok announcer - not flashy, but he gets the job done. He was always a bit annoying, which dropped him down a level or two for me.

Edited by BuffaloWings, 20 September 2013 - 12:29 PM.


#18 DerekJ

DerekJ

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostBillsGuyInWilton, on 20 September 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Nope, finally did the mature thing and bought my first house up in Wilton, NY.

Now I'm rooted here.

Ballston Lake here.....wonder how many on this board are in the Cap Dist.

Edited by DerekJ, 20 September 2013 - 12:53 PM.


#19 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,354 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

View Posteball, on 20 September 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

I listen to Gannon pretty regularly on SiriusXM and have grown to appreciate his insight and analysis.  He's also not afraid to call it like he sees it, and is critical of QBs frequently.  He really seems to like EJ, for whatever it's worth.
I do not mind him on the radio.  He can be a really big homer some times but the guy knows football.  As a TV broadcaster...I just do not like his schtick.  He's over the top with memories of his playing time, how this QB is so great, or just how amazed he is at the way XYZ player ties his shoe laces.

#20 Gugny

Gugny

    Garth Brooks Sucks. Period.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostDerekJ, on 20 September 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

Ballston Lake here.....wonder how many on this board are in the Cap Dist.
I bought my motorcycle from a guy in Ballston Lake.